TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it's been mentioned in relation to this case or not but the he/she debate reminds me of the David Messerschmidt case. If you aren't familiar, here is the link DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, attorney, murdered in hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 - #1 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271215

We had the he/she debate, I won't say what the gender ended up being but check out the footage and then skip to the end to see if you were right.

I personally don't have an opinion on this one.

Just curious, are these early morning boot camp classes really poplar in a lot of places? I didn’t know there was an entire culture of people who like to work out at 5AM.

Yes, I used to live in the DFW area and still have lots of friends and family who are still there. My sister does the camp gladiator in grapevine. Most boot camps offer early morning times in addition to evening times.

Perhaps it was one of the other campers who came later who was the friend that called. 25 Minute Lady waited for others, and they went in together, right?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

According to the SIL interview, the friend that called BB was also the camper who "discovered" Missy.

Yes! They looked at the bulletin board and very well may have been reading a map of the layout of the building, and then they immediately turn and fairly quickly walk down the hall, pausing briefly to check the room with the Dutch doors.

I wonder if they smashed all or some of the security cameras before the victim arrived?

I haven’t read anything that any cameras were smashed.

Here is a post from the Midlothian PD FB:
Midlothian Police Department

18 hrs ·

Check out new surveillance footage of the Creekside Church incident, https://t.co/BxasMoOO52

Here is new surveillance footage of the murder investigation of Terri Bevers. The surveillance system is motion-activated and results in different time sequences. If there was no movement captured by the camera system, the video would stop recording. Detectives would like the public to focus in on the mannerisms and distinguishing walk of the suspect. Investigators believe that someone still has information or may recognize the suspect in this case.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the department’s tip line at 972-775-7624. Tipsters may be eligible for a cash reward and can also remain anonymous by contacting Ellis County Crime Stoppers at 972-937-PAYS (7292). Oak Farms Dairy has offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and grand jury indictment of the person or persons responsible.

https://www.facebook.com/Midlothian-Police-Department-195047007358/

If I am understanding this correctly, after reading it for the 1,000th time, sounds like when the camera is activated it records a time. So if nothing activates it nothing is recorded and not time stamped. Sounds like it could be a really up-to-date security camera, which makes sense after the 2013 robbery. A shame there was no alarm. I hope they will be adding an alarm now.

I cannot imagine the sadness at Terri's home this morning. Three little girls getting ready to attend their mom's funeral. Many, many tears, I suspect, for years to come.

Again, this may have already been discussed- if so, just keep scrolling. [emoji4]

MIDLOTHIAN, Texas --Those who were close to Terri "Missy" Bevers, a fitness instructor murdered Monday at a Texas church, say they had grown worried about her in the weeks leading up to her death.
Bevers' mother-in-law, Marsha Tucker, said the victim's husband had worried about her pre-dawn classes.

Mark Garcia, who worked out with Bevers regularly at a nearby gym, said that in recent weeks, the 45-year-old didn't seem like herself.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/family-...exas-church-murder-victim-terri-missy-bevers/

I think it is curious that MB had been, according to her friends and family, has not "been herself" the past few weeks.
My guess is, in the end, this whole thing will play out with a universal theme- Murder over love and/or money. I am certainly not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, rather making a generalized, personal observation.

Been looking for that article - mentioned but not linked in a prior post. Thanks!

Agree with your generalized observation.

Here's a what-if. What if the friend who called was married to one of his friends on the fishing trip? Maybe the couples were friends and the camper called her husband in order to catch BB before they went out and couldn't be contacted?

If the camper that arrived at 4:35 is close friends with Missy & Brandon why did they wait for 25 minutes before entering the bldg? Missy's truck was in plain sight and she was unloading it, so I would think the truck doors were open but the friend/camper doesn't help her unload OR wonder why Missy isn't coming back out to finish unloading equipment. If I saw my friends truck with it's door(s) open for unloading equipment and my friend doesn't come back out over the 25 mins I'm waiting in my car, I would wonder.

Lost my last post and my balance being whisked over to here. Heartbreaking, gut wrenching to hear how devastated Missy's daughters were to hear of their mother's death. Wonder if the killer watched that interview. Killer should feel such remorse and shame, but might be so twisted they feel glee.

Posted by Spanishinquistion

Here's the sister-in-law being interviewed:
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Sla...376629821.html
She was told by Brandon that Missy had been in a "bad wreck."

The attached link isn't working for me and I can't find this interview anywhere. Has it been taken down?

I believe that the LE is holding that out because they are attempting to nail down all key players.
I think this is probably right. IMO, they have part of the story, but are trying to find out if anyone else is involved, and to what extent.

I agree with the cop training, too. I think he is right-handed, but notice in the lobby how he opens and tries to open doors with his left hand. Just like he would be trained if he had a gun drawn in his right dominant hand.

So, are we going to discuss the Navarro College police academy angle (satellite branches in Waxahachie and Midlothian)??

My 13 year old son asked this question right off the bat. Her husband was in the oil business I am sure she did.

Well, not necessarily. Lotsa ppl in TX in the 'oil business' including my father and he did not have a life insurance policy on my mom. :)

I'm new to this thread, I stayed up til 6am reading both threads, so here's my catch on the broken window & jimmy'd door. I think the perp may have been testing to see if there was an alarm system, s/he may have been inside before & noticed the cameras but wasn't sure if they were connected to an alarm system or if there was an alarm system; so throw something at the window it breaks & they waited to see if an alarm sounded. No alarm sounded so they proceeded to jimmy the door open. I believe the door was the actual entry & exit point, the window was just a tester.
I haven't made my mind up yet on motive but I think it would've been quite easy for the perp to run out that side door, get out of their SWAT uniform, drive around the building, probably towards the side where the entrance is, pull up & park right alongside the other camper(s) that were already there; it could've been anytime between 4:35-5:00 & if other campers are like myself, I would've probably been sitting in the car in the dark & blinded to my surroundings due to the bright light of my phone, Idk if I would've noticed what direction a car came from, it's not like i would've known that I needed to be scoping out the other campers cuz something bad just happened. I feel like the perp blended in with campers & watched it all play out.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

I'm still several pages behind on comments but must go do some housework or I'll be on here all day! But I wanted to throw this thought out; my apologies if I'm duplicating someone else's idea since I haven't read all the posts yet.

Anyway, one thing that came to mind is that maybe the person *is* a law enforcement officer of some sort, which would give them the knowledge of how to avoid leaving evidence and what type of gear to use, but then they put together what looks like a thrift store Halloween costume version of a cop outfit to make it look like they're impersonating a cop.

I mean, if you see someone badly impersonating a cop, it's not your first thought that it's actually a cop!

I believe you are spot on and agree. The fact that ATF, Texas Rangers and the FBI are all very much involved is a very telling sign...

I'm glad you brought this up. I was going to mention it in my other post. I had about 3/4's of the thread mad at me because I kept screaming "SHE'S A WOMAN!" Lol. Not many believed me.

She walks similiar to the suspect!

If the camper that arrived at 4:35 is close friends with Missy & Brandon why did they wait for 25 minutes before entering the bldg? Missy's truck was in plain sight and she was unloading it, so I would think the truck doors were open but the friend/camper doesn't help her unload OR wonder why Missy isn't coming back out to finish unloading equipment. If I saw my friends truck with it's door(s) open for unloading equipment and my friend doesn't come back out over the 25 mins I'm waiting in my car, I would wonder.

Even to arrive early share coffee and chat! That's odd. Unless they weren't that close of friends or she had to tend to something in her car first, phone calls, emails and makeup?

The tools belonged to the church? Who knows where their church keeps tools ?

Just re-asking Schmae's question. It's important. I clearly missed any info stating the tools belonged to the church.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double