UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK that's a theory, but no witnesses to him walking up to the point of hitching a lift?

No communication to anyone saying "I'm in a lorry" etc.

All we know for certain is that his phone was within 5km of the BM mast at 0450.

Maybe he was purposely heading to bm, hitched a lift with a foreign lorry driver who has not been back in the area since and may even have gone back abroad and knows nothing of Corrie's disappearance, hence not coming forward? He hops out at/near bm, gets lost, accident happens, yet to be found

Don't get bogged down in this, landfill isn't the correct term but it is the used term. One of a few confusing generics.

Regardless of the terminology used, is it possible to search this still or is it compressed in such a way that nothing would be gained from it?

The issue I have with the 'he left on foot' argument is that the family are experienced law enforcement offices and they seem very convinced with all the knowledge they have that he couldn't evade all CCTV. If this isn't true then any detail we know could be too. In which case, what are all these updates, media appearances etc trying to achieve?

Not sure I fully understand this point, can you elaborate?
The bin lorry timings/movements are the only ones known that match with the phone. It would be a coincidence. Perhaps too much of a coincidence, so the best guess is that the phone travelled with the bin lorry.
If the phone was binned there is then another coincidence that the only bin collected was that one. Perhaps too much of a coincidence, so the best guess is that it wasn't binned and collected.
So if the phone travelled in the lorry but not through bin collection what else could explain it? Difficult because the lorry has been checked, the driver eliminated and we are told Corrie was not in the lorry. The one concern is that there was quite a time gap before all of this happened.

OK that's a theory, but no witnesses to him walking up to the point of hitching a lift?

All we know for certain is that his phone was within 5km of the BM mast at 0450.

Early hours of the morning...Not many people around...Or witnesses may have come forward but the public haven't been given that info.
Take the kayleigh Haywood case...Lot of witnesses heard and saw her yet until the court case the public didn't get to hear about any of them.

Also, he often went off at the end of the night without his mates so I can't see why he'd ring them to say he was in a lorry...He took risks do he probably didn't consider it a bad thing to do

I think it was released back and this was N's upset.

N is a family liaison officer and while in sure is very knowledgeable, is unlikely to be skilled in CCTV avoidance etc.
TW clearly a bright guy, experienced etc but the D Notice thing concerns me.

Regardless of the terminology used, is it possible to search this still or is it compressed in such a way that nothing would be gained from it?

The issue I have with the 'he left on foot' argument is that the family are experienced law enforcement offices and they seem very convinced with all the knowledge they have that he couldn't evade all CCTV. If this isn't true then any detail we know could be too. In which case, what are all these updates, media appearances etc trying to achieve?

These are not overly relevant as they sit inside a radius of 5km from HS...

But what if the last BSE ping was from the mast NW of Fornham All Saints? Also we don't know that all masts have 5km range do we? What if some have 10, 20 etc?

All I'm trying to say here is there is a lot of detail we don't know and trying to work things out with 1% of the data is a hiding to nothing!

Edit: NE of course...

I mean why didn't he contact whoever he was meeting at BM "I'll be there sooner".

Also, he often went off at the end of the night without his mates so I can't see why he'd ring them to say he was in a lorry...He took risks do he probably didn't consider it a bad thing to do

I actually think his spontaneous attitude to life supports awol

Whatever he was like in his social life, the RAF see him as reliable enough to be given an extra duty as a medic and to have very quickly reported his disappearance to the police. The military aren't classing it as AWOL.

Lolabear - don't you think there are unique aspects to this CM case that are reflected in the characteristics of the the thread(s) here on WS.

In comparison to other cases/topics here at WS.

I really do understand your frustrations but people spending hrs nailing/attempting to nail a particular theory or a diverse speculation on minutiae is in itself , very WS.

We do agree there, I just think there is an element of subterfuge in respect of encouraging the public to believe a certain narrative about the phone pings etc. I'm not saying I'm right, but the holes are significant enough for it to be considered tentative, not fact.

But what if the last BSE ping was from the mast NW of Fornham All Saints? Also we don't know that all masts have 5km range do we? What if some have 10, 20 etc?

All I'm trying to say here is there is a lot of detail we don't know and trying to work things out with 1% of the data is a hiding to nothing!

Nothing would be gained. The phone would be destroyed.

Lolabear - don't you think there are unique aspects to this CM case that are reflected in the characteristics of the the thread(s) here on WS.

In comparison to other cases/topics here at WS.

I really do understand your frustrations but people spending hrs nailing/attempting to nail a particular theory or a diverse speculation on minutiae is in itself , very WS.

Oh certainly, I agree. It's just ive followed this case on here from the start and things keep getting repeated and repeated.
I wish some new evidence would come to light so we can really get going again as I think everything else has been exhausted!

We don't know that there wouldn't be 'some attention seeking aspect to it', as Corrie loves to perform and loves the attention from performance, is very comfortable performing, from the videos I have watched on You Tube, and his conducting the band, his singing in the pub, the night he went missing and the video his mum released on New Year's Eve, the life he had in the RAF may have been contradictory to the life he wished for deep down. I have said previously that I wondered why he hadn't pursued a career in the creative industries. If he is missing by choice, it may not have been planned, it may have just happened and escalated. As you correctly say the same thing can make us think so differently and it just made me think when you said re the attention seeking aspect. JMO
His SC told him he should be on the stage when he saw him conducting the band. Perhaps he's run off to the circus like Captain Troy in Far from the madding crowd ( or the modern equivalent). I hope so because I think he would be happy. JMO.

His SC told him he should be on the stage when he saw him conducting the band. Perhaps he's run off to the circus like Captain Troy in Far from the madding crowd ( or the modern equivalent). I hope so because I think he would be happy. JMO.
Would be a good outcome. I agree! Thanks re the SC, and he is right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm