UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish someone would invent a "buddy up" type mobile app where you could log in as a group and some sort of notification pops up if one of the group is separated from the others, it could then link to the Find My Phone app in an emergency. It would help resolve several of our cases very quickly and even save some lives.

I agree that he could have known the person who picked him up but there doesn't need to have been any kind of contact during the evening, a simple accidental bumping into each other would do

Yes granted, but he would still have needed to arrange to meet later on that evening even if it was a 'accidental bumping into each other'?
Ive settled it in my mind with clear conscience that 0330 is the time he was meeting someone....probably a female in a car as she would need to feel secure....or if not a man on foot to walk towards and get into a car in Shortbrackland.
Either way I look at it, 0330 is immensely significant.
Question to the forum:
What pubs/clubs/venues close at 0330 in BSE? That could be the link to his next location?.

Yes granted, but he would still have needed to arrange to meet later on that evening even if it was a 'accidental bumping into each other'?
Ive settled it in my mind with clear conscience that 0330 is the time he was meeting someone....probably a female in a car as she would need to feel secure....or if not a man on foot to walk towards and get into a car in Shortbrackland.

Are you basing this on anything specific you've heard locally or is it just your own theory?

If it was a worker I'd imagine 4 is closer to reality once work has finished up, locking up etc.

Whether gay or not, that doesn't mean anything really. According to gay cruising sites straight men frequent the dogging grounds. The motivation might not even be sexuality related.

Even if he was completely straight it doesn't rule out any of the possibilties so it doesn't really matter.

As for not pulling girls, who says he hasn't? I assumed he had been single only a short while from his previous girlfriend. Until someone openly confirms he rarely pulled girls can you say that's the case, and not everyone brags about their conquests.

There was also this hooded person who was seen leaving bin area 4 minutes after Corrie arrived there.... did he render Corrie unconscious, hide him then go get a vehicle to remove him?

Hello! I'm new to this thread but praying for answers like all of you. In all the reading I've done, I can't seem to find where the lorry driver was thoroughly vetted? His truck was searched but what about the driver himself? And if the lorry was in the horseshoe/alley when Corrie entered it, how long had it been there? Was the truck operator picking up rubbish as Corrie entered, or had the operator just come on duty shortly thereafter? If the latter, where did he enter the area from? Were there other rubbish bins in the area where someone could have hidden Corrie's body until the next day? And why isn't the landfill being searched - have they given us any reason?

I do apologize if these have been answered earlier but I can't find these answers anywhere and I'm just baffled...

Hello! I'm new to this thread but praying for answers like all of you. In all the reading I've done, I can't seem to find where the lorry driver was thoroughly vetted? His truck was searched but what about the driver himself? And if the lorry was in the horseshoe/alley when Corrie entered it, how long had it been there? Was the truck operator picking up rubbish as Corrie entered, or had the operator just come on duty shortly thereafter? If the latter, where did he enter the area from? Were there other rubbish bins in the area where someone could have hidden Corrie's body until the next day? And why isn't the landfill being searched - have they given us any reason?

I do apologize if these have been answered earlier but I can't find these answers anywhere and I'm just baffled...

Welcome, calo44. The only thing I can help with it that the bin lorry arrived around 4am, half an hour after Corrie. And re the driver - good point but would there be only one? I always imagined there'd be more but then I'm only used to normal domestic bins. It is believed the same bin man saw the 3 teenagers nearby at 4:20 though I'm not why he'd need to be around there for 20 minutes. As with everything with this case though, the timings might be wonky.

There is no landfill, there's an incinerator and recycling, so that answers that. The time is a little speculative in terms of the bin lorry, it arrived between 4 and 4.20am from what I can gather but someone may be able to confirm that better. Corrie would have to have been in the bay for a good half an hour. Unsure about other collections, I've seen it was the only one but I couldn't say for sure.

There were other biffa bins, the don't look overly big and may have been locked. The lorry driver was interviewed. I doubt they did any tests as he's considered a witness not a suspect. He would have driven down short brackland to get to the bay.

I think we've only been told Corrie couldn't have left on foot (unless he managed to do some magical evasion technique?).

But he could have left in a vehicle, and we know there were people and vehicles picked up on cameras that night between 3.30 and 8am. The hoody man was on foot, and we were told he wasn't the only person in the area. We had three vehicles pointed out to us (bin lorry, one-way wrong way car, possibly another car) but we were also told they were not the only vehicles in the area, they were just the only ones that, according to Tony, hadn't yet been ruled out.

There is that to

And again, the two relevant cameras would answer that.

We have been told and it is directly implied (albeit not presented clearly and also contradicted) that the relevant cameras (09/34) had that area in sight all the time. With no breaks. One hundred percent. Never not insight.

And from those cameras, there was no movement in that area by a person or persons and by no vehicle. Only the bin lorry. And that arrived, collected and departed.

That is what I understand ?

So yes, from this absolute evidence which we have been told exists, Corrie remained in that area from 0325 to at least 0800.

There is no other conclusion to be made.

I think we've only been told Corrie couldn't have left on foot (unless he managed to do some magical evasion technique?).

But he could have left in a vehicle, and we know there were people and vehicles picked up on cameras that night between 3.30 and 8am. The hoody man was on foot, and we were told he wasn't the only person in the area. We had three vehicles pointed out to us (bin lorry, one-way wrong way car, possibly another car) but we were also told they were not the only vehicles in the area, they were just the only ones that, according to Tony, hadn't yet been ruled out.

Regarding cctv Suffolk police have stated there is not 100% coverage in the area. Whether that be other blind spots or referring to those particular cameras around the bay.

I have read they've done searches of the Lark, but I've never even heard of the Linnet. They've also said they've had guys out wading in other lakes/ponds. I don't know how comprehensive the searches of the Lark were, though.

Can anyone tell me if the River Linnet and/or The Lark have been searched ? Find these threads move so fast it's hard to keep up.

Not familiar with the area, but from google maps the river Linnet looks as if it is only 500 m from where he was last seen.
TIA.

i know none of us know what happened to Corrie,,so it's all speculation....but the only thing that worries me about the scenario of him meeting somebody in the bin area is,,he was not looking that way,(on the last cctv)..you usually look in the direction you are going..but imo,Corrie looked back (the way he had come from) twice.
As if he was more intrested/concerned about what was behind him,rather than in front ??
just my opinion

We keep getting told that it was normal for him to get drunk and sleep in door ways as he is a crècher of habit, but what we don't know is how he would normally get home after a night out, to all we know it might be perfectly normal for him to get a lift at 3.30 from that loading bay,

BBM - if he was meeting a guy why didn't he go to wherever the guy was and wait there?

It's not just girls who work in pubs and clubs and how do we know he never pulled a girl when he went clubbing? Was this established over night, I see that posts have been deleted and I would have missed that

IF Corrie was meeting a guy for a hook-up, and that guy was in the closet, it would look strange to co-workers if Corrie turned up to his place of work as he was finishing, and they went off together.

Nicola said some time ago that Corrie ALWAYS left the clubs by himself, and she said there was nothing unusual in him doing that.

I think because of the Facebook page the waters are being muddied and the police should come out and make the facts very clear to everyone including what has been investigated and what has been ruled out.

i know none of us know what happened to Corrie,,so it's all speculation....but the only thing that worries me about the scenario of him meeting somebody in the bin area is,,he was not looking that way,(on the last cctv)..you usually look in the direction you are going..but imo,Corrie looked back (the way he had come from) twice.
As if he was more intrested/concerned about what was behind him,rather than in front ??
just my opinion

That suggests to me a natural defensive gesture before a settling period. In other words, check my six so I can relax a bit (to pee or wait?).

Corrie could have stopped in that dark alley to get sick from all the greasy food he just ate or to relieve himself. Hoody man could have been in that alley doing the same thing, and robbed/beaten Corrie after an altercation. He could have thrown the phone (and empty wallet?) in the bin but stumped on what to do with the body? So he goes to get his work vehicle (the lorry) or calls a friend who drives one and either put Corrie in the cab or unlocked one of the other bins in the area and put his body in there. They would have keys to unlock all the bins - I'm sure it's just one master key to all of them. It could explain why the lorry driver was in the alley for 20 minutes, and at that time of the morning which seems incredibly odd. In a small, sleepy town like Bury, why have any kind of trash collection at 4 am? New York City, yes - but BSE no. Do we know if the other bins were weighed when they were emptied? And 33 lbs of waste does not seem like very much to warrant emptying, almost like the load consisted of just this one pick up location vs loads from multiple locations. JMO

There is that to

And again, the two relevant cameras would answer that.

We have been told and it is directly implied (albeit not presented clearly and also contradicted) that the relevant cameras (09/34) had that area in sight all the time. With no breaks. One hundred percent. Never not insight.

And from those cameras, there was no movement in that area by a person or persons and by no vehicle. Only the bin lorry. And that arrived, collected and departed.

That is what I understand ?

So yes, from this absolute evidence which we have been told exists, Corrie remained in that area from 0325 to at least 0800.

There is no other conclusion to be made.

In that case then, the only person who could be involved in Corrie's exit from the bin park is the lorry driver - that's providing Corrie didn't exit AFTER 08:00 Saturday morning. And providing Corrie didn't enter one of the flats there; or for some reason climbed/squeezed through the buildings and got out the other end (if that's possible).

Logically, given that the only person or vehicle that entered and left that area between 04:00 and 08:00 was the lorry driver, and given that he drove the exact same route that Corrie's phone went, surely to God he has to be prime suspect? And it couldn't have been an accident, say, he accidentally ran Corrie over as he entered the bin area, as there'd be forensic evidence even if he put Corrie somewhere on/in the lorry. For all we know the police may be keeping a low profile because they highly suspect the lorry driver is responsible for Corrie's disappearance, but they've no evidence as yet.

The ONLY niggle with that assumption is - why was Corrie hanging around in the bin area for half an hour?

If it is the lorry driver, it's almost certain he didn't run Corrie over, which means he would have offered him a lift. If so, either the lorry driver is gay/bi and wanted sex if he thought Corrie may be gay too, or a fight broke out when in Barton Mills if he was rejected by Corrie or something else went wrong and Corrie came to harm some other way.

@calo44

We don't know when the footage of hoodie man was taken. Could have been hours earlier in the night and the footage was spliced/edited together for the local public to view.

That the question hasn't been addressed or answered on the Facebook page is so frustrating but what else can we do but speculate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double