UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's known that there wasn't a check or withdrawal?

If it was a bill, there would be evidence of this (e.g withdrawal, cheque etc).
You wouldn't know when it was posted though, could have been anytime over a few days, depends on how long it took for the cheque to be processed

Maybe, but might still consider it too big a risk, also might think as he didn't actually harm her why get involved, if all he can tell the police is that he had a relationship with her, and if he has had dealings with the police previously may also be even more reluctant to talk to them
You wouldn't know when it was posted though, could have been anytime over a few days, depends on how long it took for the cheque to be processed
i hope that if there are people here closely connected to Claudia and her story, make sure they write things down because memory fades over the years.
What you told the police ,what they told you .Some have retired.
Write things down put pen to paper .

You wouldn't know when it osted though,
i hope that if there are people here closely connected to Claudia and her story, make sure they write things down because memory fades over the years.
What you told the police ,what they told you .Some have retired.
Write things down put pen to paper .
Judging by what the police said they didn't say anything, or anything of use anyway

Good answer but on the other hand if he is innocent he would have shared the’key’ info by now .
No I believe the police wanted dna and fingerprints from those arrested
But haven't you recently complained that you have key info which you have not yet been able to share with relevant people? Maybe it's not that straightforward.
Plus also maybe a wife, kids.

Last edited:
But I get the impression the police are not exactly hunting down that particular piece of evidence. Red herring maybe?

But haven't you recently complained that you have key info which you have not yet been able to share with relevant people? Maybe it's not that straightforward.
Plus also maybe a wife, kids.
I can assure you I have passed on all the info to the Police but I do not know how the police work .I mean do they consult her family when new info comes in ?
Judging by what her parents have said in the past this does not happen very often.In fact they ( parents) often complained they’ve been kept in the dark.

But I get the impression the police are not exactly hunting down that particular piece of evidence. ?

What evidence are you referring to here I ask ?

If you track back a couple of posts, it is there (see above). I am referring to the relative significance of the posted item, as discussed by xcaz's comment in italics. Yes it would be great to know the contents of that envelope but when weighed against other evidence, perhaps it is a side-issue - a distraction from the main case the police have built. I don't believe police are ever able to tie up every loose end in cases; that only happens on tv.

Like you say, how long a cheque would take to process etc, would be a factor, but if any cheque was cashed by someone or a company after 18th March (when Claudia was seen at the postbox), her bank statements would show this and (I would hope) be looked into by the Police regarding their processes. That is why I feel it is unlikely to have been a bill

it could be anything. Simple as a birthday card. But if a letter to end a relationship (Dear John) then would the receiver own up to this.
Would you write a letter to end a relationship? Id meet in person or give them a call.

Letter to someone's wife?! Just a thought
I don't think, she would ever had done this. For what purpose? If it was as always, she wouldn't really have wanted the wife's husband. Rather she would have sent him a letter to force him, to make a decision (only to deliberately cause a problem, probably). MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
@MrsWatson Thats great information but I have never seen it anywhere and how could this be known-Do you have the source?

I was just speculating as to what it could have been. If it was just a bill or a birthday card, pretty meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel