GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick tally of votes from the Slewth Poll:

Question 1

GR/bf 6 (one vote stipulated "with aid of woman")
CJ (alone or with assistance) (perhaps related to 1974 case) 3
member of Bristol social circle (rowing club perhaps) 1
young male stranger 1

from Slewth, last thread:

What might be useful, or at least keep things fresh at this stage, would be a snapshot of members' views (one line answers only) on such questions as:

1. Who did it?
2. What was the motive?
3. What was the time of death?
4. What happened to the pizza?
5. When was the body was dumped?

It would be interesting to see the extent of agreement - or disagreement!

If you haven't voted, now's the time; use initials please (I know, I know - but I have my reasons); if you have voted and changed your mind, well, vote again! "Vote early, vote often," as used to be said by my Democrats here.

1. bf
2. obsession
3. 8pm
4. eaten by perb disposed package in car
5. 4 days before found

THE boyfriend of Jo Yeates spent a joyful weekend visiting his twin nieces...
...Neighbours yesterday said Gregʼs sister-in-law, Helen, gave birth to Alice and Beth in September.

I have yet to finish reading this but this may be the alibi.

Nah, at three months old they're not going to give a reliable alibi.

I'll get me own coat.

A quick tally of votes from the Slewth Poll:

Question 1

GR/bf 6 (one vote stipulated "with aid of woman")
CJ (alone or with assistance) 2
member of Bristol social circle (rowing club perhaps) 1
young male stranger 1

If you haven't voted, now's the time; use initials please (I know, I know - but I have my reasons); if you have voted and changed your mind, well, vote again! "Vote early, vote often," as used to be said by my Democrats here.

I voted early [on day one] and I've made a different vote since.
I wish we could go for the SV system http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contingent_vote ;)
I've gone back and forth between GR and LL/PS but I'll nail my colours to my first mast:
Sod, it, no I'm going with my second thoughts.

1. CJ/PS [one of the two acted alone in the murder but was helped by other's complicity, related to both of them knowing what happened in 1974]
2. A sexual kick from the sense of power got by their killing somebody, unpremeditated and sparked by memories of what happened nearly four decades before.
3. Roughly 9pm.
4. Eaten by killer, shared with JY or alone, but not cooked in JY's flat.
5. Late Friday night by one person.

1. CJ/PS [one of the two acted alone in the murder but was helped by other's complicity, related to both of them knowing what happened in 1974]
2. A sexual kick from the sense of power got by their killing somebody, unpremeditated and sparked by memories of what happened nearly four decades before.
3. Roughly 9pm.
5. Late Friday night by one person.

Noted to reflect in my tally above.

(After a certain amount of time one can't, for whatever reason, edit one's posts here, so I'll post a new entry when that happens.)

Originally Posted by MrZhivago
3. Roughly 9pm.
5. Late Friday night by one person.++

Hi Everyone... I have been gone all day.. just checking in...
Mr. Z.. we are almost identical in our selections.... that is unless I change my mind.. it is easy to do...

Originally Posted by MrZhivago
3. Roughly 9pm.
5. Late Friday night by one person.++

Hi Everyone... I have been gone all day.. just checking in...
Mr. Z.. we are almost identical in our selections.... that is unless I change my mind.. it is easy to do...

You and me v the world!
Yep, well we'll see.
My mind is so on a knife-edge between two theories, and I'm reckoning you likewise.
It's like schizophrenia. Well, more or less, but without my hearing voices and then killing everybody. [Um, joke...]

more great posts guys/gals keep em coming ;)

Have just caught up with the thread, it dont take long to stick another 3 or 4 pages on !!! LoL

Am just gonna read the latest news articles & will get back if i find anything i believe significant to our sleuthing. Otherwise its off to bed soon for me hopefully & will be back later today sometime.

Being new here I am struggling with the initials> I know who GF is and L/E but not sure of any of the others. I would be grateful for a little inventory pls.
I am loving these forums
Thanx

I will update the list if anyone is missing or any new suspects/witness's enter the fray.

1)LP or some other half known local male
2)Jealousy & mysoginy erupting into spur of the moment unplanned passion (an "if i cant have you no-one can" type thing)
3)Roughly 9pm (time of reported Screams)
4)Killer took it away either half cooked or half eaten, with packaging & disposed in random wheelie bin
5)That night before or during first snow, probably alone but possibly with help of trusted friend who was called on in a panic

I'm still trying to sort through the information to decide who may be responsible. I was leaning towards the boyfriend, but with the new information that he was not only visiting his brother, but also his wife and new twins, I think the idea of the brother giving a false alibi is becoming less likely. I am also very intrigued by the 999 call reporting an unusual vehicle traveling up and down the road 4 times and 36 hours before Joanna was reported missing - a report made to police about suspicious activity along the road after Joanna was put there, and before she was reported missing.

The implication is that whoever did this put her along the side of the road late at night and was looking for the spot the next day, perhaps to see if she could be found ... returning to the scene of the crime to be sure the tracks were covered. I'm also wondering if this crime was committed by someone that has little experience with this - like a first major offence. I have to wonder if she was attacked with the intention of sexual assault, but screams and struggles were unexpected by the murderer, so he murdered her before he could follow through on his plans. That would also also explain why she was left on the side of the road, pretty much in plain sight - aside from the snow. Returning to the scene of the crime seems like something someone would do when the plan went south, and they had to unexpectedly improvise.

So, I was leaning towards the boyfriend, now I'm wondering if it could have been someone that was looking for opportunity and Joanna, walking alone, fit the criteria.

Welcome back to the discussion Bluepanther -

just wanted to add, did anybody notice that on the Skynews website & The Sun newspaper website they have stopped readers from writing comments under this story ?? I remember the first week when Jo was still only reported as missing loads of people kept posting stuff like 'definitely the bf' etc ...

Goodnight, everyone, brilliant sleuthing you've done today - will tally up overnight (in U.S. anyway) votes tomorrow for Slewth Poll.

I am starting to lean towards the CAG as the perp, for the moment i will leave my 1-5 as already posted, but i might have to do an update soon.

Me thinks an arrest is immininent :detective:

Nite wfgodot & gang - lets hope for some developments whilst we catch some sleep, then the debate can really hot up !!!

The police appear to be releasing information to newspapers via anonymous detectives.
The DNA from saliva and the suspicious car are the the latest two leaks.

When was the last police press conference regarding this case?

I hope the anonymous detectives aren't residing in a reporters imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay