UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the horseshoe was a huge area initially, it really isn't, it looks like you turn right and it's 2-3 cars long, surrounded by large metal fencing/gates, I can't even see how a car was parked up TBH, assuming the owners of the properties would have had their cars parked up, mind you my spacial awareness is very poor. it does look like the place you'd pop for a wee,

i just cant work this out. Did he go for a wee, walk into person/persons unknown, wrong place wrong time event
or is he the victim of a premeditated attack arranged via app, willingly/unwillingly into a vehicle and the rest is unknown.
the thought of him still being held anywhere is as awful to consider as 'death'

attachment.php
Thanks midsummer. So looking at this rough map of the mast area and ping times shouldn't the searches be started at the edge of the BM mast area or in the middle of both and go each way to BSE and BM? Don't know if those areas have been searched at all. Also the hour that the phone stays in BSE indicates either a wait for nearly an hour or a walk then a lift IMO.

Haha, nice one! Thanks for that. I made a boo-boo and gave you bad info though sorry, I think it's actually 30 seconds from every 2 mins 30.

Angle 1: St John's (30 secs)
Angle 2: Brentgrovel towards the Grapes (30 secs, 1 min tot)
Angle 3: Ground beneath Greenwoods camera (shot #7 in CCTV identification footage) (30 secs, 1 min 30 tot)
Angle 4: Gregg's Alley (I call it that because you can't see the Horseshoe in this angle) (30 secs, 2 min tot)
Angle 5: Horseshoe (30 secs, 2 min 30 tot)

Angle 3 is not fully validated, but we can deduce from the way the footage is cut (one clip shows Angle 1 to 2, another clip shows angle 4 to 5, and at end of footage we see angle 3 and there's only the Greenwoods camera in that location to see that angle).

Additional footage could come from the Grapes camera (Corrie eating kebab CCTV) but we know nothing about that one as far as I'm aware, because it may also be on an auto-rotation, so unclear how many angles/time has lapsed between each. It wouldn't get great images though, being so far away.

And personally still maintain it may never have started in the Horseshoe at all (ie a car, so never entered any shot ever). What if Corrie looked into the Horseshoe but the car was actually parked in that OTHER horseshoe that's literally round the corner in Short Brackland (another rear of shops, with lots of cars parked in it on Street View, not far from the 'open door' of the back of a pub/kitchen). If that "other" horseshoe was fairly empty at night, perfect place for a car to do a 3 point turn, park up, etc. From the moments we see Corrie walk to the bins, assuming the CCTV moves to Angle 1 seconds later, he then has 2 mins to walk 10 metres out of shot in the Short Brack direction to not be seen on CCTV again.
@Markymint.
The more I think about this, the LESS confused I am. If our figures and theories are correct, thern there is absolutely NO reason why Corrie couldn't have walked out of there. If this is the case then a whole new ball game opens up for us. Not wishing to throw unnecessary accusations or assumptions around but I can absolutely understand why 'the system' would want you to believe that the whole area is cctv covered and he couldn't walk out without being seen! The majority of traffic in that area is footfall and that's your biggest threat. Of course you're going to offer up some mistrusts to basically 1. Save your *advertiser censored*, 2. Protect your interests & 3. Protect your infrastructure.
JMO

Just finished the documentary. Heartbroken for that poor family. 😢

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

@Markymint.
The more I think about this, the LESS confused I am. If our figures and theories are correct, thern there is absolutely NO reason why Corrie couldn't have walked out of there. If this is the case then a whole new ball game opens up for us. Not wishing to throw unnecessary accusations or assumptions around but I can absolutely understand why 'the system' would want you to believe that the whole area is cctv covered and he couldn't walk out without being seen! The majority of traffic in that area is footfall and that's your biggest threat. Of course you're going to offer up some mistrusts to basically 1. Save your *advertiser censored*, 2. Protect your interests & 3. Protect your infrastructure.
JMO

or he was picked up by someone and they stayed within the mast point, went back for a cuppa or something else, then drove off to m for a party, then something else happened, he could have been walking home from M and an accident befell him

Newbie here and long time 'lurker' 👋🏽 Just a litte thing that's been playing on my mind, but does anyone thing it's a bit strange given the circumstances that Corrie's Instagram tag line is "Waiting out for you..."?

Great post @CodaRosa. Very informative and well put together.

There are bits in it that are confusing.
He parked his car in a disabled spot in Robert Body Way, behind Waitrose....and was drinking and talking to his brother.

I wonder, is this where he was going to leave his car that night ?

This IS NOT in the car park OF the super market, but ON THE ROAD and in a CONTROLLED PARKING BAY.

The next day is Saturday. What's the chance of getting a Parking Ticket in Bury St Edmunds (or being Towed Away) ?

It seems a (more than) slightly odd place to park a car...overnight.
Not "in that road". But "in that road, in a disabled parking bay".

The rest of the parking in that road is "controlled".
Mon to Sat. For one hour. No return in 3 hours.
Presumably it is therefore a route walked by Traffic Wardens.

Was Corrie displaying a "Disabled Badge" in his car ?
If so, who's disabled badge ?

https://goo.gl/maps/97Lxy5kjHpv

AWOL Theory

Murder Theory

One that is entirely possible but a lot of the same questions arise as the accident theory. Where is the body, even if it had been hidden/buried surely someone would have noticed something by now. Particularly as it's not easy to dispose of a body without attracting attention to yourself. Again, why pick Bury town centre to snatch someone or commit the act, if you don't know the victim surely as with the abduction theory you would be lucky to have someone that matches your criteria land in your lap, if you do know the victim surely there's easier places to pick them up without being seen. How common is it for someone to just randomly pick someone and kill them? (Genuine question - I always thought there was some kind of type the killer has i.e. Women/Prostitutes/Gay men)

Tinder/Grindr Theory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive me if I'm wrong as it was a long time ago but I seem to recall Milly Dowler's body laying undiscovered in a forest (was it Thetford?) for six months.

He parked his car in a disabled spot in Robert Body Way, behind Waitrose....and was drinking and talking to his brother.

This IS NOT in the car park OF the super market, but ON THE ROAD and in a CONTROLLED PARKING BAY.

The next day is Saturday. What's the chance of getting a Parking Ticket in Bury St Edmunds (or being Towed Away) ?

I thought it was odd too, that was before finding out about the disabled space, he would have to get back to the car by 8am to avoid a ticket (website says 8 - streetsigns on google say 9am). <modsnip>

Just wanted to add - The disabled space was probably the only one vacant so probably the only reason he parked there.

Forgive me if I'm wrong as it was a long time ago but I seem to recall Milly Dowler's body laying undiscovered in a forest (was it Thetford?) for six months.

Yateley Heath Woods in Hampshire.

I think his his mum said on the recording whilst talking to the students, that that proves his intention to return in the early morning to move his car.

You're right.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of cases here on WS where a person has gone missing and never been found, or the body was discovered months years or even decades later. It's really not unusual.

Just watching the documentary (thanks to whoever it was above who said it's now available on findcorrie.co.uk)

1. No mention of the claim that it is impossible to leave the horseshoe without being seen on cctv.

2. The area has been searched forensically and no trace - but that doesn't mean he wasn't ever there.

What if Corrie wasn't ever there? Is there any way whatsoever that he never entered the horseshoe? Or does the cctv preclude that? I am useless at understanding where the cameras point. I need a reenactment.

Your point 1. About 20 minutes in to the docu, just after the presenter talks about misding posters round town, they show the 'horseshoe' and presenter says the family say it is not possible to leave the area without being caught on camera ( I recorded the prog for future reference).

The second cctv clip of Corrie shows him entering the horseshoe; this area is to the right . When he changes direction and is seen walking from left to right across the screen, he is walking into the horseshoe.

Your point 1. About 20 minutes in to the docu, just after the presenter talks about misding posters round town, they show the 'horseshoe' and presenter says the family say it is not possible to leave the area without being caught on camera ( I recorded the prog for future reference).

The second cctv clip of Corrie shows him entering the horseshoe; this area is to the right . When he changes direction and is seen walking from left to right across the screen, he is walking into the horseshoe.
Thank you. I meant to say that the claim is only from the family not the LE.

If you have to make lots of assumptions then it starts becoming less likely. (and its a pretty unlikely theory in the first place)

Good points.

The FAQs say Corrie was duevto collect his car the next day; how do they know this? If Corrie hadn't expected to have to drive into town, did he ask one of the others who drove in to take him the next morning?

Daytime parking charges start at 8am, pretty early after a night out, even if a designated driver had stayed sober. Don't really know that side of town for parking but maybe it had been used before and was thought to be less risky for leaving a car later into the morning.

Wondering about Corrie's timeline that evening; why take his car at all? Why not get a taxi? If there was going to be a bit of a wait for taxi to arrive at camp, why not make your phone calls whilst waiting?

If you have to make lots of assumptions then it starts becoming less likely. (and its a pretty unlikely theory in the first place)

By that logic if he's not in the area he was last seen then everything else is unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think his his mum said on the recording whilst talking to the students, that that proves his intention to return in the early morning to move his car.

Which sounds logical.
But then "add in" the fact that "normally" he wouldn't get asked to leave Flex and what do we have then ?

He leaves the club at the end of the night (3am ish).
And....
Then gets to his car before 9am and drives back to Camp.

Was he going to leave Bury that night ?

Leaving his car in that particular spot shows an indication he was going to return to his car... AND before 9am.

(or it shows he wasn't bothered about the car, depends which way you look at it).

Either way, it is curious.

Even that suggestion throws up some interesting questions...
By allegedly parking in a disabled bay which is a controlled area, I can understand to a certain degree but absolutely condone it. If there's nowhere else to park then a young risk taker who's carefree attitude is displayed flamboyantly would grab the opportunity. This however does suggest that he'd want to come back to it before the Traffic Warden tickets it.....before 0900 the next morning presumably?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members