TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look guys, this is REALLY, REALLY frustrating, the little information that the police have released. We can only speculate, and I don't think some of the speculation is helpful.

If we knew more about the COD, then we could draw more reliable inferences about the crime. (Accident, panic, passion, revenge). For instance, some of you are speculating that it was a gunshot. The only thing the police have said is what? A blow to the head with an unknown instrument? Could a bullet be that instrument? I guess it could. Or it could be the hammer, or a barbell, or a pan from the kitchen. WE DON'T KNOW.

I guess I just want to remind everyone that we can make inferences, but we should try our best not to STACK inferences. KWIM?

Anyway, my two cents.

Bill Carson, I think this is the kind of thing LE was referring to, when they said all the speculation about the cause/origin of the gait wasn't helpful. We've stacked inferences and speculation so much, that we had the perp fashioned into someone that would virtually eliminate every real possibility! When we say things like this is someone with a prosthetic, who used to be a dancer, or whatever - then people stop looking for someone more realistic. Not pointing fingers, because I'm just as guilty with my boot covers and crossbows, but we should really try to be more careful about stacking the inferences to the point no one fits that description.
Thanks for the reminder, Bill.

Looking at Google earth the creek is in back of the church. ( Hence the name Creekside for the church..it took me a while to figure that one out...lol) My thought is this...could the perp have parked at the airport and walked there? JMO

It would be doable. It’s about a 1.7 mile walk. He could probably cut it down to 0.5 mile if he cut across the fields. But walking across fields in the dark in the rain would be difficult. I also think that parking in an airport and walking off sight would look a little suspicious, if a security guard or anybody happened to see him park. Then again, maybe there would be nobody there at that time to see him.

Truthfully it's something about this case. I live in New Mexico not even close to Texas, but I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and for the first time in a long time I was scared. I wonder, for me anyway, if it's not the fact it happened in a church? You kind of think of a church as a safe place. JMO
I live in another state, too, and have been so on edge over this, especially at night. Today, I switched to decaf. I can't imagine how those close to Missy and those in that general area feel.

Maybe someone didn't like their spouse going to the early morning workouts. Maybe they were wondering if that's where they actually went. Were they flirting with that cute guy in class? Or were they hooking up with him elsewhere before work, using the class as an excuse. So they get into a crazy disguise and hide in the church waiting for class time.

Just throwing out another scenario.

This was a revenge killing. The killer snapped at a current event in their life and distorted facts that caused them to act.

Let's re-visit LE's comments to the killer that s/he should seek out someone to talk to....or something along those lines.

They aren't saying, "Turn yourself in" and they aren't saying, "Mark my words, we will get you."

But, rather, it seems sort of a gentle statement that the person will turn to someone about this crime. And that someone should in turn contact the police.

What to make of that?

jmo

I don't rightly know, but I think maybe it might be the police expect the guilty party to confess to someone soon?

I live in another state, too, and have been so on edge over this, especially at night. Today, I switched to decaf. I can't imagine how those close to Missy and those in that general area feel.

Just another day in paradise.

Gang: Remember Missy put up a bit of a fight BUT REMEMBER THIS PEOPLE -------- THE KILLER DID NOT HAVE TIME to slug his victim on & on & on with his big hammer (IMO Only IMO that big hammer is exactly what he used) ! The killer needed to skiddaddle before the class started showing up.

Which is: All the more reason this was a man who was clearly far stronger than Missy could be & he was confident it'd be a cinch to do what he wanted to do to her.

IMO this man had psycho thoughts about Missy & his police Halloween costume was PARTLY that he was into police outfits (would NOT at all be surprised if he dressed up like that at Halloween adult beer parties fyi - motorcyle type IMO) and PARTLY to terrorize in the victim's dying process. AND THIS EXPLAINS WHY local police (I read) said something like "we hope you'll please come forward & seek (mental health) help for yourself, killer !"

Could someone please post the exact video link & approx. time into the tape where the police chief kinda 'talked to the killer' ? tyia !!

Is there a link where police said Missy put up a fight? I must have missed that. I haven't seen anything other than there was head trauma.

Let's re-visit LE's comments to the killer that s/he should seek out someone to talk to....or something along those lines.

They aren't saying, "Turn yourself in" and they aren't saying, "Mark my words, we will get you."

But, rather, it seems sort of a gentle statement that the person will turn to someone about this crime. And that someone should in turn contact the police.

What to make of that?

jmo

Could it be a kid talking to a parent, and the parent(s) should call the police ? jmo

This was a revenge killing. The killer snapped at a current event in their life and distorted facts that caused them to act.

I wish I was as convinced as you. I've been fooled too many times at WS. As soon as I think I've got it all figured out, they arrest some fringe player I never even considered. :) Like the preacher's kid.

Imo. How do we know that she put up a big fight while getting ambushed at 4am inside of a church.

We simply don't know. Especially since she was ambushed by a perp in soldiers /swat ware that was there early and most likely out there to kill her. Jmo.

So maybe LE said she put up a fight to relieve family and friends and fitness participants. But who really knows.

Nobody. Jmo

Well...maybe it's because I was raised in Midlo, but all of the locals here (friends, family) seem to be dealing with it and all town events are still being held without any precautions. I'm sure not so much for Missy's family which is understandable. I just don't feel like this was a random act. And some of us originals still say "small town" even though it's grown from 5,000 population to 20,000 because I guess to us it's still a little used to be boring country town....

Personally, I don't think it was a hammer or a blunt instrument. I think the killer fired a gun to the back of the head & I'll go as far as to say the caliber of gun was the large type that the local LE use. This killer impersonated all the way....or were they really impersonating at all?
If what I wrote above is correct, there will be an extensive ATF & FBI investigation. Oh wait, there already is!!!

All moo & speculation
BNlu
If she had been shot, the murder weapon would not be "unknown". A gunshot would is generally VERY obvious. With blunt force trauma, it's hard to tell exactly what the weapon was. It could be a hammer, a club, a brick, etc.

BNlu
If she had been shot, the murder weapon would not be "unknown". A gunshot would is generally VERY obvious. With blunt force trauma, it's hard to tell exactly what the weapon was. It could be a hammer, a club, a brick, etc.

Door stop, door jam? Is there a fancy word for door stop? I think I saw a foil-covered brick...

Imo. The cops are saying that she put up a fight. But I truly think the cops are over exaggerating this claim. Jmo.

Now I hope she did. But since our dog can sometimes startle us at 3am.

Then she could have been startled as well at 4am by this perp while being quickly attacked. Jmo

So imo. The police are just trying to act like forensic evidence was left behind. Jmo

There's absolutely no way I can keep up with this thread !!

It was asst. sheriff who mentioned LOTS OF BROKEN GLASS WHERE MISSY WAS - the reporters were firing questions at him ! And I couldn't even take the time to watch that whole video !! The sheriff said it in a way that made Missy sound heroic, like she struggled to live (for her kids.... etc.). ALSO IMO this is more evidence in my mind as to how that police dept. knows the man who did this is psycho/deranged in a very sinister 'kinky' psycho way, fetishistic sort.

Zzzz - this case makes me want to sleep in my Halloween costume - simple pillows - pregnant with fullterm twins.

WOW - on the post that YES this is very very wierdszville how immediately people had suspects. If I were to croak I can't imagine anyone talking that was (like MILaw, SILaw sorta....).

This killer is IMO a beer drinkin' psycho - very disturbed man out loose in their area - sorta like that (Omaha?) guy whazhizname serial murderer who lived obscure life married & city dog catcher or something CUZ REMEMBER HE KEPT ALL HIS GEAR AND JUNK OUT IN HIS GARAGE !! This killer is IMO gonna be similar in that this killer has a 'sort of' stash for some junk, not a lot but some junk. (See IMO he really was after this lady - IMO if this guy were TO BECOME a serial killer, Missy was murder one for him IMO IMO.) My gut feels sure the man is a boozer - I see 40'ish beer party sort.

MOO Mo opinion only !!

DEFINITELY I thought about this case b4 Zzzz 'ing last nite.....

If this person targeted Missy then I have one scenario in mind. I am going on the theory that this person's physique and walk is their "normal" and they are a male. Maybe Missy helped a woman through an amazing transformation physically and mentally. She became very confident and got herself out of a bad marriage to "you know who". The husband then blames Missy for his wife's leaving him and seeks revenge.

It would be doable. It’s about a 1.7 mile walk. He could probably cut it down to 0.5 mile if he cut across the fields. But walking across fields in the dark in the rain would be difficult. I also think that parking in an airport and walking off sight would look a little suspicious, if a security guard or anybody happened to see him park. Then again, maybe there would be nobody there at that time to see him.

Well then, maybe he is into fitness too.

Can we share a link to someone's Twitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper