TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the person walks, and stands, like a younger woman who works with animals, or on a farm. And, the person also stands like a dancer with her leg pointed, and/or a girl posing for a picture. Just wild guesses...I could be wrong.

Speaking of that I found something very interesting about the Bevers. The church she was killed at wasn't her church:
For 15 years, he added, his family attended Cowboy Church in Midlothian, a couple of miles down Highway 287 from where Missy was slain.
http://www.khou.com/news/local/texa...red-at-midlothian-church-speaks-out/144842102
It turns out that church is actually a specialty church that caters especially to cowboys:
http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20090425/NEWS/304259897
So it could be someone they met from there.

Was a member angry that this woman was allowed to use the building and of course being mentally disturbed no sane person does this stuff but felt it was so wrong and degrading a fitness class was allowed to be held there decided to handle it?
Also could it had been a spouse that her husband may have been involved with the lady killed? Even if MR was not a member it would still be a disgrace? If she was not a member it would also be a issue with someone that allowed to use the church for profit and it tainted their sanctuary all though they call it a building but you know what I mean.

She wasn't a member of that church and though this church had a number of side organizations using it, this appeared to be the only for-profit business operating out of there regularly. It looks like she comes from Baptist (Cowboy Church) and wasn't CoC. Along those same lines there could have been rumors (true or untrue) about what she was doing in there besides business, especially if someone was upset and deranged they could have thought of any number of things in their head with no basis in reality.

Hi, I'm a newbie, have lurked around reading a couple of stories but I had to comment on this one since my family are/grew up in Midlothian since way back when it was called "Middle of the Ocean or Nowhere" (early 70's). I've just recently moved back. My mother's friend/co-worker is the person that unfortunately discovered the body. She also told my mother how she was killed but I'm not sure if I can/should state it since it hasn't been noted in any of the news reports or by Midlo Police. I do know Ms. Bevers is not originally from Midlo, so I feel she was targeted because our crime rate is so very low and has been since I can remember. All the burglaries/break-ins here in Midlothian have been by dumb teens or drug addicts and they only steal/take what they can get their hands on and it's been during the day when no one is home or at night, not at 3-4am ish. Hope suspect is caught soon....I don't like feeling unsafe and scared the way I do about our little, boring town.....

Just Marking my spot.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I apologize if my theory has already been thrown in the mix. Just now got to be able to get on Web.
Some of the things I have thought of could it be a member of the church? I do know my family are all committed to the church of Christ, I'm the oddball Baptist.. I am not sure about this particular church but the ones here the congregation are very devoted to the rules and teachings of the church. Here coc members are kind but very stand off with non members the church is very plain inside they do not use their building for anything other than worship. They do not have a fellowship hall all is done outside the church. They take care or their own and do not provide outside the church to charity. Also I know if a member has been caught say cheating on their spouse if they wish to reconcile and stay in the church they must stand before the church and confess and ask that the members accept their apology it has gotten real uncomfortable once a couple members had to ask for the church's forgiveness when they were caught together and they and their families were all members.
With that said here is my theory

Was a member angry that this woman was allowed to use the building and of course being mentally disturbed no sane person does this stuff but felt it was so wrong and degrading a fitness class was allowed to be held there decided decided to handle it?
Also could it had been a spouse that her husband may have been involved with the lady killed? Even if MR was not a member it would still be a disgrace? If she was not a member it would also be a issue with someone that allowed to use the church for profit and it tainted their sanctuary all though they call it a building but you know what I mean.
These are my theories and not directed towards the denomination in anyway or insulting them, I love my family my own husband are coc they are some of the most devoted Christians out there, but no matter what there are mentally insane people that may seem normal on Sundays but a lunatic outside the doors of the church.
This church may have been more liberal than the ones here.
Just a thought please no one think I'm picking on their beliefs because that would be the last thing I would ever do I respect all that believe in Christ and try to obey the word.

I was a long time member here at creek side Coc. This church is much more liberal than a traditional Coc. This church does have a fellowship hall and many other non traditional Coc things. They also have a praise choir which incorporates music. However, that being said Missy was not a member of this church, she was working with several places in the community which allowed her to house her fitness class. They were actually about to move to a new more permanent location.

