TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, murdered in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When this was first reported, I thought this killer was a fool that was going to be caught soon. Someone recognizing their walk, clothing or see them leaving the area. Something.

Now. Nothing that we know of. I can't believe how brazen this was and here we are with no arrest.

I've posted theories or thoughts, but I've run out of those and just trying to follow it.

Someone knows. the police cannot be possibly this confused.

IIRC she was NOT going to hold the class that day under the awning. Instead, it was going to be somewhere in the interior of the church. The awning was the place they held classes when the weather was nice, and it was rainy and nasty that night.

So the location of the attack can be anywhere from completely planned (aka "where MB usually held an indoor class, and the perp knew it and waited there") to completely random (aka "where the perp, not knowing why MB was there or where she was headed, happened to encounter MB as she went wherever she happened to go that morning") to somewhere in-between.

Actually MB had announced the class under the awning due to the poor weather. MB had done a specific post on this, which was one of her last where she says: "5:00am, Creekside Church of Christ, we have cover under the front awning!"
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fitness-...tinues-to-perplex-texas-police-002259586.html

What made the perp so brazen as to think noone would see him leave and think something suspicious, or not come in, or that he could accomplish this so quick, especially without complications without her running out of the building and such? He obviously didnt do this spur of the moment, but im sure he considered the what ifs. What if when he walked around, he was making sure there was no escape route for her or he was making sure he knew where she could run and hide? Shudder. Terrible to think of. Maybe he wore the costume so noone would recognize him (like maybe the class members would recognize him) or so she (in case she survived) andor they wouldnt be able to have a description to give police. So maybe he didnt know there were cameras? He had to have done this before if he was so confident he would be able to get this done in such a short amount of time. He also had to have known her schedule and been following her around to know noone else would be there at the church. Which doesnt mean its someone she knows. I know when my neighbors and is apartments were broken into, it wasnt done by anyone we know, the guy had watched our apartment for days to see when we were both gone.

The perp got there a hour early because he wanted to be prepared.

Now they look like they were scoping the place out for the best blitz attack.

Now it seems that even though Missy was going to hold class outside under the awning; The perp still knew that Missy would come inside that church by herself.

So who would know this much?

Especially who would know that a church had inner cameras?

So I doubt CW was involved since he lived far away.

So imo. The perp lives in the community. Or they were hired by someone that has been to that Church before and knew Missys schedule for that day.

Jmo.

Could also be someone, who came to the blood drive at the church the weekend just prior to the murder. They may have checked out the inside of the church - perhaps they offered refreshments inside the kitchen/ cafeteria? In any way, another option to get somewhat acquainted with the building and perhaps the kitchen/ cafeteria part in particular.

-Nin

What made the perp so brazen as to think noone would see him leave and think something suspicious, or not come in, or that he could accomplish this so quick, especially without complications without her running out of the building and such? He obviously didnt do this spur of the moment, but im sure he considered the what ifs. What if when he walked around, he was making sure there was no escape route for her or he was making sure he knew where she could run and hide? Shudder. Terrible to think of. Maybe he wore the costume so noone would recognize him (like maybe the class members would recognize him) or so she (in case she survived) andor they wouldnt be able to have a description to give police. So maybe he didnt know there were cameras? He had to have done this before if he was so confident he would be able to get this done in such a short amount of time. He also had to have known her schedule and been following her around to know noone else would be there at the church. Which doesnt mean its someone she knows. I know when my neighbors and is apartments were broken into, it wasnt done by anyone we know, the guy had watched our apartment for days to see when we were both gone.

Yes, it does look as if this was a well planned event. Burglary/vandalism or hit, they knew, what they were doing.

-Nin

Why do u think he knew the church had inner cameras?

I believe Swat Perp dressed in the costume for the cameras. If the perp is local and attended the church prior to the murder, s/he knew there were cameras inside the church. Admittedly in the video s/he acts surprised by the dutch door and almost hits himself in the head, but I still think the perp had attended the church prior to MB's murder or at least had eaten there in the past. :moo: :cow:

In this day and age, who would think of going to a public building without the expectation of security cameras?

If they had never been in the church before, they were going there to commit a murder. A crime that one usually covers up his identity for and also not taking any chances on security devices identifying them.

I think they’ve got one person (not ruling out the possibility of an accomplice) that they’rewatching. Just my read on what they’ve recently said. But the fact that they’re now bringing in other agencies to take another look (Great idea, BTW. Bring in several) leads me to believe theyare a ways away yet from anything definitive. That they’re committing as many resources as they are 6 months laterleads me to believe that they are being very thorough. They must be turning over a lot of stones.

This will be a largely circumstantial case,so let’s get as many circumstances to vividly tell the story as we can.

I watchedthe video again. Each time it seems something new strikes you. Here’s what hit me this time: SP doesn’t seem like MB’s type. BB’s a pretty large guy,not at all feminine. CW is a professional fighter. She’s been linkedto FF’s. And here’s SP, smallish overall (5’2 to 5’7). With movements that are feminine (or androgynous) enough that no one can’t confirm its gender. SP was not the object of her affections; orher type. This just doesn’t strike meas a LE or FF or professional trainer. It’s one removed from the relationship with MB. Spouse or hired person. It also has to be one removed because by nowall direct-connects have been thoroughly vetted (I’m assuming).

At varioustimes during the video, I see: A young,late adolescent male (not fully developed). A middle aged person. Early middle age woman, late middle age man. I don’t see an adolescent pulling this thing off. So I’ll mark that one off; maybe I’m wrong. I see a pretty non-descript body shape. The outfit is so effective, there are many(on FB) that still swear its BB in the suit. I don’t know if they are so biased that they’ll see what they want or ifmaybe I’m completely missing something. If it is the B’s, it’s not the innerfamily in the suit. Not saying theydidn’t pay/coerce someone. Regardless. That’s going to makeprosecution more difficult.

And that gait. I don’t think it was very faked. It is pretty consistent and pretty distinct. The ortho I spoke with didn’t think it was faked; and said faking over any length of time and making it look consistentand natural is difficult. Whoever knows this person and sees the video should become immediately suspicious. Another reason SP has to be once removed from MB. Everyone close by has been looked at. But there will be clues. This has been brewing for a while. (the rage and the preparation time). We just need to shake enough bushes.

I strongly agree with your thinking. Often one's first instinct tends to be the correct one. But, we tend lose that initial 'ah ha moment' as time passes and multiple theories and scenarios are pondered. I think they are bringing in other agencies (outside the town and county of MidL) for a reason. Think about it.

And, no way is the gait a fake. There is a second body characteristic that also screams out to me: bad posture. Is one leg shorter than the other just a bit? Maybe. But that would be in addition to (not because of) the perp's unnatural direction of BOTH feet. While walking, p's weight is distinctly applied to one side to support the 'weaker' or 'shorter' leg/side. Or, it 'could' be a bad knee or a bad ankle on 'that' side. The perp's ankles are also very skinny. They aren't in proportion to the 'costume'.

So: perp had to (in just MO) know the town, the LE routes, LE rotations, the inside of the church, the cameras, paths in to the church, paths out, surrounding area, what time M arrived, and how much time he/she would have between M's arrival and her clients' arrival to do what he/she came to do. My guess is that alot of beforehand planning and mapping out - maybe even a test drive of the sequence of events - that went into this 'almost' perfectly pulled-off murder. I also think this was someone who was accustomed (as much as anyone can be) to crime scenes, blood, trauma, rescue, resuscitate (or not) - perhaps even had experience with weapons. ..A lot of perfectly normally looking sociopaths out there, as we all know.

Also, is FF as referenced in the above thread fire fighter?

It seems to me this SP must have also been familiar with CG workouts and timing of arrival of participants in order to leave such a narrow window of opportunity between this crime and arriving campers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Why do u think he knew the church had inner cameras?
The church has posted on their Facebook images of a truck that had stolen items. The images were from a parking lot camera, but one could reasonably deduce they had cameras inside. (I'm going on six month old memories, but their post should still be on FB.)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Actually MB had announced the class under the awning due to the poor weather. MB had done a specific post on this, which was one of her last where she says: "5:00am, Creekside Church of Christ, we have cover under the front awning!"
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fitness-...tinues-to-perplex-texas-police-002259586.html

but in the first press conference, Spann says specifically that the class had been moved inside because of the weather. It's possible that he was incorrect, but that is what he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but in the first press conference, Spann says specifically that the class had been moved inside because of the weather. It's possible that he was incorrect, but that is what he said.

Iirc MB had access to the bathrooms inside COC at each class there and would go in to turn on lights to the bathroom area. Can anyone else recall this being mentioned in past threads?

BBM - an observant sleuther mentioned on one of these threads some time ago that the perp was breaking all the glass on the interior doors and leaving those doors open or closed (can't which remember now and I don't think I can bring myself to view the video again as it seriously creeps me out) in case MB was able to break free and tried to hide from him/her it would be obvious to perp which room MB had run into. Double shudder.

It seems to me this SP must have also been familiar with CG workouts and timing of arrival of participants in order to leave such a narrow window of opportunity between this crime and arriving campers.

Actually, we don't really have a proven cause-effect link there at all. If he wasn't there lying in wait for MB, he also wouldn't have known there were CG participants coming either, nor at what time. In which case, his getting out the door so quickly was because he had just committed a murder and wanted to get away from the scene, not because he was on some sort of preset timetable.

Ok forgive me for this but I had seen the idea somewhere right after MB being murdered.. And after them bringing the dogs in.. This is all JMO But what if SP wasn't there to murder, but to bomb the church? And coming across MB really was a surprise and in there mind they had to murder or else get caught with the bomb? JMO

Ok forgive me for this but I had seen the idea somewhere right after MB being murdered.. And after them bringing the dogs in.. This is all JMO But what if SP wasn't there to murder, but to bomb the church? And coming across MB really was a surprise and in there mind they had to murder or else get caught with the bomb? JMO

It's good to think of other possibilities but I doubt this one. I don't think SP would have been breaking things and leaving evidence of a break in if that was their motive.

It's good to think of other possibilities but I doubt this one. I don't think SP would have been breaking things and leaving evidence of a break in if that was their motive.

But maybe there goal was to have as many police there as possible? If SP didn't know MB would be there then who knows what else they could've had planned but didn't do because they were interrupted? All JMO..

I think MIssy's killer knew there were cameras inside hence the outfit, and also knew the external CCTV wasn't working hence apparently parking their car there. I also think he/she had been inside the church before which would not be unusual even if it wasn't their church. Someone upthread mentioned the blood drive, pretty sure it was the day before MIssy was killed, Sunday 17th.

I think he/she knew Missy in person, it was a love/revenge thang, and they knew from Missy and BB's FB that he was away and she'd be there alone in the dark. I think the person has connections with LE, the fire service, the Cowboy Church, the gym, CampG or possibly even all of the above. Just "Todays Theory by Cags".

But maybe there goal was to have as many police there as possible? If SP didn't know MB would be there then who knows what else they could've had planned but didn't do because they were interrupted? All JMO..

There had to be some reason they brought in the dog. I thought it was that the congregation was nervous or a search for bullets. It is possible there was some other evidence closer to your theory, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj