Recovered/Located UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn, left a broken down car on motorway, Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh crikey. Yes they've definitely got to proceed with caution, such a delicate situation with two vulnerable people (mum and baby) at the centre. I'll say again fellow WS, if you Google their names then Websleuths comes up. So let's all be mindful what we type; we all want mum and baby safe.

<modsnip - quoted posts were removed for discussing information not in MSM, not confirmed>

Also, re CM's posh accent, if she has one, it's said she is an accomplished actress, in which case a less hoity toity accent not be a problem for her.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Newham and see couples who look like these two every day of the week. It's not as if Constance looks particularly glamorous or posh. She looks dishevelled and "local." There is an age gap between her and her partner but I don't think it's so jarringly apparent that people would take note of it. The only real difference is that her accent is almost certainly posher than his -- but people passing them in the street aren't necessarily going to hear them talk.

His accent is likely to be American, surely?

His accent is likely to be American, surely?

Do we know how long he spent in America? I only saw he moved as a child with his mother and older siblings, <modsnip - info not confirmed by approved sources> He might have only been there a few years.

I totally agree with you. So many seeming contradictions all over this case....I also wonder how the Times would know that CM´s family fortune is being handled by Hoare´s Bank.Who would be giving out such highly private information??? The bank certainly would not, and I highly doubt that CM´s family would be any more forthcoming, and rightly so!!!
It's The Times, so I'd probably just put that down to some solid investigative reporting. Which is a good point actually - they clearly felt this was a story worth investing some resources in.

Also, it's the first article I've seen that explicitly states it was their car on fire (the police never confirmed this and it was a possibility that the fire was a different car) They also confirm that Mark Gordon left Florida in 2010.
<modsnip - info not confirmed by approved sources>

It's The Times, so I'd probably just put that down to some solid investigative reporting. Which is a good point actually - they clearly felt this was a story worth investing some resources in.

Also, it's the first article I've seen that explicitly states it was their car on fire (the police never confirmed this and it was a possibility that the fire was a different car) They also confirm that Mark Gordon left Florida in 2010. <modsnip - not victim friendly - Information has not been confirmed by approved sources>
<modsnip - not victim friendly - Information has not been confirmed by approved sources>

I do find it odd that there’s no other photos emerging of him at all except what looks like an ID. Hopefully the press coverage isn’t counterproductive- more people will be looking out for them, but they’ll be more careful to evade cameras and the public.

The case reminds me of Charlotte Bevan’s. Hope this one has a better outcome.

MOD NOTE:

Multiple posts have been removed or snipped from this thread over the course of a few days. Here are a few of the reasons and general RULE reminders:

Websleuths is a VICTIM FRIENDLY forum. There are three (3) victims in this particular case. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

Sleuthing someone who is not the victim or an official person of interest in this case is not allowed, most especially minor children. DO NOT SLEUTH THIS COUPLE'S CHILDREN. No one needs to know anything about their names, initials, locations or anything else.

STOP INTRODUCING AND DISCUSSING SOCIAL MEDIA RUMORS! If you can not provide a link to an approved source for the information you post as fact, you simply can’t post or discuss it. Review the RULES concerning social media.

ANYTHING you post as a fact MUST include a link to that info in mainstream media (MSM) or a statement by law enforcement (LE). If you can’t link it, DON’T post it.

If you are close to this case and have inside info you would like to share here, you MUST APPLY and be APPROVED as a VERIFIED INSIDER.

Use the Report feature to contact a staff member if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Just some perspective as this case has got my attention quite a bit.

I have a 8 week old daughter and there is no chance in hell these guys are sleeping rough anywhere in the UK in any of this weather. General rule of thumb is room temp needs to be between 16 and 20 degrees for newborns, so they have to be either in the worst hostles in London or somebody has a place for them to stay. Not to mention that IF she is breast feeding thats not the easiest of tasks sat at home in a chair sometimes letalone out on the streets, then factoring in forumla if she isnt, nappies, and just a general unpredicatability with a new born child. This baby would not be comfy whatsoever being carried 24/7 anywhere. They do sleep but when they are awake you'll know about it!

Other thoughts that I cant work out - How/Why are police not following CCTV to the next possible cameras? I mean, I guess they may have done this and are refusing to release any more footage but if you're at a port on a camera there will be another form of CCTV in that viscinty. The same with being spotted in London. Both of those cameras look like they record motion and not just still images too. I know people have said they could be tracked by bank transactions but I am totally amazed that their location hasnt been tracked just by CCTV alone.

There are plenty of bed sit type places in London that Wouldn't require the usual checks. They wouldn't be very nice but they would be a place with a roof.

I don't think buying baby things would raise any eyes either. I could easily walk into any John Lewis and pick up the big bits needed. Although at this age a pram wouldn't be too vital as she could baby wear. The smaller bits can be grabbed at any Boots.
Yes, I’m based just outside London and a mum myself so I’m also familiar with our various shops and where you and I could pick up supplies easily. But, I think anyone walking into a John Lewis with a baby wrapped in a swaddling blanket (which may be a little worse for wear at this point) would very much stand out from the crowd in there. Also, large items are usually sent to the pick up point for you, which means waiting. I don’t see a JL being a potential target store. When you start breaking it down like that, it’s not so easy IMO.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of they may not have had the funds to buy baby items, and that in itself would draw attention to them potentially. I always notice someone carrying a tiny baby in arms, remembering health visitor warnings about being careful not to fall and so on. I imagine mum and baby are inside somewhere though (I hope they are). A lone male would be able to blend in a lot more easily, so he’ll most likely be out in public.

JMO

@DetectiveLawless

quote:
Other thoughts that I cant work out - How/Why are police not following CCTV to the next possible cameras? I mean, I guess they may have done this and are refusing to release any more footage but if you're at a port on a camera there will be another form of CCTV in that viscinty. The same with being spotted in London. Both of those cameras look like they record motion and not just still images too. I know people have said they could be tracked by bank transactions but I am totally amazed that their location hasnt been tracked just by CCTV alone.

Easier said than done. Might be picked up on one camera, but then lost as numerous turn offs, or the time delays lose track, or they simply go out of range of any camera at all, hence why so often in cases police ask for doorbell and vehicle webcam footage.

It also says in the most recent articles that they didnt really leave the house on coldharbour estate (which i know really well) and that the neighbours say they rarely came out or in garden, just hearing shouting inside sometimes. Seems like MG was at home all day while CM did ‘odd jobs’ whatever that means why would she be out doing odd jobs if she has access to considerable money? <modsnip> that house was also smashed up and had burn marks in it & they were evicted for non payment of rent…all sounds very unhealthy to me whatever they were doing in there…also maybe she only has a certain amount of trust fund money a month and was odd jobbing to make ends meet until the next payout..anyhow why wasnt MG out working as well? <modsnip - not victim friendly> CM’s life dosnt sound very nice atm…All my opinion

I can’t access the article where it says they lived on coldharbour estate but is that the one in eltham/SE9 or a different one?

Fine, but I figured, especially at Harwich port there would be multiple camera angles to be picked up on and their security team alone would be able to search this just as much as the police.

Yes, I’m based just outside London and a mum myself so I’m also familiar with our various shops and where you and I could pick up supplies easily. But, I think anyone walking into a John Lewis with a baby wrapped in a swaddling blanket (which may be a little worse for wear at this point) would very much stand out from the crowd in there. Also, large items are usually sent to the pick up point for you, which means waiting. I don’t see a JL being a potential target store. When you start breaking it down like that, it’s not so easy IMO.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of they may not have had the funds to buy baby items, and that in itself would draw attention to them potentially. I always notice someone carrying a tiny baby in arms, remembering health visitor warnings about being careful not to fall and so on. I imagine mum and baby are inside somewhere though (I hope they are). A lone male would be able to blend in a lot more easily, so he’ll most likely be out in public.

JMO

IMO either of them without the baby wouldn’t be noticeable. He’s average height and weight and not particularly distinctive, and she probably doesn’t look like her photos from years ago either. It’s just together and with the baby that’s noticeable. I expect she’s ditched the coat and scarf already.

JMO
I respectively disagree. I can think of a number of stores in London where I could go to and get new baby products with ease. I used John Lewis as an example as I purchased items there myself at the one in Oxford Street (I presume it's still there but admittedly this was with my first a few years back). There's also the possibility of buying second hand on marketplace.

Chances are the baby is in a sling rather than just wrapped in a blanket. It wouldn't be particularly comfortable carrying a baby in your arms for that long. Looking at the CCTV footage, it does appear that CM must be wearing the baby.

They also had (presumably) nine months to prepare for a baby to arrive. They quite possibly have some supplies already (at the very least change of clothes) and if not could easily purchase some of the smaller interns needed. The police have suggested they have funds to stay on the run so there doesn't seem to be any reason to think they don't have access to money. Admittedly they may not but all we can really go on is what the police said.

IMO either of them without the baby wouldn’t be noticeable. He’s average height and weight and not particularly distinctive, and she probably doesn’t look like her photos from years ago either. It’s just together and with the baby that’s noticeable. I expect she’s ditched the coat and scarf already.
I agree and to be honest I'm not sure CM with the baby would be rush noticeable. If I saw a mum with a baby I wouldn't think anything odd. I don't think that many people are aware of this case and would notice it was CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarratrixofNightmares