GUILTY UK - Ellie Butler, 6, brutally murdered, Sutton, 28 Oct 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
what threads are you all following now-if you don't mind me asking? x
You may see some familiar names in the Sadie Hartley thread.

The murder trial started last week. If the prosecution can make good on the evidence they claim they have the defendants could be left looking very foolish, especially if they take the stand.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-60-murdered-Helmshore-Lancashire-14-Jan-2016

I don't post too much in there, but the Teresa Sievers thread is fascinating if you want access to discovery documents, I can't believe the material you can view pre-trial thanks to Florida's Sunshine Laws. But it's a big sub-forum (link top left of every page) if you're interested I'll give you some pointers on what to read to try help you get up to speed. I started following this case for the docs, but I'm now firmly emotionally committed to it. And they are a really good bunch of posters on there.

The two threads I've posted in most I'm pretty much by myself and I expect them both to be fairly quiet in terms of news for a bit.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...pain-Amy-Fitzpatrick-15-Malaga-1-January-2008

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?295065-Spain-Lisa-Brown-32-San-Roque-4-November-2015

In Amy's case I hate to say it, but I don't think there'll ever be any real news unless her body is found by chance, or somebody grows a conscience. Maybe time apart could help someone's memory. IDK. I'll never understand some people. If I was flippant I'd probably say something along the lines of losing one child can be put down to carelessness, but two... Meh...

Lots of colder case threads I try to keep up with/read through are Deorr Kunz, Kyron Horman, Jacob Wetterling, Allenstown New Hampshire unidentified bodies, Cabin 28, Dylan Redwine, plus many others.

I'm also open to thread suggestions.

Just finished a very long week(end) of work which wasn't entirely pleasant, apologies for rambling, but it's kind of therapeutic.

Hope that helps, but yeah, try Sadie Hartley. That goes for all the other posters on this thread. Would be good to see you there.

The murder trial started last week. If the prosecution can make good on the evidence they claim they have the defendants could be left looking very foolish, especially if they take the stand.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-60-murdered-Helmshore-Lancashire-14-Jan-2016

I don't post too much in there, but the Teresa Sievers thread is fascinating if you want access to discovery documents, I can't believe the material you can view pre-trial thanks to Florida's Sunshine Laws. But it's a big sub-forum (link top left of every page) if you're interested I'll give you some pointers on what to read to try help you get up to speed. I started following this case for the docs, but I'm now firmly emotionally committed to it. And they are a really good bunch of posters on there.

The two threads I've posted in most I'm pretty much by myself and I expect them both to be fairly quiet in terms of news for a bit.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...pain-Amy-Fitzpatrick-15-Malaga-1-January-2008

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?295065-Spain-Lisa-Brown-32-San-Roque-4-November-2015

In Amy's case I hate to say it, but I don't think there'll ever be any real news unless her body is found by chance, or somebody grows a conscience. Maybe time apart could help someone's memory. IDK. I'll never understand some people. If I was flippant I'd probably say something along the lines of losing one child can be put down to carelessness, but two... Meh...

Lots of colder case threads I try to keep up with/read through are Deorr Kunz, Kyron Horman, Jacob Wetterling, Allenstown New Hampshire unidentified bodies, Cabin 28, Dylan Redwine, plus many others.

Just finished a very long week(end) of work which wasn't entirely pleasant, apologies for rambling, but it's kind of therapeutic.

Hope that helps, but yeah, try Sadie Hartley. That goes for all the other posters on this thread. Would be good to see you there.
Oscar Pistarios. Post sentencing.

Ariana Smyth 2 yo beaten raped and abused by mothers bf.

Tragic deaths of 3 yo twins. Found in rear of pick up cab. Dad is local LE in PD.

Egypt Air 804 lost flight transmission whilst flying over ocean.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

what threads are you all following now-if you don't mind me asking? x

Thanks looroll I was wondering the same myself. I think I will check out the Amy Fitzpatrick one (since I am in Ireland and followed the recent trial here) and the EgyptAir one.

Thanks so much for all of this info, really appreciated. Lou xx

Just a heads up, the 28 days to appeal conviction and/or sentence in this case is up on Tuesday coming (19 July). I haven't seen any news items to suggest any appeal is being applied for yet.

Just a heads up, the 28 days to appeal conviction and/or sentence in this case is up on Tuesday coming (19 July). I haven't seen any news items to suggest any appeal is being applied for yet.

Was just thinking the same. Can you see him not appealing? Or her. They are professionals at it.

I'm sure they will have instructed legals to look at it, but I would have thought if there were grounds they would have lodged by now.

I'm sure they will have instructed legals to look at it, but I would have thought if there were grounds they would have lodged by now.

They are probably using American experts, which would take longer to organise,

Hi everyone!! Now that the deadline has come is there any way of knowing if they have lodged (or attempted tolodge) an appeal?

Hi everyone!! Now that the deadline has come is there any way of knowing if they have lodged (or attempted tolodge) an appeal?

I don't know if there is a way other than waiting to hear about it in the papers.

He may of course have applied for an extension of time, how do we find out? I just cannot see him giving up. Maybe he shot himself in the foot to an extent by asking to be sentenced immediately, it gave him less time to prepare the next move.

I can't see him giving up, but I'm not sure he'll be able to cobble together a better defence from paid for medical experts. He had 2.5 years and a lot of legal aid and couldn't convince.

I'm not sure he'll get legal aid for any appeal (I think his defence barristers have to give a written statement that they believe there are grounds for appeal). And I can't see it being anything other than a fishing expedition of unlikely alternative scenarios.

The courts bent over backwards to give him a fair trial. I think the game is up. Whether BB realises that is another matter.

Thank you Tortoise and LB. Agree with both of you. I think BB probably did shoot himself in the foot with his gob :great:
I also agree that every aspect was covered at the trial to ensure he could not claim it was unfair in any way. I also think that he would need to find extraordinary grounds medically and that ain`t going to happen. He`s already trawled every corner of the earth (at our expense!!)
Nothing left to do but open that previously locked and bolted door in his little head and let the truth make it`s painful way in!
Michelle

They more than likely have applied or about to. Altho im sure theyve both thrown their toys out of the cot by now. And sacked this person n that person. Blah blah etc etc etc. It will be at the very last minute....

Sorry i hate this new Tapatalk grr

They more than likely have applied or about to. Altho im sure theyve both thrown their toys out of the cot by now. And sacked this person n that person. Blah blah etc etc etc. It will be at the very last minute....

To appeal they have to get counsel to draft grounds of appeal and although I wasn't present I can't see what grounds they would have. They can apply out of time is after the 28 days if they get new barristers who would then have to look through all the papers. The only grounds will be that the judge has made an error in his summing up or in any of his rulings in the legal arguments throughout the trial.

Incidentally I am told that JG is in bronze field and on the health care wing separated from everyone. She is being looked after and watched most carefully by the wardens in there and is still denying she has done anything wrong and should not be in there . She is not allowed to mix with anyone at this stage for her own safety so has her own room with shower etc.

What about if he asserts evidence was destroyed in the cremation jog?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back