GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well! Here we are. Seems all those red flags Tortoise and I raised were bone fide ref flags and we have ourselves one bone fide individual with an antisocial personality disorder. Having viewed some of the trial transcripts I do wonder where on the APD spectrum he rests. I'm leaning more towards psychopathy than sociopathy.

Either way, both personality types are effectively in a state of arrested development. Usually somewhere between the ages of 6-12. This is why so many comments from this forum focus on how he can spout such obvious BS to a jury and the wider world which includes Helen's family as well as his own. The answer is because he is pathologically constrained by his APD. The self control of a sociopath is only relative, that it is difficult for them and can slip at any time under the right pressure given the constraints they operate within. IS is a perfect example of this. Even though he managed to maintain the facade of being a "normal" likeable guy he could not help being a malingerer; he could easily form meaningful relationships but he could not sustain them. Both ended in catastrophic failure. His pathological self delusion and impulsiveness have placed him in a position where he is forced to lie, obfuscate, and even tailor his evidence when forced to admit he'd lied. ( i.e the note that was never left).

This is now essentially a slam dunk for the prosecution team as I suspected from the beginning. His counter explanation to the overwhelming circumstantial evidence does not constitute a reasonable doubt in any way, shape or form. This man will never be released and will most likely die in prison.

I'm sorry but if I was in that court room I'd be pissing myself laughing out loud at this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were his family I would have to shout out "For God's sake just stop it!. Seriously. Stop it now!"

So true. My understanding is that it can also work in the reverse if a murderer pleads guilty. The little piece of filth that murdered my Aunt (also Godmother) got life, with about five years deducted for pleading guilty. In fact he had no option due to DNA, fingerprints and copious amounts of blood all over him. CCTV footage picked him up shopping for clean clothes. He also got a further three years off due to his 'young' age - WTF was that all about?! I still rage about it. At least he subsequently had to be moved to a more secure prison after being slashed across the face by another prisoner.

So, IS will probably have an even longer mandatory sentence imposed due to his own arrogance - at least I hope so!?

The courts look favourably on people who plead guilty at the outset as it saves a lot of time and a huge amount of money, hence the discount of 5 years.

Maybe then, if he was in 3 groups he will have had a handful of dates in the interim period.

( If his wife died c. October 2010 and he is "seeing" Helen c. August of 2011, or december 2011)
Yes, several

Yes we thought NM's story was unbelievable but this one takes the biscuit.

IS may as well throw a couple of vampires and werewolves into the story.

Can't imagine IS knowing (or being capable of knowing) the concept or meaning of deus ex machina, but he's certainly doing a good demonstration.

This has gone beyond a joke now and is an insult to the memory of Helen and the intelligence of her family. And a total waste of police, judge, lawyers and jury's time and effort.

Lou x

I am going to have to catch up at my lunch time. Seriously can't read this just now. I can see the cross examination now..... I think he's going to humour IS and help him dig a bigger hole, if that's even possible. I'd be very surprised if anyone in that court can keep a straight face at this. I feel for his family and Helen's family right now. He's making a mockery of Helen and he's shaming his family. I've no doubt he's telling this story thinking that it's credible as well.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11:05
'I was confused all the time, thinking things had happened when they hadn't'

“I spoke to various other nurses and psychiatrists after this.

“On April 21 I was seen by the police contact officers, Dc Daines and Dc Lockwood.

“Jamie said: ‘It’s been eight days now and police have been here almost every day’.

“My memory of detail wasn’t good at this time, I was getting confused all the time and thinking things had happened when they hadn’t. I couldn’t remember any of my passwords.

“Soon after (April 22) police were talking about having a video recorded interview with me. I was exhausted by this time.

“Police arrived before this asking to drain the septic tank.

“More police officers turned up, then the two detectives turned up. “I got quite cross, I almost told them to get lost at that point, I thought ‘I couldn’t deal with you too’.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-ian-12578906

'I carried on texting Helen, it was a communication trail.'

Yes, we did realise why you were doing it, but it didn't fool anyone.

The courts look favourably on people who plead guilty at the outset as it save a lot of time and a huge amount of money.

Yes I can see that, although it took me a while to get my head round that aspect when it was so close to home.

Does he have notes he is referring to? Remarkable recall of detail...

11:05
'I was confused all the time, thinking things had happened when they hadn't'

“I spoke to various other nurses and psychiatrists after this.

“On April 21 I was seen by the police contact officers, Dc Daines and Dc Lockwood.

“Jamie said: ‘It’s been eight days now and police have been here almost every day’.

“My memory of detail wasn’t good at this time, I was getting confused all the time and thinking things had happened when they hadn’t. I couldn’t remember any of my passwords.

“Soon after (April 22) police were talking about having a video recorded interview with me. I was exhausted by this time.

“Police arrived before this asking to drain the septic tank.

“More police officers turned up, then the two detectives turned up. “I got quite cross, I almost told them to get lost at that point, I thought ‘I couldn’t deal with you too’.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-ian-12578906

Selective amnesia . He couldn't remember any of his passwords... but thankfully remembered Helen's

Is IS providing us with the 'alternative facts' that Trump's press adviser tells us we should be listening to?

11:10
'I didn't tell police about Nick and Joe because I feared for Helen'

“I wanted the police gone because I wanted it easy for Helen to get back with Joe or get back by herself.

“Throughout all these procedures I knew Helen wasn’t there and it was a waste of time, but I knew they just had to do their job.

“I sat in Helen’s study and watched them because that became too much because they were picking up every piece of paper.

“In the end I went upstairs and laid down and let them get on with it.

“I didn’t think at any stage I could tell them: ‘In fact Helen’s not here, she has been taken by Nick and Joe.’

“My concern was ‘don’t tell them, because Helen’s going to be back soon’.

“If I told police, I feared for Helen.

“I was surprised police had taken over Helen’s study.

“In the police interview I told them Helen left a note but I missed out Nick and Joe.”

11:10
'I didn't tell police about Nick and Joe because I feared for Helen'

“I wanted the police gone because I wanted it easy for Helen to get back with Joe or get back by herself.

“Throughout all these procedures I knew Helen wasn’t there and it was a waste of time, but I knew they just had to do their job.

“I sat in Helen’s study and watched them because that became too much because they were picking up every piece of paper.

“In the end I went upstairs and laid down and let them get on with it.

“I didn’t think at any stage I could tell them: ‘In fact Helen’s not here, she has been taken by Nick and Joe.’

“My concern was ‘don’t tell them, because Helen’s going to be back soon’.

“If I told police, I feared for Helen.

“I was surprised police had taken over Helen’s study.

“In the police interview I told them Helen left a note but I missed out Nick and Joe.”

Milly, another excellent job. Many thanks.

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 28s28 seconds ago

#helenbailey Ian Stewart tells court he next saw Joe & Nick 26 April. They assaulted him & demanded access to garage & jeep

Convenient week end away at Snooker coming up !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member