UK - (Christopher Halliwell) Rebecca Godden-Edwards, 21, Swindon, 27 Dec 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bit of an update re the soil evidence ( I have snipped the article, it goes into far more detail at the link )

A JURY have been told it is ‘likely’ that soil recovered from items in Christopher Halliwell’s shed came from the field where the remains of Becky Godden were found.

The evidence concerned soil samples taken from a wood handled spade and roll of tape attached to the back of it, a black handled garden fork and a pickaxe blade recovered from Halliwell’s shed along with the silver tape found in the grave.

These were compared to samples taken from Oxo Bottom Field.

"All the soil on the silver tape - 100% - is likely to have come from Oxo Bottom field.

"About 50% of the soil that came from the black tape is likely to have come from the field.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/..._from_Becky_burial_field__murder_trial_hears/

I'm not sure he's doing himself any favours. My first thought was this is why the grave was so shallow, body being just 15cm below the surface.

I have no doubt that even cheap garden spades could dig this sort of hole for an experienced manual groundworker.

It's soil, possibly quite tough and rocky, but I doubt it's through solid limestone.

There could well have been other tools used too, with the spades only used for moving already dug soil.

Halliwell, cross-examining the expert from the dock, asked her whether spades found in his shed would be able to dig a grave in the field.

"I didn't measure the penetration resistance of the soil in that field so I cannot comment on the particular strength of the tools," she replied.

Halliwell told the court: "I can assure you that they are not.
"I have worked on over 200 properties in that area. Those shovels aren't capable of going anywhere close to getting through that field.

"I've seen 36 tonne excavators break their teeth trying to get through that limestone."

http://m.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/ne..._from_Becky_burial_field__murder_trial_hears/

Tom is actually tweeting today !!

Tom Parmenter ‏@TomSkyNews 2h2 hours ago

Back in court in Bristol - Christopher Halliwell representing himself in court having denied the murder of Becky Godden.

DC Martin from Wiltshire police now giving evidence - describing arresting Christopher Halliwell at Long Lartin prison on 18th Feb 2015

Once at Worcester police station CH said he didn't need solicitor "as he wanted to hear what the police had got to say first"

DC Malcolm Gaskill (retired) now giving evidence - he was formerly on the case and involved in Halliwell's video interviews in Worcester

The first police interview in Worcester that Christopher Halliwell took part in is now being read out

From first police interview
Police officer: Are you responsible for Becky Godden's murder?
Christopher Halliwell: No comment

Police interview: anything you want to say about the death of Becky Godden?
Christopher Halliwell: No

Police interview now examining Halliwell's career as a taxi driver in Swindon - Becky Godden's mother and loved ones in court listening

Christopher Halliwell began working as a taxi driver in Swindon on New Years Eve 1998

Police interview now looking at Halliwell's personal life - he married in 1991. Relationship ended 2005 when he moved in with a neighbour

Halliwell had a few "one night stands" during marriage - he didn't remember the names - sometimes they were regular taxi customers

Christopher Halliwell: "I wanted to get it out of my system, I didn't want an affair...occasionally I would use a call girl"

Christopher Halliwell says he probably used call girls "about seven or eight times." Adds: "I never went with the same girl twice."

Police interview continues to be read out - Christopher Halliwell describing his life as a taxi driver - he denies murdering Becky Godden

http://news.sky.com/story/live-christopher-halliwell-on-trial-over-murder-of-becky-godden-10576267

Police interview - did you know Becky Godden? Christopher Haliwell: No...never met her as far as I know

Police: Becky was a prostitute, she worked in Swindon is that how you met her? Halliwell - No comment

Police interview now turning to discovery of Becky Godden's body in a field in Eastleach in Gloucestershire.

Halliwell says he had previously worked on a house refurbishment in that village back in 1996 - went there as a taxi driver approx 6 times

Christopher Halliwell back in the dock after a short break - his police interviews continuing to be read to the jury

Jury now watching Halliwell in first of a number of video interviews he did with police officers after he was arrested

Within the police interview Halliwell offers to strike a plea bargain deal with certain conditions - the video will be replayed after lunch

http://news.sky.com/story/live-christopher-halliwell-on-trial-over-murder-of-becky-godden-10576267

Tom Parmenter ‏@TomSkyNews 24m24 minutes ago

Jury back in court in Bristol as the case against Christopher Halliwell continues...he denies murdering Becky Godden

During a 2015 police interview Halliwell is heard discussing a plea bargain: "Will clearing this up be enough to stop everything else?"

Tom Parmenter ‏@TomSkyNews 3m3 minutes ago

After the discussions about striking a plea deal with detectives Halliwell was joined by a solicitor - every answer was then "no comment"

He may make an opening statement, then he will presumably call witnesses, if he has any.
He will make a closing statement after the prosecution have made theirs.

I was thinking that maybe CH gives written questions for the judge to ask him, but I honestly don't know.

Well tomorrow is certainly going to be interesting, in a very strange way.

Thanks for all the updates Alyce & LB

I've watched the video a few times now and it's like he's haggling over a used car.

Police interview video on this link.

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2016-09-13/halliwell-offered-to-clear-up-becky-godden-case/

I can't believe how calm/matter of fact he is.

Pyschopath ?? http://crime.about.com/od/serial/a/psychopaths.htm

Psychopaths turn into performers when they need to mimic normal human emotions that they have never felt. This holds true when they are faced with failure. When they appear to be humble and own up to their mistakes, their true goal is to be perceived as the martyr or sacrificial lamb willing to accept blame so others do not have to.

If the ploy fails to work and they are blamed, they will emphatically deny any responsibility and, without feeling any shame, turn to lies, manipulation and point their fingers at the "true" culprits. When psychopaths are unable to convince the powers at be that they have not erred, they fume, and obsess over it, often murmuring sarcastic comments under their breath as they plot their revenge.

Definitely a psychopath in my untrained eyes.

I keep thinking Ted Bundy with the decapitation and defending himself. He just needs a prison escape for the hat trick.

I've watched the video a few times now and it's like he's haggling over a used car.

It's unreal isnt it..... talking about wrapping it up and dont come back and hassle me again !! a very chilling mindset

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back