UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to go with the times LE gave originally as they would know from the phone pings and they also said the phone left the BSE at 4.19am. They have never said that the phone had to have been in the bin lorry, only that it loosely correlates to the time it took to get from BSE to BM and on the same or similar route afaik.

As for the BM sighting, on just about all the latest reports, LE say that the man said it was 4am and the phone was still in BSE at that time, but the man now says it was 4.30am. It sounds like there has been some confusion between LE and the man's and/or his wife's call.

It is my understanding that any sighting does not become a confirmed sighting unless two or more people saw the same thing at or near the same location at a similar time. At that time of night, there wouldn't have been that many people around, I wouldn't have thought. I wonder how many other sightings there have been that have been discounted. MM said there had been many, and it is clear that the sightings we do know about, have been looked into and areas searched. Without some evidence that C has been in a certain place, even though some person thinks they may have seen him, doesn't say one way or the other whether he was there or not.

04.19 is pretty close to bin lorry at 04.20 imo. The problem is that LE said the phone travelled to BM in 28 minutes so 04.19 + 28 = 04.47 a.m. which is later than the sighting at 04.30 or 04.00 and later than LE's original 04.30 to 08.00 a.m. statement and I have never understood why the phone details given later differ.
A confirmed sighting is a sighting confirmed by another event .e.g. another sighting, cctv, card purchase or phone call, text or ping etc as I understand. Based on that, no sightings have actually been confirmed but this one is close IMO as it is only minutes out from matching the phone.

It's also not clear that the bin lorry left BSE straight after the HS pick-up. NU has said recently that it went on to do more collections in BSE before leaving the town.

It's also not clear that the bin lorry left BSE straight after the HS pick-up. NU has said recently that it went on to do more collections in BSE before leaving the town.

So if the bin lorry left the horseshoe at 4.19 am (?) but continued around BSE before leaving, how can this link to C's phone pinging the BM mast at 4.30 am so possibly being in the bin lorry, which in turn has raised the possiblity/probability C is in the landfill ?
Have I misunderstood something because I don't see how these times tally at all. I admit that I haven't found the maps of the ping areas from earlier threads, maybe the explanation is there?

"“Our investigation continues and currently remains focused on the search at Milton landfill site after the weight of a refuse bin taken from Bury St Edmunds was found to be significantly higher than first thought.” The landfill site search resumed today after a break for the weekend."

So are they saying that the bin weight is their main evidence? Really?

Does anyone have a link to anything detailing the previous weights of that bin. All I can fin is hearsay. I'm not convinced the bin weight (for non recyclable rubbish as it's now believed to be) is that unusual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that is just plain wrong. How could the phone/ bin possibly have left later than 04.20. NU has it wrong again - maybe pick ups before the H/s IMO.

I think that is just plain wrong. How could the phone/ bin possibly have left later than 04.20. NU has it wrong again - maybe pick ups before the H/s IMO.

I don't regard her as a reliable source, no.

04.19 is pretty close to bin lorry at 04.20 imo. The problem is that LE said the phone travelled to BM in 28 minutes so 04.19 + 28 = 04.47 a.m. which is later than the sighting at 04.30 or 04.00 and later than LE's original 04.30 to 08.00 a.m. statement and I have never understood why the phone details given later differ.
A confirmed sighting is a sighting confirmed by another event .e.g. another sighting, cctv, card purchase or phone call, text or ping etc as I understand. Based on that, no sightings have actually been confirmed but this one is close IMO as it is only minutes out from matching the phone.
Sorry, I missed out the word 'mast' for the 0419 time. That was the time LE said the phone went off the BSE mast, which can only mean it was already on its way to BM as it then picked up that mast, though there may have been a gap in signal somewhere. The bin lorry hadn't got to the HS at that time, but did a minute later. When it comes to the times, the ones such as 0419, I think, are more believable because they are not neatly rounded to the nearest 5 minutes. Just like a vehicle left at 04.14. Thinking about those two times, now I've put them together, I wonder if they do in fact, go together. Vehicle leaves 4.14 and phone goes off mast 5 minutes later. Five minutes driving at that time of night with no traffic could be enough distance for it to go off that mast IMO. That would reduce your time of arrival by 5 minutes to 04.42, which is nearer to the 04.30 sighting.

Sorry, I missed out the word 'mast' for the 0419 time. That was the time LE said the phone went off the BSE mast, which can only mean it was already on its way to BM as it then picked up that mast, though there may have been a gap in signal somewhere. The bin lorry hadn't got to the HS at that time, but did a minute later. When it comes to the times, the ones such as 0419, I think, are more believable because they are not neatly rounded to the nearest 5 minutes. Just like a vehicle left at 04.14. Thinking about those two times, now I've put them together, I wonder if they do in fact, go together. Vehicle leaves 4.14 and phone goes off mast 5 minutes later. Five minutes driving at that time of night with no traffic could be enough distance for it to go off that mast IMO. That would reduce your time of arrival by 5 minutes to 04.42, which is nearer to the 04.30 sighting.
You would only need to go approx 3 miles to be off the mast. At 30 mph speed limit that would take 6 mins. Then 12 minutes approx till the BM mast connection could be 4.19 + 12 = 4.31 at BM mast perimeter. Getting closer to 04.30.....

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...eague-landfill-search-cambridgeshire-13117384

I just don't get any of this landfill thing, even the local paper is saying half way in to the search, IMO the sun was wrong obviously wrong, so now the local rag has followed , or do the press know something we don't , I doubt it,

This article is saying the rubbish tip is in Barton Mills now. What are they on about. The half way thru thing is because they originally had approx 8 metres deep by 920 sq metres so nearly 8000 cubic metres or tonnes. If they have raked 4000 tons that would be approx half a cell in that case. They probably won't search all the other half IMO.

I don't think we understand anything.

If there was any foul play involved (from his lifestyle) all they'd have is the bin weight

You would only need to go approx 3 miles to be off the mast. At 30 mph speed limit that would take 6 mins. Then 12 minutes approx till the BM mast connection could be 4.19 + 12 = 4.31 at BM mast perimeter. Getting closer to 04.30.....
They did say around 4.30am in the BM area iirc, so what you've said could explain that time as well as fitting nicely with the 4.14 and 4.19 times and of the sighting.

Google maps, from SB to BM roundabout gives a time of 23 minutes to get there, but take it further to Sainsburys at Mildenhall it's 28 minutes, though because the mast at BM roundabout is tri-directional, it may not cover Mildenhall. Also, going back to something we have discussed before, though I am not sure if it was BSE or near BM, C was invited to a party near a golf course. If it was the one near BM, that also would take 28 minutes and it would still be on the BM mast. LE did say that the phone did not move after that and stayed on the BM mast until 8am when the battery went or was turned off. This was just something I was playing around with and remembered the party.

They did say around 4.30am in the BM area iirc, so what you've said could explain that time as well as fitting nicely with the 4.14 and 4.19 times and of the sighting.

Google maps, from SB to BM roundabout gives a time of 23 minutes to get there, but take it further to Sainsburys at Mildenhall it's 28 minutes, though because the mast at BM roundabout is tri-directional, it may not cover Mildenhall. Also, going back to something we have discussed before, though I am not sure if it was BSE or near BM, C was invited to a party near a golf course. If it was the one near BM, that also would take 28 minutes and it would still be on the BM mast. LE did say that the phone did not move after that and stayed on the BM mast until 8am when the battery went or was turned off. This was just something I was playing around with and remembered the party.
Nothing much has been said about this but if he was heading for somewhere near Mildenhall, would the sighting make sense? E.g. would his crossing to the Esso garage in the way described be towards the Mildenhall or Beck Row direction ?

Also, going back to something we have discussed before, though I am not sure if it was BSE or near BM, C was invited to a party near a golf course. If it was the one near BM, that also would take 28 minutes and it would still be on the BM mast.

No, from memory of much earlier discussions and reports, the party was being hosted near Bury St Edmunds Golf Club by a married military couple in a house north of the A14, probably off Tollgate Lane. ISTR the couple were Americans and for obvious reasons no specific address has ever been given.

I don't think we understand anything.

If there was any foul play involved (from his lifestyle) all they'd have is the bin weight

Hi all, been a while and catching up on latest, confused as ever.

If Corrie wasn't in the bin, what (or who) was?

Just rubbish, I expect.

I feel the same.
Would really like to know if the weight was only for horseshoe pick up or could it have been at a weighbridge for the whole waste contained in that lorry?
Just wondered since the info. is that Greggs paid by collection not by weight so the weight for that collection was irrelevant to Biffa?
Round and round and round we go ....... :gaah:

I feel the same.
Would really like to know if the weight was only for horseshoe pick up or could it have been at a weighbridge for the whole waste contained in that lorry?
Just wondered since the info. is that Greggs paid by collection not by weight so the weight for that collection was irrelevant to Biffa?
Round and round and round we go ....... :gaah:

It's the weight of the contents of the individual bin:

'...analysis of system inside the lorry which calculates the weight of its load shows it was carrying something that significantly raised the weight.'

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...eld-Corrie-McKeague-hunt-faces-no-action.html

I haven't seen a weighbridge mentioned in any reports, just variations on the above about the weight from the bin.

I can't believe we've almost come full circle on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member