GUILTY UK - Katie Rough, 7, killed by teen, Woodthorpe, York, 10 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not seeing any other arrests. I think it was one troubled young teen that is responsible.

Do you think there are others involved?

I was more wondering about what has led to the teenager being so troubled.

No other arrests. There was one girl involved, they know who it was.

Katies mum is trying to attain witness statements for the missing half hour. They are unlikely to have given any details the 15 year old has confessed to to the parents as yet (given the apparent complex nature of the relationships in this case) and anything she does admit will not be backed up by witnesses at this time.

It should be allowed from this website:
'They went to Morrell court just off Foxwood Lane at approx 3.30pm to play in Morrell court. However approx 30 mins later after a frantic 999 call they were found in Alness drive with the younger girl having suffered very serious injuries.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...appeals-missing-30-minutes.html#ixzz4WE2Y8oAb

This changes the timeline slightly if Alison is looking for witnesses around 3:30pm – 4:00pm. MSM was quoting the first 999 call from the accused at 4:37pm and from Katie's mum 13 minutes later who said Katie had been missing for 45 mins. The accuracy of initial MSM reports is questionable, one stated Katie was found at 4:30pm.

Alison does suggest that the accused and the victim weren't where they were expected to be playing on Morrell Court, but half a mile away in an area which is accessed via a secluded woodland path (see my earlier post with map). To access that area via the path where Katie was found requires an extra 10 mins walk from Morrell court, the quickest route is via the woodland path suggesting that they didn't enter the area via the pathway where they were found but instead about half a mile across the field and up a path from a different road.

I don't think the assault occurred where Katie was found. The location in which Katie was found could have been the nearest housing area from the fields / woodland area if somebody needed help urgently. The fact that the accused was the first to call 999 and they were found in the same place suggests that after Katie suffered the injuries, they were both seeking help together and come from further into the field or woodland area after the incident.

So the question in my mind is about whether the two just being typical kids of that age and not playing exactly where they said they would be, but still local and in a well-known area - or did the accused deliberately lead the victim to that location with intent because it was the nearest secluded area to the housing estate and it was around sunset at that time? I think it makes a big difference and that’s why witnesses are sought for that time period.

And the knife explanation has two accounts that match with the above, it was either found just before the incident or in possession well in advance.

I would guess the accused has one of the following accounts of what happened, and I guess the family and the police are just as baffled as we are:

1. No comment
2. I don’t know / can’t remember what happened
3. Was playing, found the knife, accidental
4. Owned / carried / had easy access to a knife, got angry, didn’t realise how dangerous or serious it was going to be.
5. Deliberately took the knife and lured Katie to her death.

I wonder if there are any details being held back. And has there been an autopsy, any further details about COD released? I recall there were details about James Bulger's torture and murder held back simply because they were so awful :(

I may be reading into it too much but Alison's post seems to point to something deliberate, "she was taken and she was murdered". She didn't go by her own free will? and it definitely wasn't an accident? Again, she might know just as much as us, just thought her language was interesting

see tallmansix 's post # 429 for map.

Here is an aerial view of the field from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...appeals-missing-30-minutes.html#ixzz4WE2Y8oAb

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0828.JPG
    IMG_0828.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 393
Some interesting views on this very sad case but impossible to work out some facts,

1) I now don't understand the timescales, they said found at 4.30 by dig walkers, then culprit rang police at 4.37, but now it's been said to be at 4.00?? If her mum didn't see her for 45 minutes that would be 4.15? But then again it says she went out at 3.30 but kids only just get out at that time.

2) it is possible they did go to morrell court but took the long route maybe to see someone or cause it seemed a safer route but then opted to go through alness drive anyway, how far away is morrell park from foxwood?

3) I don't think Alison meant taken as in kidnapped as said above! She stated they would be happy and friendly, so she knew who she was with .

I think the 15 year old isn't the guilty one. Was Katie killed at the park or somewhere else earlier and placed there? Get ready for a huge twist coming.

Maybe there is a missing half hour because the girl can't remember?

Websleuths mods are wonderful but, I often wish we had one who was UK based to mod the UK threads so that they might be around more during regular UK hours. That way 'rule breakers and trouble makers' could be dealt with swiftly.

Skibs for Mod!![emoji8][emoji8]
Now back to catching up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the 15 year old isn't the guilty one. Was Katie killed at the park or somewhere else earlier and placed there? Get ready for a huge twist coming.

The 15 year old did it, as she admitted it at the time. She would not be going to trial if there was not significant evidence or a confession. Katie was killed where she was found.

I thought it was quite telling that the mum says the two would have been friendly with each other. Meaning at least outwardly the two got on.

Its possible that in the missing half hour theyve been somewhere with someone they shouldnt have been, and that the 15 year old may well be taking the blame to cover for someone shes frightened of.

I interrupted the half hour issue to mean they aren't getting any explanation for that time period from the 15 y/o so they're hoping any witnesses can help with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The use of the word 'person' in the appeal strikes me as odd. Is it a way of distancing themselves from/dehumanising the accused?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back