UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-41802293

This link explains why they searched Red Lodge - because of the possibility he could have escaped the bin lorry . NU also wants a site in BSE searched in case of this possibility. Therefore, there must be some suspicion he could have exited the lorry somehow. To me this means that could thus have possibly happened anywhere between BSE and BM. He could have hitched to BM and have been seen by the delivery driver after all, with his phone remaining in the bin lorry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-41802293

This link explains why they searched Red Lodge - because of the possibility he could have escaped the bin lorry . NU also wants a site in BSE searched in case of this possibility. Therefore, there must be some suspicion he could have exited the lorry somehow. To me this means that could thus have possibly happened anywhere between BSE and BM. He could have hitched to BM and have been seen by the delivery driver after all, with his phone remaining in the bin lorry.

IMO Red Lodge would be an obvious place to search, being the waste transfer station, as the back of the lorry would be opened. The lorry has made at least one stop (not clear how many in BSE, but there was also Mildenhall), so I don't see why it would be driving with the rear open that C could get out at a natural stop such as a road junction or roundabout.

IMO Red Lodge would be an obvious place to search, being the waste transfer station, as the back of the lorry would be opened. The lorry has made at least one stop (not clear how many in BSE, but there was also Mildenhall), so I don't see why it would be driving with the rear open that C could get out at a natural stop such as a road junction or roundabout.
Well they seemed to think he could have been crawling around Red Lodge after several pick ups elsewhere. I think it's much more likely he got out earlier uninjured in BSE before the compactor was employed IMO. And we have the sightings at BM and Brandon also. There were no sightings at Red Lodge.

I am also wondering if the bin lorry BSE stop was the waste depot and truck stop at Rougham Hill.

I've just been looking at aerial pics of Red Lodge, it looks very basic but the pics are quite old. Does anyone know if it's a new facility, I had imagined something a bit more efficient looking and shiny!

Also, there is a fairly large truck stop very nearby (bang opposite the Red Lodge pub, which is very red and offers a free shower with every meal), could C have stumbled there?

Well they seemed to think he could have been crawling around Red Lodge after several pick ups elsewhere. I think it's much more likely he got out earlier uninjured in BSE before the compactor was employed IMO. And we have the sightings at BM and Brandon also. There were no sightings at Red Lodge.

I am also wondering if the bin lorry BSE stop was the waste depot and truck stop at Rougham Hill.

The waste depot at Rougham Hill is a household recycling centre. It's open during the day to the public, mostly massive containers for waste; no reason for a bin lorry to go there at any time, let alone early hours of the morning.

The waste depot at Rougham Hill is a household recycling centre. It's open during the day to the public, mostly massive containers for waste; no reason for a bin lorry to go there at any time, let alone early hours of the morning.
Its a truck stop too. Plus it could have had a pick up there. I have a memory that it was searched at the beginning. Isn't it on the A14 too?

I find this situation more likely but I still find it hard to fathom that he wouldn't have woken up/been alerted by all the noise a bin lorry makes before he was carried off in one.

I know anything is possible and the police have followed this line of inquiry but still something is weird about the whole thing such as the confusion of which bin he was in/which cell he could possibly be in not to mention the arrest that took place.

I wonder if he caught a lift with the bin van driver. Something happened and Corrie got out near the roundabout or Corrie asked to be dropped off there. Probably still outlandish but this is such a strange case

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This has been suggested but driver has never admitted anything.

I agree, I think he could have got out of the lorry (minus his phone) somewhere near Fiveways.

Just to be absolutely clear, does this mean you believe he got a lift from the driver and was in the cab, or do you think he was in the back of the lorry and somehow got out?

This has been going on for so long now I can no longer remember what people's views were.

Just to be absolutely clear, does this mean you believe he got a lift from the driver and was in the cab, or do you think he was in the back of the lorry and somehow got out?

This has been going on for so long now I can no longer remember what people's views were.

I mainly mean I think he could have escaped from the back of the truck, but who knows!!

I’m still not convinced the bin lorry is relevant. In the July 21st Suffolk police update, they say the bin lorry made several other collections in bse, then made collections in Mildenhall, Newmarket, Soham and Ely. All those collections on top of Corrie/ his phone and they still think his phone had reception. Just doesn’t seem right to me.

I’m still not convinced the bin lorry is relevant. In the July 21st Suffolk police update, they say the bin lorry made several other collections in bse, then made collections in Mildenhall, Newmarket, Soham and Ely. All those collections on top of Corrie/ his phone and they still think his phone had reception. Just doesn’t seem right to me.

I agree. There's still too much that doesn't add up or make sense.

1. If the bin lorry driver did give Corrie a lift to the Five Ways Roundabout area, a year has now passed and the driver has not crumbled under police attention and owned up. And no DNA or other forensic evidence was found in the cab to suggest Corrie had ever been there. And there's still no explanation of where Corrie could have gone and no sightings of him since.

2. Corrie's phone seems to have been static in the area covered by the Five Ways Roundabout mobile phone mast from around 4.30am until it died or was destroyed around 8.30am. If the lorry travelled to those named towns subsequent to the pick ups in BSE, it could not at the same time have remained in the FWR mast area for hours even with a few pick ups to do in and around Mildenhall. Even if the phone was ultimately destroyed by the compacting mechanism at 8.30am, that should have happened well outside the FWR mast area because that is where the lorry would have been by then.

3. I don't believe that Corrie could have got out of the hopper on the lorry at any point during its journey because the hopper is closed when rubbish is not actively being put in or taken out precisely to stop drunks and kids getting themselves killed. Each pick up would have meant more rubbish being loaded and compacted between Corrie and the opening of the hopper, so each pick up would have made it harder for him to get out anyway. If he was in the hopper he would have been crushed or suffocated PDQ.

So still nothing makes sense.

No news because he’s not in the landfill. How much longer does it have to go on for? Perhaps we should do another poll, but we don’t have any evidence of anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been wondering that... how long do they go on before LE admit they were wrong?

But if he's not in landfill, where is he?!?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've been wondering that... how long do they go on before LE admit they were wrong?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Goodness knows! This must be the most frustrating case ever. I remain convinced he must have come to an unfortunate end on his way back to base - fallen in water or maybe hit his head - and no-one has come across his body yet. I just don't know what else it can be...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm not clear as to whether the police really think he's in the landfill, or whether they are following the most [only] realistic course of investigation based on the [massively conflicting] evidence in this case because there's nothing else they can do and they want to head off any form of action or criticism from the family.

Personally I would want them to finish this current search and then simply stop until and unless there are any genuine new leads in the case. This has absorbed the limited resources of one of the UK's smallest police forces for long enough. SP are there to serve all of the people of Suffolk, not just one young man who almost certainly came to grief due to his own irresponsibility.

Increasingly I suspect we will never know, especially if his remains are no longer actually recoverable for whatever reason.

I'm not clear as to whether the police really think he's in the landfill, or whether they are following the most [only] realistic course of investigation based on the [massively conflicting] evidence in this case because there's nothing else they can do and they want to head off any form of action or criticism from the family.

Personally I would want them to finish this current search and then simply stop until and unless there are any genuine new leads in the case. This has absorbed the limited resources of one of the UK's smallest police forces for long enough. SP are there to serve all of the people of Suffolk, not just one young man who almost certainly came to grief due to his own irresponsibility.

Increasingly I suspect we will never know, especially if his remains are no longer actually recoverable for whatever reason.

You are entirely correct, SP has spent a lot of money on this case and as unpleasant as it may sound his irresponbibility does seem to be a relevant factor. He certainly seemed to maintain a risky lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member