TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, murdered in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a fairly small town in Dallas County and joined CG last month. I'm not sure how their structure works but I can't see how it'd be commission based. I paid one price and could go to ANY location as often as I wanted. There were classes at 4 different locations within a mile of my house, all offered at varying times that didn't conflict with the other locations so if it is commission based, I don't see how they're making any money.

I strongly feel this is some type of passion crime, whether a scorned lover, a lovers paramour/spouse/significant other or her own spouse. If you look at crime stats, you'll see 1) people who commit burglary of habitats don't take that level of planning or concealment 2)if they kill someone in the act, they almost always STILL take things of value 3) a targeted murder typically shows signs of overkill with their faces being attacked/obliterated and 4) they bring their own weapons.

I don't know who the perp is but I believe, as do others, that MPD has a suspect(s) and they are keeping it close their chest to make sure it's airtight and an indictment and conviction are a slam dunk.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Nonetheless it is commissioned based where there is an active class action lawsuit against CG because CG says it's a 'business opportunity' while the trainer suing says it's a job and trainers are misclassified:
http://clubindustry.com/news/camp-g...lass-action-lawsuit-over-alleged-unpaid-wages
This is actually the most detailed description of how they're paid is given, like it turns out they get their pay docked when they give free t-shirts to new members (and if someone brings a friend, they get docked $30) and the median income for trainers is about $3K per month. Something being a crime of a passion and it being related to CG aren't mutually exclusive, like if it was the significant other of the first CG person to say they were the 'owner' of Missy's location where Missy could have been seen as both a romantic and financial threat, especially if there can only be one 'owner' per location but having multiple people feeling they're entitled to be the 'owner' of that revenue stream where Missy worked.

I didn't know about the lawsuit or their pay but when you paint it that way, it certainly can create a motive. Definitely a theory to entertain.

The following link is a complaint, that was filed with the THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS DALLAS DIVISION, Case 3:16-cv-02064-B Document 1 Filed 07/15/16 against CG

I went ahead and deleted everything relevant to the plaintiffs and the general claim. What is left gives us a very thorough overview of the CG career dynamics, the "How it works" in addition to the link provided by our poster Spanishinquisition.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3g3DEap84xwY21Xd0hZUmw2bE0/view?usp=sharing

-Nin

Nonetheless it is commissioned based where there is an active class action lawsuit against CG because CG says it's a 'business opportunity' while the trainer suing says it's a job and trainers are misclassified:
http://clubindustry.com/news/camp-g...lass-action-lawsuit-over-alleged-unpaid-wages
This is actually the most detailed description of how they're paid is given, like it turns out they get their pay docked when they give free t-shirts to new members (and if someone brings a friend, they get docked $30) and the median income for trainers is about $3K per month. Something being a crime of a passion and it being related to CG aren't mutually exclusive, like if it was the significant other of the first CG person to say they were the 'owner' of Missy's location where Missy could have been seen as both a romantic and financial threat, especially if there can only be one 'owner' per location but having multiple people feeling they're entitled to be the 'owner' of that revenue stream where Missy worked.

Thank you for posting the link regarding the lawsuit against CG. I am perusing the article now and the complaint document is quite lengthy (31 pages). As I read, it comes across to me that CG is aggressive in marketing. Some of the requirements to fulfill an internship make me go huh - motive maybe?

Just a snippet....

(b) Watch a sales training video and engage in role-playing exercises with their Regional Directors to practice their sales skills.

(c) Attend at least two marketing events under the supervision of current CG trainers - for example, help to staff a CG tent at a local 5k run event.

(h) Give CG at least 100 e-mails of their friends, family members, or acquaintances, so CG can add them to its e-mail marketing list.

The first requirement on the list (a) makes me think someone who was not able to "be early and stay late" as a requirement to be a CG primary trainer might be jealous of someone who could "be early and stay late." It all sounds quite cliquish.

What if Missy was stealing too many clients from the Local gym.

Wouldn't a business owner get mad if you are poaching clients from their bread and butter.

This would definitely make a good motive.

The following link is a complaint, that was filed with the THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS DALLAS DIVISION, Case 3:16-cv-02064-B Document 1 Filed 07/15/16 against CG

I went ahead and deleted everything relevant to the plaintiffs and the general claim. What is left gives us a very thorough overview of the CG career dynamics, the "How it works" in addition to the link provided by our poster Spanishinquisition.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3g3DEap84xwY21Xd0hZUmw2bE0/view?usp=sharing

-Nin

I quickly read through the first few pages....it sounds exhausting and expensive to start out.

When this was first reported, I thought this killer was a fool that was going to be caught soon. Someone recognizing their walk, clothing or see them leaving the area. Something.

Now. Nothing that we know of. I can't believe how brazen this was and here we are with no arrest.

I've posted theories or thoughts, but I've run out of those and just trying to follow it.

I posted some time ago that by learning of Missy through the details of her horrible murder, her story of taking charge of her body and health inspired me to get more physically fit. It has been 4 months and I am still gong to the gym twice each week and, with the help of a fitness trainer, am seeing remarkable results albeit slowly because I am old. Muscle tone shows in places where there was waste, I am stronger than I was just 4 months ago, I have more stamina, more balance, sleep better, wake earlier and have even lost a few pounds.

I was dragging bags of dog food into the house from the car, now I swing them onto my shoulder and walk them upstairs. Chores are easier, joints are no longer painful.

Thank you Missy, you are still an inspiration and I think of you every day as I sweat, groan and pant doing things I never imagined being able to do.

May your killer receive justice.

I posted some time ago that by learning of Missy through the details of her horrible murder, her story of taking charge of her body and health inspired me to get more physically fit. It has been 4 months and I am still gong to the gym twice each week and, with the help of a fitness trainer, am seeing remarkable results albeit slowly because I am old. Muscle tone shows in places where there was waste, I am stronger than I was just 4 months ago, I have more stamina, more balance, sleep better, wake earlier and have even lost a few pounds.

I was dragging bags of dog food into the house from the car, now I swing them onto my shoulder and walk them upstairs. Chores are easier, joints are no longer painful.

Thank you Missy, you are still an inspiration and I think of you every day as I sweat, groan and pant doing things I never imagined being able to do.

She has inspired me to do the same... Thank you, Missy!

That's awesome!

Hey all, glad we're back and hoping there is justice for Missy soon.

For those wondering if there have been any new warrants released or unsealed in the last few months - no, there haven't been. That is per an Open Records Request to the MPD earlier this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if this has been shared yet: http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/crime/midlothian-pd/337101390

"G.M. Cox, an associate professor at Tarleton State University in Fort Worth and a former police chief in Murphy, has followed the case since the outset and says it is likely the break in the case exists with someone that knew Bevers well.

"There has to be some link between her death and people in her past," Cox said. "This person intended to do exactly what they did – when they did it – and whom they did it to.”

It is typical of "experts" in this case to weigh in with assurances that the attacker was someone Missy knew. In the days following the murder, a female former police chief gave a video interview and said the same thing.

We can speculate as to why biases lead these people to be so sure that Missy knew her victim. But those of us who have followed every evidence trail from the beginning know that it isn't that simple. There are reasons to think she knew her victim; there are reasons also to think she did not. Reasons to think targeted hit; reasons to think untargeted.

My concern is that if it ISN'T someone she knew, it won't matter much who LE brings in as a "fresh set of eyes", if those eyes are seeing through the same pair of biased glasses.

The perp got there a hour early because he wanted to be prepared.

Now they look like they were scoping the place out for the best blitz attack.

Now it seems that even though Missy was going to hold class outside under the awning; The perp still knew that Missy would come inside that church by herself.

So who would know this much?

Especially who would know that a church had inner cameras?

So I doubt CW was involved since he lived far away.

So imo. The perp lives in the community. Or they were hired by someone that has been to that Church before and knew Missys schedule for that day.

Jmo.

Now it seems that even though Missy was going to hold class outside under the awning; The perp still knew that Missy would come inside that church by herself.

So imo. The perp lives in the community. Or they were hired by someone that has been to that Church before and knew Missys schedule for that day.

Jmo.

Do we know for sure the perp was there an hour before? LE stated that the perp was shown on video 1/2 hour before Missy arrived. I still think an admirer who she never really knew killed her.

It is typical of "experts" in this case to weigh in with assurances that the attacker was someone Missy knew. In the days following the murder, a female former police chief gave a video interview and said the same thing.

We can speculate as to why biases lead these people to be so sure that Missy knew her victim. But those of us who have followed every evidence trail from the beginning know that it isn't that simple. There are reasons to think she knew her victim; there are reasons also to think she did not. Reasons to think targeted hit; reasons to think untargeted.

My concern is that if it ISN'T someone she knew, it won't matter much who LE brings in as a "fresh set of eyes", if those eyes are seeing through the same pair of biased glasses.

Bringing in a fresh set of eyes means they have access to the entire case file, which we don't. It means someone who hasn't seen any of the evidence and can view it from a "virgin" role and possibly see things the current detectives may not have seen because they're somewhat biased at this point.

I rarely post on this thread but am always lurking! Anyway, something another poster mentioned a while back has really bothered me.....they were surmising how the perp was able to "draw" or "entice" MB further back into the church in order to stage the attack......they mentioned maybe a recording of a baby crying or similar noise.That really haunts me and I can see how that would encourage a mother to investigate the sound in an otherwise expected-to-be-empty church. It just seems that MB wouldn't otherwise go so far back into the church since she was holding classes under the awning that day.

Do we know for sure the perp was there an hour before? LE stated that the perp was shown on video 1/2 hour before Missy arrived. I still think an admirer who she never really knew killed her.

Same thing. Jmo. And I think it was a 40 minute wait.

It just seems that MB wouldn't otherwise go so far back into the church since she was holding classes under the awning that day.

IIRC she was NOT going to hold the class that day under the awning. Instead, it was going to be somewhere in the interior of the church. The awning was the place they held classes when the weather was nice, and it was rainy and nasty that night.

So the location of the attack can be anywhere from completely planned (aka "where MB usually held an indoor class, and the perp knew it and waited there") to completely random (aka "where the perp, not knowing why MB was there or where she was headed, happened to encounter MB as she went wherever she happened to go that morning") to somewhere in-between.

Jmo.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Your first two sentences make so much sense to me now if you look at the video from the perspective of Swat Perp arriving early to decide where best to attack MB. I believe cameras inside the church were expected. l believe Swat Perp knew the classes would be held inside the church because it had looked at MB's FB page and she had posted something to the effect "even if it was still raining they would still be working out." Swat Perp was familiar enough with CG workouts that it knew MB would definitely be coming into the church in rainy weather.

Makes me believe even more that this was someone close to the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smanworld