GUILTY UK - Kempsey, found in a septic tank, Jul'19, missing in 1982 - Brenda Venables *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He only got 3 years?!?

I’ll admit, Bethan, in the back of my mind it wasn’t pigs it was chickens. I think I was told at the time he’d scattered her remains amongst the chickens.

Who knows!! It was 34 years ago, I was only a kid. The trial transcripts must be available somewhere.

He only got 3 years?!?

I’ll admit, Bethan, in the back of my mind it wasn’t pigs it was chickens. I think I was told at the time he’d scattered her remains amongst the chickens.

Who knows!! It was 34 years ago, I was only a kid. The trial transcripts must be available somewhere.

Yes CMC, you’re right!

Intriguing how these stories change & are exaggerated when told & re-told....like Chinese whispers!

I’m amazed at the sentence, considering the lengths he went to to conceal the crime.

Just wondering what has happened to the identification of the body in this case. No updates at all it seems.

Re the Melanie Hall case, today police have said they found DNA on some blue rope tying up the bag her remains were found in 10 years ago, I hope this case doesn't take 10 years to find DNA also from a bag.

This is the only recent news item I could find, from October 23 - a round up report from South Worcestershire Police re their crime stats. Doesn't really add much but hopefully means it is still ongoing.

A murder investigation was also launched following the discovery of the body of Brenda Venables, missing since 1982, at a property in Kempsey in July.

South Worcestershire 'still safe' despite rise in murder and manslaughter cases

This is the only recent news item I could find, from October 23 - a round up report from South Worcestershire Police re their crime stats. Doesn't really add much but hopefully means it is still ongoing.

A murder investigation was also launched following the discovery of the body of Brenda Venables, missing since 1982, at a property in Kempsey in July.

South Worcestershire 'still safe' despite rise in murder and manslaughter cases

Well at least we are periodically keeping the thread alive so hopefully it won't be forgotten and swept under the carpet.

Any chance the UID is not BV?
I wouldn't put any money on it.

This was what police said when they arrested her husband, 18 days after the discovery:

A force spokesman said detectives were still awaiting DNA results but "the general circumstances lead us to believe" that the remains are likely to be those of Mrs Venables.
Murder arrest over remains found in septic tank

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back