GUILTY UK - Katie Rough, 7, killed by teen, Woodthorpe, York, 10 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This crime keeps bringing back memories of the murder of Derrick Robie at the hands of Eric Smith in New York. The boys were only 13 and 4, but Derrick was lured to the woods by a park where he was murdered. I can't help but wonder if the place where Katie was attacked is a place where kids in the area often play, which would have made it easy to get Katie to go there with the older girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was that alleyway the only way in? that might be why the teen was confused if she came through the alley and found herself somewhere unfamiliar....she may usually use another entrance

from what i've seen the field has a dog waste bin....popular with dog walkers then
football goalposts....boys/girls go there to play football

it didn't lead anywhere...or go anywhere....nothing of interest at all
some locals have said that children often play in the fields in this area. my guess is Katie was out playing just before it got dark

attachment.php
nintchdbpict000293482811.jpg

attachment.php

It appears there is only one direct entrance/exit through the gate. Which is where Katie appears to have been located.

Attachments

• d87de648a22f0d1672d5ca218f82a07032fc1f080cfd9bae775a4b1234889db8_3867364.jpg
    d87de648a22f0d1672d5ca218f82a07032fc1f080cfd9bae775a4b1234889db8_3867364.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 363
hmm now I'm wondering if there were any other children playing in the field? You'd imagine so.

on google it shows a grassy path leading away.(top part) if its popular with dog walking i'd think it would lead out for a good walking distance. not just a playing field to walk round, if you see what i mean.

on google it shows a grassy path leading away.(top part) if its popular with dog walking i'd think it would lead out for a good walking distance. not just a playing field to walk round, if you see what i mean.

Yes just saw that, it is very long, it wouldn't make sense though why walk all that way to kill her as you get to the exit. It would make sense to do it further in.

The way I understand it is that she's been seeing mental health professionals since[/] the murder.

There is an article stating she had been known to have mental health problems and had been under the care of a MHT.

she possibly tried to run away

I thought of that but then she would have lacerations to her back. They only state her having lacerations to the chest and neck. So it doesn't seem possible, unless she ran, was grabbed and turned around but then she would have had more lacerations to possibly the arms, hands, and collarbones as she struggled.

There is an article stating she had been known to have mental health problems and had been under the care of a MHT.
Do you have a link? Not being snarky, I've just only read that she's been seeing them since the incident.

Knowing kids the way I do, I'm wondering if it was planned at all. My first thought was that the older girl was going to do something she wasn't supposed to or just to get away from people for a while (more likely if she was being treated for anxiety or depression), and Katie wanted to go with her. I know I drove my sister nuts, my younger son did the same with his older brother and many other kids I've known did the same by following along where we weren't wanted. I know I got hit many times for not going home and giving my sister some privacy, although nothing life threatening ever happened. Even if the girls weren't sisters, young kids do often idolize older kids and sometimes act like unwanted shadows.

The other thing I wanted to mention is something that's really not my business, but I thought I'd post a reminder anyway since there are some very new posters. Not only are we supposed to make sure we're posting about the correct person (thinking of the parents and the couple who lost the son in 2005), but we're also not supposed to sleuth family or friends of the victims or suspects (or use the full names of other children, if I remember correctly). I don't think anything posted so far has really crossed the line too far, but it might be a good idea to keep it in mind.

MOO

Do you have a link? Not being snarky, I've just only read that she's been seeing them since the incident.

Found another link obviously these article must be read with caution.
http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/news-stories/girl-charged-murdering-katie-rough-30342

They say Katie was walking through a field on her way home from school when she was attacked. This is the first article I've seen to state that, and also that the 15yo had mental health problems and was being treated.

Found another link obviously these article must be read with caution.
http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/news-stories/girl-charged-murdering-katie-rough-30342

They say Katie was walking through a field on her way home from school when she was attacked. This is the first article I've seen to state that, and also that the 15yo had mental health problems and was being treated.

I think that article might have some facts incorrect. I do not believe Katie was walking home from school. Other articles have stated that her mother had seen her 45 minutes earlier. So I believe Mum had picked her up already. JMO

Having worked with CAMHS in York, the service is massively overstretched. If this 15 year old was under them she would likely have been having problems for over a year, as thats generally the minimum waiting time to be seen! If MH is a factor in this case, it really highlights the need for better children's Mental Health services in the UK :(

I cant explain about the photos. It isn't something caught in a second by the camera..... it's something I feel is pertinant to the case. I'll leave it there

I think that article might have some facts incorrect. I do not believe Katie was walking home from school. Other articles have stated that her mother had seen her 45 minutes earlier. So I believe Mum had picked her up already. JMO

I do believe her mom picked her up. It makes sense. I just found it odd that they would state that. It is slightly strange they haven't actually said what happened after school. The police asked for anyone with information between 3-5 but haven't said who picked her up or how she got home. The only other information where given is the mothers call at 16:50 stating Katie was missing and had been for 45 minutes.

Also it was 13 minutes prior when 15 yo placed her phone call meaning it was between 16:05 and 16:37 when she was left alone with the 15 yo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back