GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
not finished break yet but ITV journo is still tweeting her backlog

[video=twitter;823504088574947328]https://twitter.com/ChloeKeedyITV/status/823504088574947328[/video]

12:18 KEY EVENT
DC Daines continues her evidence

There will now be evidence from Detective Constable Hollie Daines, who was half way through her evidence on Friday.

“On the conclusion of the interview and when the machines were switched off, Stewart said: ‘Am I still the main suspect? I must be, I must be a suspect’.

“We explained he wasn’t a suspect, but he was a key witness.

“There was a discussion about press conferences. We asked Stewart if he wanted to do an appeal to find Helen. “He wasn’t keen on the idea, he felt the media would twist anything he would have said and that a ‘no’ would soon end up being a ‘yes’.

“He said he might write onto Helen’s blog page as a way of reaching out to her, but we asked if he could hold off.

“Searches around the area had been taken place. He said he felt he should be informed of any searches taking place that included searches to his house, as he felt like he hadn’t been told anything.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-royston-12491486

12:20
Stewart 'cracked jokes with police'

DC Daines continued: “We spoke to him about wanting to do a further interview with him, he couldn’t understand why.

“Then he said ‘well maybe you don’t want to tell me as you want to surprise me, catch me off guard’.

“We explained to him that this wasn’t the case - we were trying to get as much information about Helen’s lifestyle.

“Once the interview was finished he became much less anxious. He started to crack some jokes with us.”

Yes, got no idea what to make of that Cherwell, but Mum has given quite a description of small ailments over a number of years.

My thought was that they didn't see or interact with Helen much, reading between the lines from the evidence last week ( and I could be totally wrong ).
So perhaps if Helen was tired and sleeping they would just think she was working or having an early night and as it didnt hinder their activities, they didnt give it a second thought.
Also, we have been told that Helen was quite a private person so she probably didnt mention to the sons if she was feeling ill in any way.

Having said that, it might have been useful to ask them for a general impression, but somehow I doubt there would have been much info forthcoming.

“On the conclusion of the interview and when the machines were switched off, Stewart said: ‘Am I still the main suspect? I must be, I must be a suspect’. what a naive thing to say

I think that's very interesting - perhaps they would not have been able to offer any evidence as they didn't see much of Helen.

They may have had to be extremely sensitive in the circumstances when questioning the boys.

Sounds like they're trying to prove that Helen's symptoms had started before IS got the sleeping tablet prescription, but of course he may have been using his 2010 stash first and only gone to get another prescription when they ran out.
The length of time Helen had been ingesting the sleeping tablets would be clear from hair analysis.

12:20
Stewart 'cracked jokes with police'

DC Daines continued: “We spoke to him about wanting to do a further interview with him, he couldn’t understand why.

“Then he said ‘well maybe you don’t want to tell me as you want to surprise me, catch me off guard’.

“We explained to him that this wasn’t the case - we were trying to get as much information about Helen’s lifestyle.

“Once the interview was finished he became much less anxious. He started to crack some jokes with us.”

Of course he did. After all it was quite a hilarious situation (not!)

“On the conclusion of the interview and when the machines were switched off, Stewart said: ‘Am I still the main suspect? I must be, I must be a suspect’. what a naive thing to say

and his line about you want to catch me off guard

From week 1 toxicology re hair and timescales of meds admin

The hair specimen was 35cm in length and analysed in four segments. This allowed us to concentrate on a timescale of early January 2016 through to early March 2016.

Forensic toxicologist tells court sleeping drug would take around 4 weeks to show in hair samples as the case with Helen Bailey

12:24
Questions about Boris

“On April 23, there was an arrangement to see Stewart again. We went to the house, he was there with his son Jamie.

“The keys to the Broadstairs house were returned to him.

“We asked some general questions about items that could be missing - as we were still dealing with a missing person’s enquiry.

“He gave us as much information as he could at that time.

“We also spoke about Boris the dog, we were asking about the dog’s lead and any favourite toys that would have gone with them as well.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-royston-12491486

12:25
'I found him rude and dismissive'

DC Daines is being asked about Stewart’s demeanor during this time.

“I found his behaviour generally unexpected at times, he’d already snapped at me a couple of times when I asked him to do an interview, he grinned at me I found that quite odd.

“I found him rude and dismissive. I felt a certain unease about it.”

The length of time Helen had been ingesting the sleeping tablets would be clear from hair analysis.

I will have a search back, later, for that evidence but from memory there was mention of up to 16 weeks evidence from the hair samples, with the rider that the earliest hair sample might have been contaminated and therefore narrowing it down to 12 weeks.

When you take into account that IS only got the prescription on January 24, 2016 - which was exactly 11 weeks before Helen died - there is a possibility that he had been using an earlier supply of tablets.

eta Cotton Weaver has posted it up - Post 290 - I will leave mine here as it gives the date of the prescription.

“We also spoke about Boris the dog, we were asking about the dog’s lead and any favourite toys that would have gone with them as well.”

I read such questions as cops psyching him out TBHonest.

12:26
The Major Crime Unit takes charge

“On April 26 my colleague and I were informed the major crime unit would be taking over the investigation.

“We were asked to maintain being contact officers with Stewart, and continue to try and obtain another interview.

“We returned in the afternoon on April 28 to obtain some property of Helen’s we might be able to get DNA from.

“On that day we attended, Ian was there, and I seized a few items.

“We had contact again on May 2, 4, 6. On May 4 was when the second interview took place.”

will be very interested to see some of the interrogation video the jury are now watching, when this is all over.

Now off to my lunch and work! Afternoon session on offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice