GUILTY UK - Kayleigh Haywood, 15, Ibstock, Leicestershire, 13 November 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it but sometimes reporters assume, or interpret something they've seen so you can't depend on everything out there. I really hate to say it but this kind of stuff tears me up. I can't imagine what her poor family's going through. It makes me wonder WTF is going on in some people's minds.

I know. It's still very frustrating & confusing though.

It tears me up to. Crazy world we live in. Nothing seems to shock or surprise me anymore! [emoji80]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is even stranger. Suggests somebody without access to a car because no way would you want the body so near your own home.

I'm trying to determine where George Avenue is in Ibstock and have it opposite the Working Mens Club. Is that right? These are new build houses and they don't exist on the older Google maps.

That house is also seriously CCTV'd up.

If I'm right about the house location and the Channel 4 reporter has the body location correct, Google suggests a 20 minute walk. Not 5 minutes?

I'm trying to determine where George Avenue is in Ibstock and have it opposite the Working Mens Club. Is that right? These are new build houses and they don't exist on the older Google maps.

That house is also seriously CCTV'd up.

If I'm right about the house location and the Channel 4 reporter has the body location correct, Google suggests a 20 minute walk. Not 5 minutes?

Hi TTWO - Skibs has done (as always) a great map. It is on post 684. Hope this helps.

I tend to believe the phone contact made with her mother was by message. First because if Kayleigh lied to her parents she would avoid a 'voice' conversation and also because the police took always Friday evening as 'last from Kayleigh'. Had she spoken to her mother I think they would take Saturday as the last time she was seen or in this case heard alive.

I posted this link earlier but am putting it up again now as the article has just been updated ( 17.27 hrs ) with a statement from LHs parents.

The parents of a man being questioned over the murder of missing schoolgirl Kayleigh Haywood have insisted 'he wouldn't hurt a fly'.

Luke Harlow is currently being questioned by police after he and another man, Stephen Beadman, were arrested on suspicion of murder.

But, speaking at their home in Coalville today, Mr Harlow's parents said that, although he knew Kayleigh, he wasn't involved in her disappearance.

His father Paul, a wood machinery plant supervisor, said: 'Luke knew Kayleigh, we don't know how long for.

'They'd talked before on Facebook, they were good friends I think. We don't know how often they talked.

'Luke told us Kayleigh was 19, that's what he told his sister too. We don't know if she lied about her age, or if he lied to us, but that's what he told us.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-missing-Kayleigh-Haywood.html#ixzz3rxbjx9dF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

But, speaking at their home in Coalville today, Mr Harlow's parents said that, although he knew Kayleigh, he wasn't involved in her disappearance.

snipped from my post 769

This might explain why LH was arrested in Coalville, but might still be the person who lives in the other house in Ibstock.

A car could travel along Pisca Lane and turn into the layby which leads to the section between the two lakes in the Park. Looking at the aerial shot shown in the DM article ( link posted earlier on here ) that seems to be the place where Kayleigh was found.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/L...ccfa7c469925125!2m2!1d-1.4101534!2d52.6957667

I'm not sure you have the correct location for where she was found. I think it is further north of Ibstock and a lane on the right leading to the field.

Rob WindscheffelVerified account ‏@RWindscheffel 6m6 minutes ago
The location of where Kayleigh Haywood's body was found was close to a pond just outside Ibstock

CULW2fHWUAAYYtY.jpg

https://twitter.com/RWindscheffel

Confused, that field and pond is not in the park

ETA: I'm going to take the word of this reporter as truth though, as he is the one who posted photo and video of forensics at the scene. Added location and details to The Map

just linking skibs post above with map to show the location.

ETA - that is definitely not a 5 minute walk away, looks like a 5 minute drive

Hi TTWO - Skibs has done (as always) a great map. It is on post 684. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I should have realised there was a map....

I was way out on where the house are though. To be fair to myself I got the info from Zoopla. *strikes Zoopla from list*

Ah thanks Tortoise. That is not the park at all. I have just deleted my post with the Google maps link as that will be misleading.

Have also edited my post talking about the pic of the lakes.

I suppose there could be a situation where LH is innocent, Kayleigh left him on the Saturday and SB picked her up. We can't make assumptions until they are charged. I don't feel that is what happened but we have to respect that it could be.

So, based on the original arrest time of Sunday night/Early hours of Monday morning, then do we expect an update tonight ?

I know the official cut off time of 96 hours is early hours of tomorrow morning but logically, allowing for meals and rest time, the police will probably run out of available hours some time this evening.

So, based on the original arrest time of Sunday night/Early hours of Monday morning, then do we expect an update tonight ?

I know the official cut off time of 96 hours is early hours of tomorrow morning but logically, allowing for meals and rest time, the police will probably run out of available hours some time this evening.

tonight or first thing tomorrow, they were given an extra 24 hours this morning.

I suppose there could be a situation where LH is innocent, Kayleigh left him on the Saturday and SB picked her up. We can't make assumptions until they are charged. I don't feel that is what happened but we have to respect that it could be.

I agree Tortoise. We seem to have picked up several differeing stories now regarding these two and my opinions have flipped from one to the other, in terms of guilt or otherwise.

I've had a break from WS since Becky's case, so am late to this.

My son actually told me about Kayleigh's case a couple of days ago - I hadn't heard anything about it, and we live just 10 miles from Ibstock. I guess the national news was flooded with stories relating to the Paris attacks and was easy to miss.

Such horrible news - another teenager's life stolen from her. Makes you want to keep your children locked up till they are 21 :(

I've also been having a break but, also had a nasty little accident with my eye 3 cornea lacerations so not up for reading too much have a lot to catch up on hope everyone is well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member