GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Alyce. will add that in and paste it back up . I was hoping you'd add.

Made the mistake of pressing indent twice. oops

In Praise of Dachshunds ~ RIP Boris

[video=twitter;836589153164931072]https://twitter.com/dawsonsweek/status/836589153164931072[/video]

My 95-year-old Nan has Alzheimer's, so she cries a lot and gets very angry and confused. We started borrowing a dog and now this happens.

More incredible Dachshunds in the comments.

Married in Chesterfield, Derbyshire, 1986 (source: England and Wales Marriage Registration Index, 1837-2005).

DL born 1963 in Sheffield.

Nov 16 1960
IS born “Stewart tells jurors he was born in Letchworth Garden City.”( IS)​

Diane born in Sheffield. ( B'day is on FB page if anyone wants to add.)​

Sept 1972 - Jul 1979
Attends X Grammar school ( IS) Powertool may know school name.​

Oct 1979 - M/Jun 1982
Salford University, in year 3 meets Diane Lem. ““I graduated with a first class honours in electronic computer systems and got the course prize.​

1981 - 85
Diane at Salford Uni ( Languages, 4 year course ) Graduates May/June 1985​

Accident at Stevenage Leisure Centre, compo claim of £7k awarded later. ( later used for mortgage 1 says IS)​

Upon “....graduation with a first, job in Hitchin working for computer process control.” At some subsequent point he says he went for an interview at Cambridge University and went to study for a PHD in computer graphics.“ He never completed his PHD because he was "offered a job he could not turn down" “I began working for a small company that made systems for motor engine analysis. (IS)​

May/Jun 1985
On completion of her degree Diane moves to Cambridge where IS is based. “It didn’t go down well with her parents at the time. “We bought our first house together right in the centre of Cambridge.” and “In 1985 Diane and I got married. We had a nice traditional wedding. We moved into a semi-detached house.( IS)​

Oct 1986
Diane marries IS. “We moved into a semi-detached house. “I began working for a small company that made systems for motor engine analysis. “I was working outside of Cambridge and needed a car. Before either of the lads were born I bought an MG. My interest in those type of cars continued until Jamie was born. “​

Diane pregnant with first child. IS claims she has high BP and a seizure.”had very high blood pressure. “She was out shopping and had a fit then and there. I was called to hospital. “Jamie was not a natural birth, he was born by C section. It was a bit of a panic.” ( IS)​

1992 ( April)
Eldest born. Cambridge residence.” I got another job at a much bigger company, based in Shepreth, about 10 miles from Cambridge. “ IS​

1994/5
IS claims onset of symptoms of undiagnosed MG. Admitted and diagnosed in 95.​

youngest born,” In May 1995. Diane was taking medication for epilepsy. “We moved into the house, it wasn’t finished but it was liveable. “ ( IS)​

1995?
move into unfinished bassingbourn house after living in caravan" ( IS) .​

no dates given for “Diane then had another epileptic fit, she was in hospital, but the consequence of that was serious. “She was banned from driving for three years. She made up her mind that she wasn’t going to go back to work and was going to be a stay at home mum. “( IS)

IS stops work and has a disabled parking badge around this time. I’ve had a blue (disabled) badge when driving for 18/19 years​
Critical illness plan pays out 75% of salary, at c. £1.9k p.month.

Please add or post corrections. TX

So alyce?- he got the wedding date wrong?

Snipped from Squamous post

Seriously, the crest-ruffling gif was one of my favourite thread moments.

I'll second that ......... ol cone head

Interestingly, his crest-ruffle was the prompt for the comment on is fb about him being some kind of evil Woody Woodpecker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please remember - locations given in the BMD indexes are the Registration Districts where events take place.
Not necessarily the exact town or village.

lol yes I think so. I have the record of it being October 1986 - registered in Chesterfield , Derbyshire
and Milly also posted this date.

I thought it odd when he said married in 2005. As the record shows 2006. He seems to forget some things - that, Helen's birthdate, colour of eyes etc - yet in tge witness box seemed to have very clear recall about other things.

Very generous and compassionate observation, Michelle - all that was best about Helen. Think people forget how relatively young the boy are, and now their enduring nightmare of a father in prison.

lol yes I think so. I have the record of it being October 1986 - registered in Chesterfield , Derbyshire

Fancy that ! yes i put in red Milly and then changed it to Alyce. Hard to track when ur indenting and bolding with this crazy interface. I'll put 2005 - 2010 Timeline up tomorrow - have got it saved in Word - bit time-consuming although I do like clarity.

I couldn't find when he bought the eternity ring in Greece. maybe after 10 yr anniversary?

I first posted it weeks ago in fact!

Presumably as DL was born in Sheffield, they were married up there near where she was from, with family etc.

I first posted it weeks ago in fact!

Presumably as DL was born in Sheffield, they were married up there near where she was from, with family etc.

Yes it's really time consuming to go through the threads to bring it all into one place .

what do u mean milly by post 1631 with those dates? have I missed something ?

I thought it odd when he said married in 2005. As the record shows 2006. He seems to forget some things - that, Helen's birthdate, colour of eyes etc - yet in tge witness box seemed to have very clear recall about other things.

1986/5, surely?

Nov 16 1960
IS born “Stewart tells jurors he was born in Letchworth Garden City.”( IS)​

Diane born in Sheffield. ( B'day is on FB page if anyone wants to add.)​

Sept 1972 - Jul 1979
Attends X Grammar school ( IS) Powertool may know school name.​

Oct 1979 - M/Jun 1982
Salford University, in year 3 meets Diane Lem. ““I graduated with a first class honours in electronic computer systems and got the course prize.​

1981 - 85
Diane at Salford Uni ( Languages, 4 year course ) Graduates May/June 1985​

Accident at Stevenage Leisure Centre, compo claim of £7k awarded later. ( later used for mortgage 1 says IS)​

Upon “....graduation with a first, job in Hitchin working for computer process control.” At some subsequent point he says he went for an interview at Cambridge University and went to study for a PHD in computer graphics.“ He never completed his PHD because he was "offered a job he could not turn down" “I began working for a small company that made systems for motor engine analysis. (IS)​

May/Jun 1985
On completion of her degree Diane moves to Cambridge where IS is based. “It didn’t go down well with her parents at the time. “We bought our first house together right in the centre of Cambridge.” and “In 1985 Diane and I got married. We had a nice traditional wedding. We moved into a semi-detached house.( IS)​

Oct 1986
Diane marries IS. “We moved into a semi-detached house. “I began working for a small company that made systems for motor engine analysis. “I was working outside of Cambridge and needed a car. Before either of the lads were born I bought an MG. My interest in those type of cars continued until Jamie was born. “​

Diane pregnant with first child. IS claims she has high BP and a seizure.”had very high blood pressure. “She was out shopping and had a fit then and there. I was called to hospital. “Jamie was not a natural birth, he was born by C section. It was a bit of a panic.” ( IS)​

1992 ( April)
Eldest born. Cambridge residence.” I got another job at a much bigger company, based in Shepreth, about 10 miles from Cambridge. “ IS​

1994/5
IS claims onset of symptoms of undiagnosed MG. Admitted and diagnosed in 95.​

youngest born,” In May 1995. Diane was taking medication for epilepsy. “We moved into the house, it wasn’t finished but it was liveable. “ ( IS)​

1995?
move into unfinished bassingbourn house after living in caravan" ( IS) .​

no dates given for “Diane then had another epileptic fit, she was in hospital, but the consequence of that was serious. “She was banned from driving for three years. She made up her mind that she wasn’t going to go back to work and was going to be a stay at home mum. “( IS)

IS stops work and has a disabled parking badge around this time. I’ve had a blue (disabled) badge when driving for 18/19 years​
Critical illness plan pays out 75% of salary, at c. £1.9k p.month.

Please add or post corrections. TX

Hi all,
It's been a while since I've posted, but read every single post. I have become addicted to WS.

IS attended Letchworth Grammer School. The original school near the town centre closed in the summer of 1976 and we all moved to a new school (named Fearnhill School) located on the outskirts of Letchworth.
I have a school photo (one of those three foot wide whole school ones) which IS appears in, but not sure if I'm allowed to share a scan of it here.

I also think the Stevenage Leisure Centre glass door incident occurred later than 1978 as it was after we left Fearnhill.
I'm thinking early eighties, but if anyone knows how to look at archive front pages of the Stevenage Comet newspaper, you'll see the report together with photos of IS and what was left of the door.

Am still lurking and reading here but just needed a break from thinking too much about everything that's happened.

My only wish now is to see IS charged with the murder of Diane if enough evidence is gathered. I am not sure they will be able to prove it though and if she DID die at his hand then I want justice for her. I am guessing that police might be able to say that the evidence they gather does or does not point towards guilt but am not sure they will have enough to go to court with.
It might be enough for her family to know the evidence suggests one option or another so they have some answers but I don't know. At least he is safely (or not) tucked up where he can never harm another woman again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member