Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #1 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If his child was out playing with April, then is he possibly a neighbour?

When I hear about Coast Guards searching the river, it makes my stomach churn with anxiety.

ditto

does not look good if he is the guy and april is not with him,hoping she is safe in a caravan or house somewhere.

If his child was out playing with April, then is he possibly a neighbour?

His neighbour said earlier on sky news that he'd recently been kicked out of his house by the landlord for not paying bills and the house was very messy. The neighbour didn't say where he had moved to though

9.03 pm update
Mark Bridger is facing questions from detectives tonight while a vehicle is being examined tonight by forensics teams.

His arrest this afternoon came shortly before April's shellshocked parents Coral, 40, and Paul, 43 had been due to make a public appeal at a press conference.

It is understood details about the arrest meant the couple were too upset to appear before the cameras as had been planned.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-april-jones-live-updates-1355313

Just watched the news again - they keep adding and removing small snippets.

I think MB's GF lived on the same estate as April's family, hence one of the children was playing with her earlier.

The previous neighbour said MB is ex military, kept himself to himself, got thrown out for not paying bills and having a messy house, then took another property which he was also thrown out of because when they went in, it was full of chickens! I'm assuming they were live ones. The wee chicken story was cut from the most recent news.

If he recently lost his job, and is alleged to have broken up with his partner, that gives him a motive if these events are related to the family in some way, I'm not saying they are... purely speculation.

Hoping that she is alive and it's not the worst outcome.

I'm really worried about this little girl. I saw a missing person poster when I was on my way to work in the morning; such a young child missing is not a normal occurrence in this area. Given the geographical features of the area around Machynlleth, I'm even more worried. Please, please, just let her be found safe and soon.

One neighbour said: 'Everyone around here knows Mark Bridger - he's a well-known face in the town.
'He used to work as a lifeguard but not at the leisure centre in the town. It is very worrying the police have [arrested] him but they are still searching for April.
'We've heard tyre marks were found on the river bank at a spot where vehicles don't normally go - especially this time of year.'
Police have announced that a press conference is to take place tonight at 9.30pm where more information will be released and a further appeal for information on April's whereabouts will be made.
Detective Superintendent Reg Bevan of Dyfed Powys Police said officers were 'hopeful' the suspect 'will assist us in locating April' and that the hunt continues 'with the view that April is still alive’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk

They also said they had been asking some people around the estate about MB - most said they knew him, some said he seemed like a nice guy and others said things about him they could not quote on TV.

On a slightly different angle, I don't think a single reporter has managed to pronounce Machynlleth correctly, and certainly none have pronounced it the same way twice.

They also said they had been asking some people around the estate about MB - most said they knew him, some said he seemed like a nice guy and others said things about him they could not quote on TV.

On a slightly different angle, I don't think a single reporter has managed to pronounce Machynlleth correctly, and certainly none have pronounced it the same way twice.

How do you pronounce it? In my head it's mac-in-leth.

Much of it needs pronouncing as though you have a feather stuck in your throat that you are trying to remove while speaking, particularly the ch and the ll.

A snippet from a reader's comment in the Guardian
( quick lesson in welsh....ma as in MArble....the ch is pronounced as in the Scottish loCH (not lock) .......yn as in UNderstand ........there is no equivalent to the ll......e as in Elephant.....)and th as in THought.....)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010/feb/06/lets-move-to-machynlleth-powys

I learned how not to pronounce Welsh words when on the Llangollen canal earlier this year.

It's sort of mah(hard h almost like k at back of throat)an(another of those weird h's a cross between h, k and th)leth. You really have to hear it said by a welsh person. My inlaws are welsh so I got the idea from them lol

Press Conference now on. Investigation continuing....suspect remains in police custody and interviews continuing this evening.

Statement from the family: "Last night our lives were shattered when our beautiful little girl April, who was playing with friends, was taken from us....."

I'm itching to hear whats said at the conference. Hope someone local will comment asap and tell us Americans what is going on! :) <3

Press conference on live April is still missing no more news yet. Praying for April and her family.

I wonder if the suspect was intoxicated somehow and thats why theyre interviewing him tonight,that would allow for the 8hr drying up period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts