Found Deceased UK - Frankie Morris, 18, bike found Pentir Bangor, North Wales, 2 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, good question, and interesting that this is exactly the area police were focusing on last week even though everyone was wondering why, including the local people here. It makes me think they were following leads that have never been made public.

Sad news.
Has there been any further news on the exact area where his body was found, is it the same farmland in Waen Wen which was being searched last week?

To be honest, the search seems to have centred around where he was last seen. Caerhun is next to Waen Wen but really it’s a winding country Lane from Pentir to Bangor, it’s all one area really.

it just seems that they were searching the countryside around that lane. They also searched the river. I don’t know that it does mean they were acting on information, more just combing the countryside.

I’ve not seriously contemplated suicide at all, but this development makes it seem more likely. That’s unless he’s been found on someone’s land but an arrest hasn’t been announced.

I’ve not seriously contemplated suicide at all, but this development makes it seem more likely. That’s unless he’s been found on someone’s land but an arrest hasn’t been announced.

Why do you think this makes suicide more likely, @Meursault? I know you've followed this case from the outset and I'm curious as to your thinking.

Why do you think this makes suicide more likely, @Meursault? I know you've followed this case from the outset and I'm curious as to your thinking.

Because it’s much easier to hide oneself deliberately in dense vegetation than it is to hide a dead body in an area which has been extensively searched for over a week, and lightly searched for longer. His lack of engagement with others and generally unenthusiastic demeanour at the rave could have been a bout of depression or a comedown.

It now seems unlikely that he got a lift anywhere and whatever happened, happened soon after the CCTV sighting. The roads there are back roads, but they’re not particularly quiet, with cars coming past every 3-10 minutes. I don’t think a random hit and run who’d decided to move his body would hide it there when there’s isolated mountains and woodlands all around, further from roads, UNLESS they lived very close by and it’s on private land or similar so they could be there undisturbed without arousing suspicion.

So perhaps a suicide or an accidental drug overdose are possible, tucked in somewhere. We know he liked to roam and wild camp.

On the other hand, some of his friends lived in Caerhun. Did he bump into someone on a bike, decide to store his and go to their house, after which something happened?

It’s still a mystery but I think the answer lies very close to Caerhun. I hope the truth comes out soon for the sake of his family.

May be unrelated but TR, the friend who posted about living in Caerhun, now has a completely greyed out FB profile whereas it looks to have been more public a few weeks ago (this could just be privacy settings). She’s also no longer FB friends with either of Frankie’s profiles despite posting that they were very good friends a few weeks ago, and both Frankie’s profiles and hers showing their friends lists publicly.

Last edited:
Because it’s much easier to hide oneself deliberately in dense vegetation than it is to hide a dead body in an area which has been extensively searched for over a week, and lightly searched for longer. His lack of engagement with others and generally unenthusiastic demeanour at the rave could have been a bout of depression or a comedown.

It now seems unlikely that he got a lift anywhere and whatever happened, happened soon after the CCTV sighting. The roads there are back roads, but they’re not particularly quiet, with cars coming past every 3-10 minutes. I don’t think a random hit and run who’d decided to move his body would hide it there when there’s isolated mountains and woodlands all around, further from roads, UNLESS they lived very close by and it’s on private land or similar so they could be there undisturbed without arousing suspicion.

So perhaps a suicide or an accidental drug overdose are possible, tucked in somewhere. We know he liked to roam and wild camp.

On the other hand, some of his friends lived in Caerhun. Did he bump into someone on a bike, decide to store his and go to their house, after which something happened?

It’s still a mystery but I think the answer lies very close to Caerhun. I hope the truth comes out soon for the sake of his family.

Thanks for your thoughts. I agree, hard to hide a body in woodland so dense that it would remain undetected and undisturbed for a month, but equally...I just don't see him as suicidal based on the personality that's come across from friends and family and his behaviour generally. That said, suicide in young men is often completely out of the blue even for those closest to them, so what would I know.

On balance, I think I'm still thinking in terms of some kind of rendezvous, either planned or spontaneous, that only one of them walked away from. I hope the PM provides some conclusive info, but I'm not holding my breath.

May be unrelated but TR, the friend who posted about living in Caerhun, now has a completely greyed out FB profile whereas it looks to have been more public a few weeks ago (this could just be privacy settings). She’s also no longer FB friends with either of Frankie’s profiles despite posting that they were very good friends a few weeks ago, and both Frankie’s profiles and hers showing their friends lists publicly.

Very interesting points in both your posts there, particularly the observation about TR. She no longer appears to be a member of the group - although this could be to do with privacy settings too? I have taken a look and it looks like her mother, JM, is still in the group and actively posting. What I found interesting is, looking at her friends list based on your comment I noticed that Frankie's mother shows up as a 'recently added' friend. A search for TR on the group also reveals a screenshot of a long tribute post to Frankie from a couple of weeks ago, presumably screenshotted from her personal account. I think its unlikely there's anything to this, but I did find the wording of her tribute interesting.

I think if Frankie had bumped into someone and decided to go to their house in Caerhun that it is very unlikely that he would have dumped the bike to do so - Caerhun is only a 25 min walk from where he was last seen, so I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have just brought it with him.

Similarly, considering the possibility of suicide - why hide the bike? Wouldn't you be more likely to just dump it where you left the road? And why go to that much effort to hide yourself? Is that something which is done regularly in suicides (genuine question - it seems illogical to me but I don't have a lot of knowledge or experience of such situations).

In terms of wild camping - I guess it is possible that Frankie took himself off into the woods intending to camp out overnight and met with some kind of accident/bad drugs but especially as someone who was known to like to wild camp/roam I think it's unlikely that he would have done that without stopping somewhere to pick up some food water at least first. Let alone a coat, or sleeping bag.

I agree about the regularity of the cars passing on that road - a random hit and run + moving the body seems unlikely given the chance that a car could be behind you any minute however it is possible that a driver may not have known that and that the road could have looked much quieter to someone who didn't know the area? There is also the road which branches off to the left from Pont Felin through the forest - this is not used nearly as often and someone could have had plenty of time there without being seen at all. Just to add to your point about someone not moving his body to that area unless it was private land - almost all the land there is private land. There are only a few areas which are dissected by public footpaths (and most of those are seldom used and some are impassable).

I really hope that the police have enough to get them to the answers about what happened, I think that will partially depend on how they ended up finding him after this length of time.

My last post above from ITV states:

woodland near Caerhun on the outskirts of Bangor

Thanks. That's all I have seen too. I was curious as there's no real border to what would be considered Caerhun after the main group of houses - there are lots of fields and woodlands that are between villages.

Just looked on CL’s page and she posted yesterday about “nasty little rumours and gossip” upsetting the family. As it’s on her personal page rather than the group, I assume this is local gossip. Has this led to his discovery? If so, I’d imagine arrest announcements are imminent.

Very interesting points in both your posts there, particularly the observation about TR. She no longer appears to be a member of the group - although this could be to do with privacy settings too? I have taken a look and it looks like her mother, JM, is still in the group and actively posting. What I found interesting is, looking at her friends list based on your comment I noticed that Frankie's mother shows up as a 'recently added' friend. A search for TR on the group also reveals a screenshot of a long tribute post to Frankie from a couple of weeks ago, presumably screenshotted from her personal account. I think its unlikely there's anything to this, but I did find the wording of her tribute interesting.

I think if Frankie had bumped into someone and decided to go to their house in Caerhun that it is very unlikely that he would have dumped the bike to do so - Caerhun is only a 25 min walk from where he was last seen, so I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have just brought it with him.

Similarly, considering the possibility of suicide - why hide the bike? Wouldn't you be more likely to just dump it where you left the road? And why go to that much effort to hide yourself? Is that something which is done regularly in suicides (genuine question - it seems illogical to me but I don't have a lot of knowledge or experience of such situations).

In terms of wild camping - I guess it is possible that Frankie took himself off into the woods intending to camp out overnight and met with some kind of accident/bad drugs but especially as someone who was known to like to wild camp/roam I think it's unlikely that he would have done that without stopping somewhere to pick up some food water at least first. Let alone a coat, or sleeping bag.

I agree about the regularity of the cars passing on that road - a random hit and run + moving the body seems unlikely given the chance that a car could be behind you any minute however it is possible that a driver may not have known that and that the road could have looked much quieter to someone who didn't know the area? There is also the road which branches off to the left from Pont Felin through the forest - this is not used nearly as often and someone could have had plenty of time there without being seen at all. Just to add to your point about someone not moving his body to that area unless it was private land - almost all the land there is private land. There are only a few areas which are dissected by public footpaths (and most of those are seldom used and some are impassable).

I really hope that the police have enough to get them to the answers about what happened, I think that will partially depend on how they ended up finding him after this length of time.

The wording of her tribute is very, very focused around the word “sorry” isn’t it. Could just be teenage outpouring of grief.

Edit: also very final, but I think a lot of posts at that time were, after the death by dangerous driving arrests.

I think after the causing death by dangerous driving arrests, a lot of people (not unreasonably) assumed he was dead and did their outpourings then. After those arrested were eliminated from the enquiry, I expect a lot of those people felt foolish and have since taken a step back. Nobody's fault (perhaps) but I think those arrests did a lot of damage to both the search and the investigative efforts.

The family being upset by rumours/gossip may refer to people discussing the possibility suicide. In my experience, where there's any ambiguity, families are extremely resistant to the idea of suicide, even when the evidence is compelling, never mind before. As I said upthread, it's not my preferred hypothesis, but it's natural that people will be wondering and equally natural that the family will be upset or even offended.

JMO

I think after the causing death by dangerous driving arrests, a lot of people (not unreasonably) assumed he was dead and did their outpourings then. After those arrested were eliminated from the enquiry, I expect a lot of those people felt foolish and have since taken a step back. Nobody's fault (perhaps) but I think those arrests did a lot of damage to both the search and the investigative efforts.

The family being upset by rumours/gossip may refer to people discussing the possibility suicide. In my experience, where there's any ambiguity, families are extremely resistant to the idea of suicide, even when the evidence is compelling, never mind before. As I said upthread, it's not my preferred hypothesis, but it's natural that people will be wondering and equally natural that the family will be upset or even offended.

JMO

I agree about people's reactions to the death by dangerous driving arrests. I think that a lot of people were shocked into sudden outpourings of grief. It was the repeated use of 'I'm sorry' that I had noticed in TR's post too, but I agree it is probably nothing.

Just before the arrests, a large community search was called off the day before it was due to happen because the family was advised by police that it could hamper the investigation. A lot of the missing posters were also taken down around the same time after the family received prank calls. I think that together these factors really closed down the search/community effort. A lot of people seemed to have thought he had been found, and I imagine others believed that the police knew what was going on and were working on things in the background (which could of course be the case).

As to the rumours, good point re: speculation about suicide. It can be so hard for families to accept the death of a loved one was suicide, particularly so before there has been proper PM/coroners report etc, and even more so after a period of being missing like this and having built up the narrative of foul play. It can be extremely hard to let go of.

I wonder what has led to this site being searched? Luck/deduction or information?
Yes I wondered this too as this whole area had been searched before. There was a post on the FB missing page that said a witness had seen Frankie near Caerhun which was a new sighting. Person posting said Police had told Frankies Mum. but this post was very quickly removed. This was the day before he was found.

Last edited:
Lots of questions. I personally (no grounds for thinking this, just my opinion) think suicide is unlikely.

The worlds he mixed in, his lifestyle, drugs...and why walk from Brynrefail to Caerhun? There are loads of remote places en route if he had wanted to do that. And he had just come from the quarries where it’s very easy to kill oneself.
I agree. Still wondering about the death by dangerous driving arrests. police must have had good reason for this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho
Back