Hi, I'm a newbie, have lurked around reading a couple of stories but I had to comment on this one since my family are/grew up in Midlothian since way back when it was called "Middle of the Ocean or Nowhere" (early 70's). I've just recently moved back. My mother's friend/co-worker is the person that unfortunately discovered the body. She also told my mother how she was killed but I'm not sure if I can/should state it since it hasn't been noted in any of the news reports or by Midlo Police. I do know Ms. Bevers is not originally from Midlo, so I feel she was targeted because our crime rate is so very low and has been since I can remember. All the burglaries/break-ins here in Midlothian have been by dumb teens or drug addicts and they only steal/take what they can get their hands on and it's been during the day when no one is home or at night, not at 3-4am ish. Hope suspect is caught soon....I don't like feeling unsafe and scared the way I do about our little, boring town.....

Welcome to websleuths!

I agree with her being the target and after viewing the cctv footage I feel it is a male. I hope a mod chimes in on whether or not the cause of death can be said before authorities have announced/ released it.

Hmm. I actually think I may have an idea of at least one FB Friend that Un-friended - I had noticed something odd about someone who had commented on a post and after reading other things went to look at this person's comment and it was gone and they are no longer a friend. I actually taken a screenshot (involves "tactical gear" like in video) - guess that's all I can say. Probably just a coincidence.

Curiously, this morning, Missy's friends are back up to 1861. Yesterday morning they numbered 1861. Then they went down to 1860 a bit later. Yesterday someone changed to the title to "remembering" Missy Bevers. And whoever had access must've also accepted a new friend request because now the friends are back up to 1861.

Please let me know if I got this wrong. I don't see a way to determine who unfriended, and who friended, but it's weird. I'm sure I checked the number 1860 after a poster noted the number. Did other people look at the numbers or am I imagining this?

Welcome to websleuths!

I agree with her being the target and after viewing the cctv footage I feel it is a male. I hope a mod chimes in on whether or not the cause of death can be said before authorities have announced/ released it.

If it hasn't been officially released, the COD can't be said.

where you living there when the young undercover cop was killed by those 2 kids ?

:welcome:

Welcome Curious.......glad you joined us here!

I think y'all are reading way too much in the FB friend thing. It could be something as simple as a person deactivating their profile and reactivating it later for completely unrelated reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the welcome! **Yes I was in Midlothian when George Raffield was murdered, but I was very young. In the 3-4th grade. All kinds or rumors went on about that murder/people involved...and that was the only murder/killing I remember in Midlothian!

I think y'all are reading way too much in the FB friend thing. It could be something as simple as a person deactivating their profile and reactivating it later for completely unrelated reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be nothing, but people are pursuing all avenues in this strange case

Midlothian cops are pretty good especially for a small town. When I moved there in 1986 a friend of mine had a house break in. The cops immediately knew who did it cause the idiot had broke into the police chief's house the year before. They tracked her stuff down as far away as Brownsville on the border of Mexico and they caught the guy within a few days, we were very proud of them.

This is the town that in 86 had a young undercover cop killed by a teen who used his dad's Dallas Police gun. The ironic thing about this case was his accomplice who was 17 could have gotten the DP just for ridining in the truck with the 16 year old who could only get life due to his age. They both got 45 years and the one that rode did get out I heard several years ago, the killer was still in last I heard.

From viewing the person while standing at the door before walking away they don't appear to be very tall. When looking at door sizes the metal doors come in three heights, 6'8", 7' & 8'..

Our killer knew that missy would be there alone, (daughter would not be accompanying her this particular early morning) that there was video surveillance and had to dress in disguise and, that church didn't have an active alarm system.

I saw the surveillance video this morning on GMA .... and it really looks as though the odd gait was due to trying to keep to large a size of shoes on. Weird.

Oops, quote didn't work. This is in response to earlier comments about suspect's toe pointing out similar to a dancer...

I agree he/she walks like a farm girl, though I don't necessarily see 'dancer' here. Have some of that in the family and really don't see it in this shorter-than-average person's physique or walk--she swings her arms too much and her walk and movements aren't necessarily graceful. In fact, at the risk of reading too much into it, my first impression was more that this person had almost a duck walk verging on waddling. Toe-pointing-out gait is also found in people who have flat feet and/or people who are somewhat uncoordinated (also in the family, and the mother told by a doc, lol). Standing still with the weight on one leg (other knee slightly bent) also tends to be more commonly done with people who are not lightweights.

From viewing the person while standing at the door before walking away they don't appear to be very tall. When looking at door sizes the metal doors come in three heights, 6'8", 7' & 8'..

Yes...and up thread it was mentioned that TX code (nonresidential) for interior doors is 7'0" - I believe this person is shorter than average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper