UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone could be reading too much into Corries mums latest statement, she says she feels betrayed by the Police but it doesn't necessarily mean anything has changed.

She has lost her son, the reality that he may never be found will be sinking in and the hope of him still being alive is draining away. There may be no specific reason for her to say what she said other than she feels that not enough is being done to find her son. Just because she is a policewoman it doesn't mean she has inside knowledge of how a missing person/murder enquiry is run and even if she does all logical thought process goes by the wayside when it's your child that has disappeared.

Her latest comments could simply be attributed to her frustration that the police haven't found her son yet, the betrayal could be the fact the police have always said they are doing everything they can to find Corrie when she feels like they haven't therefore are betraying her trust. Perhaps she feels like publicly applying pressure to them will achieve more than remaining stoic at this point in the investigation.

On the other hand there could be some ground breaking news that is yet to come. I just hope it isn't that they are currently looking for a murderer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone could be reading too much into Corries mums latest statement, she says she feels betrayed by the Police but it doesn't necessarily mean anything has changed.

She has lost her son, the reality that he may never be found will be sinking in and the hope of him still being alive is draining away. There may be no specific reason for her to say what she said other than she feels that not enough is being done to find her son. Just because she is a policewoman it doesn't mean she has inside knowledge of how a missing person/murder enquiry is run and even if she does all logical thought process goes by the wayside when it's your child that has disappeared.

Her latest comments could simply be attributed to her frustration that the police haven't found her son yet, the betrayal could be the fact the police have always said they are doing everything they can to find Corrie when she feels like they haven't therefore are betraying her trust. Perhaps she feels like publicly applying pressure to them will achieve more than remaining stoic at this point in the investigation.

On the other hand there could be some ground breaking news that is yet to come. I just hope it isn't that they are currently looking for a murderer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally feel the reward tipped her over the edge. I didn't think the docu portrayed them as incompentant. In fact it showed very little of what they have done

Doc - Nicola says if anyone could be locked up in a house for all this time, it would be Corrie (no idea what she means by this??)

IMO it's back to Corrie being the larger-than-life character where it isn't unusual for a night out to involve drinking, takeaway and sleeping and he could turn up with an incredible story of what happened. In the Scottish Sun interview on 21 Nov (soz, not sure how to post link) Nicola said if it had been one of her other boys thought to be missing she wouldn't have been 'as surprised'.

I personally feel the reward tipped her over the edge. I didn't think the docu portrayed them as incompentant. In fact it showed very little of what they have done
it would be a very sad state of affairs if this turned into family vs family vs police. I don't see how that would help at all.

yes I agree

I would suggest that it might be a good idea if we all keep our eyes peeled on the official FindCorrie website so that we are aware of further updates.

@markymint

To be fair in that example he is always in centre frame and moved slowly until going behind the building. Compare it to the running man from the same camera and position and the difference is clear, right?

It doesn't look to me like it is completely fixed on 5 preset sweeps of ~30 seconds.

Thing is now this could all be moot anyway. I think it quite safe to say the footage has been carefully edited and the pod stuff was the least relevant footage....shown to appease the family, IMO.

Without being rude that was a waste of half an hour for me. The spoken about the phone lead and aside from the bin lorry it was practically discounted? The not being seen on cctv thing was really only pushed by family.

It's clear a lot of the searching has be done between bse and honington and that the family are disappointed sightings haven't really been taken into consideration but apart from that, nothing.

Regarding the dating app data I think it's clear the police can access that.

All I really got from that docu was the important of finding the phone and to be honest I think the reasoning behind police not pursuing the idea it had been in the bin lorry was valid. But they didn't clearly explain why they've not been more active in the Barton mills area.

I wasn't keen on the editing of the Superintendant (sorry if I have the wrong title) when she was asked about the phone...I would have liked to know the end of the sentence that was cut off.

I thought the retired officer placed too much emphasis on finding the phone. Surely the masts keep some data about which numbers were called to/from and also IP addresses connected to? RIPA rules get in the way of interrogating masts for general public data but surely not for a specific missing person? Then if Corrie has other computer equipment many people have their contact lists backed up on a second device.... some devices will do this almost automatically, and many people will find it useful to import contact lists from one device to another. So it seems to me that someone who's presumably not part of the investigation is overplaying the phone importance.

I think that if police had the option at the time of a phone possibly being in minuscule pieces in 100 tons of landfill, or burned up in an incinerator, or half-way to China on a boat carrying 50 tons of waste from across the UK, but the phone could just as easily still be laying at the side of a road that they made a fair decision. Annoying, frustrating, painful, but I think it's fair. And, yes it is easy for me to say that as I am emotionally separated and it's not my son but sometimes you have to balance things out and that can lead to emotionally difficult to process decisions being made, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are the wrong decisions, even if you look back with hindsight and say, "yeah maybe we should have spent half a million searching landfill instead of following other lines of inquiry that ended up not going anywhere".

I wish it could have been an hour-long documentary and included more of the reasoning behind the police actions and all the things they've done. I wish it could have shown some of Corrie's friends from the base. But it did do a good job of compressing as much as they could into the 20 minutes while also making sure they put across all the ways in which this is a very compelling case that so many people are following daily in the hope that today will be the day there will be a breakthrough that finally finds out what happened to Corrie and maybe even gets him home alive. But even worst case scenario, his family deserve to know what happened. No family deserves to go through this torture.

Thanks, jessie. I am aware that the grandparent's reward has been reported in MSM. I was actually asking for a link to the image of the reward poster that was posted.

If anyone has a link, I would be happy to restore that post.

If the rewards do not bring anyone forward with information, then I will have to say he left on foot, by himself and coincidentally avoided cameras. Came to harm, and will be found at some point.

If the rewards do not bring anyone forward with information, then I will have to say he left on foot, by himself and coincidentally avoided cameras. Came to harm, and will be found at some point.

Agree. I've always thought this is what happened anyway. I think the public searches will find him

I felt the docu would have been much better shown on a mainstream channel. It was more about case awareness than anything else

Maybe it's just me but I didn't see the whole police failure in that documentary at all. The documentary was far too brief and didn't go into any kind of detail on either what the police have been doing, who has been helping etc.

It didn't include the road searches they've done, working with sulsar, any dog searches. It basically ignored any possibilty Corrie could have been in Barton mills with his phone. Instead of being angry the refuse site wasn't searched why are people not questioning why the general areas the phone travelled to have not been as closely searched? They searched the routes to honington but knew his phone went in the opposite direction?
I don't understand that either. Maybe they started the searches before they had the phone data? Or they were convinced it had gone in the bin lorry?

Just giving page: <modsnip>

A reward 'secured' struck me as strange wording for something offered by Corrie's father & grandparents; I wondered if it meant someone had seen their appeal and stepped in to cover it for them. Something else clearly in the pipeline...

I don't understand that either. Maybe they started the searches before they had the phone data? Or they were convinced it had gone in the bin lorry?

But why not then search? Unless it's been eliminated from the docu. Surely they don't rule out one line of enquiry as it being lost in the waste disposal system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member