TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, quote didn't work. This is in response to earlier comments about suspect's toe pointing out similar to a dancer...

I agree he/she walks like a farm girl, though I don't necessarily see 'dancer' here. Have some of that in the family and really don't see it in this shorter-than-average person's physique or walk--she swings her arms too much and her walk and movements aren't necessarily graceful. In fact, at the risk of reading too much into it, my first impression was more that this person had almost a duck walk verging on waddling. Toe-pointing-out gait is also found in people who have flat feet and/or people who are somewhat uncoordinated (also in the family, and the mother told by a doc, lol). Standing still with the weight on one leg (other knee slightly bent) also tends to be more commonly done with people who are not lightweights.

her right leg looks hyperextended like a knee injury

Then the police said. Whoa buddy. We don't want people to think he. When we know it's a she. Lol.

We don't want to mislead the public now.

But it could be a he or a she.

I truly wonder if they were trying to bait hubby by saying he at first just to see if he would say it looks more like a female. The police are tricky these days. Idk

http://www.fox4news.com/news/126278594-story

At yesterday's memorial in this video, the husband stated the police suggested the perp was 6 ft tall and may not have known Missy would arrive. ("It is the opinion of the police department the perpetrator didn't know the presence of my wife or that she was going to be there.")

The person doesn't look comfortable in that gear - it's like the outfit is wearing the person rather than the person wearing the outfit. If it were a cop or security guard (which I don't think it is), I think the person would look more natural walking. It reminds me of a little kid wearing snow pants and parka that are too big, or a person putting on a mascot outfit - it just is clumsy and too big.

JMopinion.

I agree with this thought. I live in a state where we hunt in cold months and when I bundle up to head outside (I'm a woman), it bulks up where it makes me walk funny/differently, especially with clunky hunting boots on. This seems to be a woman who "bulked" up with the outfit and is not comfortable in it at all. Trying to walk with the stance of a man but not succeeding.

JMO

there is a doctor's office on 287, the doc i wont name has been there for many years and sees most of the town. I hope he watches the video maybe he would reconize the walk. I would trust his judgment if he does see something he reconizes

The object in the rightmost photo looks much more like a black AR-15 type rifle (the kind typically carried by SWAT teams) than a crowbar. Note the thinner, round barrel at the front, and what appears to be a much thicker stock to the rear. There even seems to be a thicker flash guard/muzzle compensator on the front of the barrel.

That was my first impression, too - mostly in the way it was being held in that last photo (like a rifle rather than a crowbar). But video doesn't show the suspect carrying more than one large weapon, and there is video (though we've not seen it) of suspect prying off the doorknob and plate...and I can't see that being done with a rifle (it wasn't shot off). So I just chalked it up to my imagination based on her stance with the weapon.

Are the cellphone companies able to identify the phones that come into and linger in a particular area?

WILD speculation....could s/he have been looking around the church because the gun was stashed somewhere ahead of time??? There is the report that s/he spent time in the kitchen. Perhaps that's where the gear and weapon was?

Again, totally wild guess....

Except, if she/he didn't gear up until reaching the kitchen, there'd be more recognizable video of suspect breaking and entering that police would have circulated. I believe she was geared up the whole time. Agree with the poster who said they're not convinced it's a firearm in the pictures. From some angles in those four shots it doesn't look like a rifle but more like a 2' rod-shaped instrument.

Hi, I'm a newbie, have lurked around reading a couple of stories but I had to comment on this one since my family are/grew up in Midlothian since way back when it was called "Middle of the Ocean or Nowhere" (early 70's). I've just recently moved back. My mother's friend/co-worker is the person that unfortunately discovered the body. She also told my mother how she was killed but I'm not sure if I can/should state it since it hasn't been noted in any of the news reports or by Midlo Police. I do know Ms. Bevers is not originally from Midlo, so I feel she was targeted because our crime rate is so very low and has been since I can remember. All the burglaries/break-ins here in Midlothian have been by dumb teens or drug addicts and they only steal/take what they can get their hands on and it's been during the day when no one is home or at night, not at 3-4am ish. Hope suspect is caught soon....I don't like feeling unsafe and scared the way I do about our little, boring town.....

Welcome! And much as I'm curious....it'd probably be best if you DIDN'T say how she was killed if LE are holding that info back. (They have a reason.)

Do you know, did the woman who discovered the body call it in before her other camp pals arrived?

I was a long time member here at creek side Coc. This church is much more liberal than a traditional Coc. This church does have a fellowship hall and many other non traditional Coc things. They also have a praise choir which incorporates music. However, that being said Missy was not a member of this church, she was working with several places in the community which allowed her to house her fitness class. They were actually about to move to a new more permanent location.

Missy's fitness class was about to move to a new, permanent location?

On Sunday, Missy also posted about a "food prepping party" for the gladiators. So this camp not only was about rigorous exercise but also eating unprocessed food. (Was the food she posted a "paleo diet?") Total transformation really is quite the lifestyle change and time commitment. I could see how a non-participating person could find it annoying if their significant other really got into this and eschewed the mac n cheese with tater tops and beer usually served for dinner. And nitpicked about weight and eating and drinking habits..........

Just trying to think from all angles.

according to the news reporter in the video at link she says she was shot and killed.

.http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/woman-found-dead-inside-midlothian-church/140954492

Strange...because the written article states this:

Bevers was still unloading equipment from her gray F-150 pickup truck when she was killed inside the church building. Police would not reveal how they think she died.

Motion-activated surveillance footage from the church shows the suspect inside for the first time at about 3:50 a.m., almost 30 minutes before Bevers arrived.

Detectives said they did not see a weapon on the suspect in the video, aside from a tool that they believe was used to break out windows and gain access to the building. It is unclear if the suspect was armed with anything else.

After initially describing the SWAT-gear clad suspect in the homicide of a Texas fitness instructor as a man, police now say the suspect might be a woman.

http://www.people.com/article/terri-bevers-fitness-instructor-suspect-woman-swat-gear

The Dallas County medical examiner will determine Bevers’ cause of death, but Midlothian Police Captain John Spann said she had suffered “obvious trauma,” WFAA8 ABC reported.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...rdered-before-workout-class-at-church-w203270

bbm

Curiously, this morning, Missy's friends are back up to 1861. Yesterday morning they numbered 1861. Then they went down to 1860 a bit later. Yesterday someone changed to the title to "remembering" Missy Bevers. And whoever had access must've also accepted a new friend request because now the friends are back up to 1861.

Please let me know if I got this wrong. I don't see a way to determine who unfriended, and who friended, but it's weird. I'm sure I checked the number 1860 after a poster noted the number. Did other people look at the numbers or am I imagining this?

For what it's worth, my Facebook friends count has varied by 1 over the years...up one, down one when there is no actual unfriending or friending causing it. I'm just not sure it's that reliable.

After initially describing the SWAT-gear clad suspect in the homicide of a Texas fitness instructor as a man, police now say the suspect might be a woman.

http://www.people.com/article/terri-bevers-fitness-instructor-suspect-woman-swat-gear

The Dallas County medical examiner will determine Bevers’ cause of death, but Midlothian Police Captain John Spann said she had suffered “obvious trauma,” WFAA8 ABC reported.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...rdered-before-workout-class-at-church-w203270

bbm

And, a later article has stated ME has ruled but they are withholding it for purposes of investigation.

I find it odd that the lights are on inside the church at night. That might be standard operating procedure for them--to leave lights on, or they may be motion-activated, or the perp might have turned the lights on.

I make this observation because, even though the church is somewhat remote, if a person driving past or who pulled up in the parking lot saw lights on, they might well could see someone walking around inside. And that could be why the perp wears the tactical gear with "POLICE" and "SWAT" written in huge letters on the gear.

Someone pulls up, "That's odd: the lights are on." "I can see someone walking around in there." "Oh, it's a police officer. I guess I don't need to call the police to report it because they are already here."

KWIM?

Welcome! And much as I'm curious....it'd probably be best if you DIDN'T say how she was killed if LE are holding that info back. (They have a reason.)

Do you know, did the woman who discovered the body call it in before her other camp pals arrived?

I'm not sure, I'll ask my mother tonight! See if I can get anymore details from her.....that I'm allowed to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper