UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was January of the previous year
The article I read was by Eliazbeth Sanderson, The mail on Sunday feature writer dated 14th June 2009. In the interview BH just says I found out about it in the January I presumed it was January 2009 as it didnt mention a year. I stand corrected if wrong PG do you have a note of where it appears saying it was Jan 2008 its the finer details that would help me piece together a more accurate timeline of things unfolding.

Can I ask if any of the members know how many children B&L Horwells had and their ages at the time of Claudias disappearance

The article I read was by Eliazbeth Sanderson, The mail on Sunday feature writer dated 14th June 2009. In the interview BH just says I found out about it in the January I presumed it was January 2009 as it didnt mention a year. I stand corrected if wrong PG do you have a note of where it appears saying it was Jan 2008 its the finer details that would help me piece together a more accurate timeline of things unfolding.
I’m afraid I don’t recall where I read it but thought they were already divorced by 18 March and you know how long divorce takes usually

Yes-Not in any social media and no computer. Made up for it by texting.
Ok. Im just considering her options for meeting men other than clubs bars or work,
I wonder if she placed personal ads with a box number for contact..

She was out all the time in various bars I believe, probably no need for any other ways to meet men, good looking as well, I doubt she was short of offers
Her father did say she had a more adventurous side and and this appears to have continued into her adult life. If she was interested in a particular type of man a personal ad would target that particular type. If she exploring a specific sexual group she would be placing ads in publications aimed at those types.
She was known to use the public phone box which must have been out of choice as she did have a mobile phone. If she had placed an ad under a PO box number she could access the replies to those ads by the public phone choosing to whom she wanted to reply to without giving her personal mble number publicly.
This may explain the two asian men seen at her door, and the man with rucksack on his mble also seen entering her door.
Did she place these ads by letter.. Is the letter she is seen posting a personal ad

Last edited:
I think her father knows all about her personal life, if he didn't pick up on it in the pub then I'm sure the police have told him,her mother on the other hand, being estranged from her dad, I believe knows nothing

Her father did say she had a more adventurous side and and this appears to have continued into her adult life. If she was interested in a particular type of man a personal ad would target that particular type. If she exploring a specific sexual group she would be placing ads in publications aimed at those types.
She was known to use the public phone box which must have been out of choice as she did have a mobile phone. If she had placed an ad under a PO box number she could access the replies to those ads by the public phone choosing to whom she wanted to reply to without giving her personal mble number publicly.
This may explain the two asian men seen at her door, and the man with rucksack on his mble also seen entering her door.
Did she place these ads by letter.. Is the letter she is seen posting a personal ad
I dont recall that it was ever confirmed that she used a phone box.
We have asked Cold Case team to check phone records for the phone box on East Parade where she had walked towards on her last afternoon.
I will report back once an answer is forthcoming.
They don't seem to be in any hurry to check this though-So much lethargy in this case currently.

Where did you see the piece about her using public phones?
I may have missed this.

Claudia lived on her own, her phone was her own private property and so I dont see why any calls that didnt have a criminal element attached couldn't be made by her mobile?

IMO if she did use a public phone box then it was either criminal activity or at the request of the call recipient for annonimity.

I’m afraid I don’t recall where I read it but thought they were already divorced by 18 March and you know how long divorce takes usually
Im sure that you are correct @Popejohn3 as in @moonsafari blog Krystyna talks about her time as barmaid at Nags and how Claudia and Lee had already split as had Lee and Beth. Krystyna left the Nags in 2008 and so Lee and Claudia split in 2008. Did the divorce not happen until 2009? @moonsafari may be able to confirm this?

bbm

Apropos: Body dumped in canal in drugs row

Did this ^^ ever play a role re the investigation?
I believe not. The operation likely to be run out of Nags Head was involved with harder drugs. In addition, the Chinese drug network is normally kept closed down to their gangs and would not involve the types that Claudia and co associated with IMO.

I believe not. The operation likely to be run out of Nags Head was involved with harder drugs. In addition, the Chinese drug network is normally kept closed down to their gangs and would not involve the types that Claudia and co associated with IMO.
Agree about the Chinese, I've known a few, and business wise they are very close knit and keep themselves to themselves

Im sure that you are correct @Popejohn3 as in @moonsafari blog Krystyna talks about her time as barmaid at Nags and how Claudia and Lee had already split as had Lee and Beth. Krystyna left the Nags in 2008 and so Lee and Claudia split in 2008. Did the divorce not happen until 2009? @moonsafari may be able to confirm this?

No idea re: finalising a divorce but it can take ages right? Like I wrote, the affair happened not too long after I started working there. Around mid-late 2007 I think.

I dont recall that it was ever confirmed that she used a phone box.
We have asked Cold Case team to check phone records for the phone box on East Parade where she had walked towards on her last afternoon.
I will report back once an answer is forthcoming.
They don't seem to be in any hurry to check this though-So much lethargy in this case currently.

Where did you see the piece about her using public phones?
I may have missed this.

Claudia lived on her own, her phone was her own private property and so I dont see why any calls that didnt have a criminal element attached couldn't be made by her mobile?

IMO if she did use a public phone box then it was either criminal activity or at the request of the call recipient for annonimity.
And surly there would be a coin operated phone at the NH ?
Even the pub’s phone would be available to her since she was well in with the governor
And she helped in the kitchen there too I believe

No idea re: finalising a divorce but it can take ages right? Like I wrote, the affair happened not too long after I started working there. Around mid-late 2007 I think.
Who took your job when you left the Nags Head? Maybe they saw what happened to Claudia before she vanished.

ACD26E16-06A0-4744-9B0D-016AD09CDBF1.png Any idea why I keep getting this spinning wheel ( this is a screen shot )
Every time I click on alerts on my mobile ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho