UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lads business was his business and nobody else's, I can only assume that all messages were checked before they were deleted, or at least I truly hope they were. I am quite shocked at them deleting the material though to save face and "embarrassment" I doubt anyone cares since there was a much bigger picture here.

I think its safe to say now that he could have easily hooked up with a guy that night (and I say this because I find it less believable that hes come to harm at the hands of a girl) and something may have happened. Maybe a previous hook up lives in that residential area.

The lads business was his business and nobody else's,

In principle I agree, but:

1. His private life was very public indeed; and
2. At the time the material was deleted it was not at all clear whether it amounted to possible evidence.

The reality is that Nicola, a serving police officer, deleted material that could have been evidence.

I would hope that Suffolk police were given the chance to examine the social media material before it was deleted, but from memory it disappeared almost as soon as it was flagged up on Reddit.

I'm watching today's BBC2 interview on cacth up and getting increasingly annoyed with N

Her continued way of imo unclear speaking and changing of "facts" with no apology or look of shame isn't endearing me to her at all.

It's nonesense to say that SP can confirm that C didn't know for a fact that A was pregnant - they only have A's word for what she did or didn't say to him and the police shouldn't be categorically saying someone is telling the truth when they simply don't know that.

And just because medical records don't record that someone is depressed it doesn't mean they aren't

JMO

Just before the medical records bit, N said C wasn't depressed or on anti-depressants, "he had resumed back to work full-time".

So if he had 'resumed' full-time work, tbere was a point where he was not working full-time and why was that?!?

So basically the war between Nicola and Martin is because оf Corrie was gay and all this fuss is because of that?

I know it’s frustrating that bits of the story keep changing, but honestly I think its part of the reason we are all still interested in this missing person case. How many young guys like Corrie have gone missing since that haven’t had nearly as much interest.
Realistically none of it changes the big questions. Where is Corrie now? and How did he get out of the horseshoe?

I also saw the Victoria Derbyshire show just now on catch up. It's worth a watch IMO.

Nicola seems to believe that depression has to be caused by bad life circumstances, and whilst of course we all know it can, most of us are also fully aware that people who outwardly have no serious problems in their life can also be dealing with intense depression. Depression that exists for no 'reason'. It doesn't only affect people who have career, money or relationship issues etc.
And yes, I too raised an eyebrow at the part where she said 'he had resumed his normal duties'.

so N has changed the flat NO he dident know she was pregnant to he had a good idea that she might be pregnant ,

Reading between the lines I'd say that A would have communicated to C that her period was late (N says this was by text but who knows?) and therefore pregnancy was possible.

I'd also hazard a guess that as she was on holiday abroad with her parents at the time it could have been difficult for her to have bought a pregnancy test.

What is a little odd to me is that it was confirmed by a doctor, I wasn't aware that doctors still did that, it's not the 1950s anymore, no one in my experience nowadays expects a doctor to confirm the result of a home test

JMO

So basically the war between Nicola and Martin is because оf Corrie was gay and all this fuss is because of that?

Is it? I've not seen that, I thought they were like any couple who'd gone through an acrimonious divorce, it doesn't suprise me that they don't get on, the way the investogation has gone will have only made relations worse

JMO

Just before the medical records bit, N said C wasn't depressed or on anti-depressants, "he had resumed back to work full-time".

So if he had 'resumed' full-time work, tbere was a point where he was not working full-time and why was that?!?

JMO as I don't have a link to hand but it's been an open secret that C had been off normal duties and was receiving treatment for depression/mental health issues at a nearby services facility. It's been mentioned somewhere this week, I'll try and find a link

JMO as I don't have a link to hand but it's been an open secret that C had been off normal duties and was receiving treatment for depression/mental health issues at a nearby services facility. It's been mentioned somewhere this week, I'll try and find a link

Be interested if you can find a link to that Suzy.

Think I remember in the early days when there was talk of C being treated for depression (his weekly visits to a nearby services facility) and that in these circumstances his duties would be restricted.

Is it possible that also could all have added to his careless social behaviour?

(Or maybe I'm overthinking as usual as the young recruit at Deepcut has been in the news this week).

Think I remember in the early days when there was talk of C being treated for depression (his weekly visits to a nearby services facility) and that in these circumstances his duties would be restricted.

Is it possible that also could all have added to his careless social behaviour? Or maybe I'm overthinking as usual.

I did wonder if he had been given medication for depression and was consuming alcohol as well, how the two would react.

It was me who mentioned it, although because of my “employer”, I can’t prove/validate it.

“Why have N’s side of the family been so adamant that he didn’t suffer from depression?
I have the original post that UT put up on Alfie Ushers FYB Page asking for help looking for his “nephew who is depressed” and it’s common knowledge that he was under the DCMH here at Marham and was on reduced duties.
Did they feel that if he had been suicidal, people wouldn’t have searched as much as they have?”

He wasn’t on anti-depressants as such but to my knowledge, at one point, he was on medication to help him sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Nicola, as a police officer, knew full well that if the public thought Corrie was depressed / anxious / possibly suicidal / wilfully missing, there would be less sympathy and fewer people sharing the posts. And let’s be honest, she’d probably be right - a mysterious missing / lost / abducted persons “story” is more compelling, more interesting, thant that of sonebody who just had enough and walked. Sad but generallly true, going by comparing numbers of posts on cases here.

However, she has got so many things wrong and embroidered the truth too much . It seems Corrie had mental health problems, sexuality issues, and knew he was to become a dad , all things that Nicola tried to cover up. It really hasn’t helped.

It was me who mentioned it, although because of my “employer”, I can’t prove/validate it.

“Why have N’s side of the family been so adamant that he didn’t suffer from depression?
I have the original post that UT put up on Alfie Ushers FYB Page asking for help looking for his “nephew who is depressed” and it’s common knowledge that he was under the DCMH here at Marham and was on reduced duties.
Did they feel that if he had been suicidal, people wouldn’t have searched as much as they have?”

He wasn’t on anti-depressants as such but to my knowledge, at one point, he was on medication to help him sleep.

Thanks cotswodemmie, that could well be what I'm thinking off, tbh there's been so much activity in the last week I'm losing track of what I've seen where :confused:

Oh bless! Cheers Suzy, but I was aware of C being on restricted duties. It was just sarcasm/a rhetorical question by me after N emphasising C wasn't depressed.

Is it possible that also could all have added to his careless social behaviour?

(Or maybe I'm overthinking as usual as the young recruit at Deepcut has been in the news this week).

Re careless behaviour: this link was posted on here a while ago. There's a part where it talks about C being out with friends and finding the body of one of them when she was hit and killed by a train. N says in it that it changed C and he was 'I'll take chances because who knows what will happen next.'

I think conversely it's also a bit of the invulnerability of youth. He took risks and nothing had happened. Same as his mates not missing him; they were used to him disappearing on a night out so why would that night be any different? Maybe a bit of a laugh that they could get away with breaking the rules and they hadn't been caught.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/corrie_mckeague

I just wanted to add that for any serving member of the Armed Forces, you have to be in a pretty bad state and of real concern to the camp medical team and welfare for them to refer you to DCMH. It’s not a quick process or something that’s done flippantly.

Reading between the lines I'd say that A would have communicated to C that her period was late (N says this was by text but who knows?) and therefore pregnancy was possible.

I'd also hazard a guess that as she was on holiday abroad with her parents at the time it could have been difficult for her to have bought a pregnancy test.

What is a little odd to me is that it was confirmed by a doctor, I wasn't aware that doctors still did that, it's not the 1950s anymore, no one in my experience nowadays expects a doctor to confirm the result of a home test

JMO

From a comment on one of the previous pages here that is assigned to N, I think maybe A was a few days or a week late plus maybe she had started getting morning sickness or other signs?

I think the doc's confirmation is what N has been using to say "A didn't 'know' until after C went missing". In other words, A had an idea but the doctor's confirmation didn't come until after. So N isn't telling an outright lie, but she's not telling the full story either.

Heavy stress can mess with regularity, A might have just wanted the extra confirmation from a doctor, she might have medical reasons for wanting to see a doctor for confirmation rather than relying on a home test and not seeing a doctor until she was further along. I don't think things like that are things that need to have question marks assigned to them.

I don't think C's private life or depression or anything had much to do with what happened. I see the bin as being the most likely way out of the horseshoe. I think the contribution from his private life is likely more about the heavy drinking, his way of being able to go out for a night and spend a lot of the time doing his own thing, and things like that, so that there's more chance of a bad drunken decision not having mates around to keep an eye out, and then a tragedy ensues, a river, a bin...

N's been between a rock and a hard place with C's private life and SM accounts. And ever since the beginning N's been all over the place in the theories in her head and what she pushes out to the media. Abduction, homicide, a feeling that maybe someone isn't telling all they know that turns in the media to "N says someone's covering up for homicide!" and things like that. Of course her mind is all over the place, of course there are places her mind doesn't want to go, all of this is totally natural, and we shouldn't let her police-like professional persona keep us from realising that and having sympathy for her on that level. She has no body, she has no certainty, she still has so many questions, so many what-ifs.

This was a missing person's inquiry, not a soap story. IMHO the police have gone above and beyond with the amount of resources dedicated to this case for so long. I'm glad and grateful for that. It's so easy to look back from the outside and say that maybe they could have done some things differently, but they have done a lot of work for Corrie, and if that was enough to guarantee finding him, then I am sure he would have been found within a week. But it isn't always enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810