GUILTY UK - Kempsey, found in a septic tank, Jul'19, missing in 1982 - Brenda Venables *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA tests completed on human remains found in Kempsey

TESTS have been completed on human remains found in a septic tank in Kempsey in July last year.

A spokeswoman for West Mercia Police said: "We have had the results of the DNA testing.

"The investigation is on-going, and we are not able to release any further information at this time."

BBM

That's puzzling. So they know if it's Brenda or not but they aren't going to say either way? Is that usual in this kind of investigation?

It is very puzzling news indeed, especially as it is so very similar to the news from December 9, 2019.

Police have finished DNA testing on human bones found in Kempsey which are believed to be the remains of Brenda Venables – but have not revealed the identity yet.

Police finish DNA testing on bones found in Kempsey – but no ID yet

I wonder what the difference is with today's news. Did they do more tests than DNA alone?
The good news is of course that they were able to extract DNA from the remains.

It is very puzzling news indeed, especially as it is so very similar to the news from December 9, 2019.

I wonder what the difference is with today's news. Did they do more tests than DNA alone?
The good news is of course that they were able to extract DNA from the remains.

I agree. It’s just getting very odd now.
I was going to ask for the thread title to be changed to Brenda’s name, but I feel I can’t really do that when the police are still not offering a definite ID.

True because it might not be Brenda.

Or it may be Brenda after all, because it is hard to believe that this is someone else. If for some reason, the DNA does not match, this could mean that biologically, Brenda isn't related to her family. Perhaps she was adopted or secretly taken in as a child of their own by her parents, and of course in such cases, the DNA would not match. But Brenda would still be Brenda.

My list of options:

1. Brenda has been identified as Brenda, the Police need more time to nail the perp
2. Brenda is not related to her - alleged - family and her birth family cannot be found
3. This isn't Brenda at all but someone else with or without a connection to the farm

At the beginning of an investigation it is hard to distinguish between options 2 and 3.

Or it may be Brenda after all, because it is hard to believe that this is someone else. If for some reason, the DNA does not match, this could mean that biologically, Brenda isn't related to her family. Perhaps she was adopted or secretly taken in as a child of their own by her parents, and of course in such cases, the DNA would not match. But Brenda would still be Brenda.

My list of options:

1. Brenda has been identified as Brenda, the Police need more time to nail the perp
2. Brenda is not related to her - alleged - family and her birth family cannot be found
3. This isn't Brenda at all but someone else with or without a connection to the farm

At the beginning of an investigation it is hard to distinguish between options 2 and 3.

All very good points!

It has been a year since the remains were found in the cesspit, and DNA investaigations were finished in February.

Today would be a good day to inform the public of the identity of this person and / or offer an explanation for the delay in doing so.

Justice for Brenda!

Is anyone in this thread willing to contact the police team dealing with this? Actually it would probably be best to contact the tabloids to ask who the body is....

One year on from bones discovery, Brenda Venables mystery still remains unsolved

A YEAR on from human bones being found in the village of Kempsey the case of a missing woman still is unsolved.

And police have said there are no updates regarding the case of missing Brenda Venables.

Last December police said they had finished DNA testing of the bones, but did not confirm the remains found were those of Mrs Venables.

Councillor David Harrison, who has lived in the village for more than six decades, said: “I would want to see this one solved, but it is like any police investigation, it is very difficult to get closures on some cases.”

A West Mercia Police spokesman confirmed there was no further updates, but the investigation remained ongoing.

The spokesman said one current line of enquiry was looking for aerial photographs from the time. The spokesman added an 86-year-old man was released under investigation, and that still remained his status.

BBM

More at link.

What on earth would they need aerial photographs from that era for?

The first thing that comes to mind, is any disturbances in the soil or landscape that could indicate a shallow grave or something in that direction. The body could've been dug up and relocated after a while. Just a wee theory.

The first thing that comes to mind, is any disturbances in the soil or landscape that could indicate a shallow grave or something in that direction. The body could've been dug up and relocated after a while. Just a wee theory.

that is definitely a theory. perhaps they know the body was put there later on

One year on from bones discovery, Brenda Venables mystery still remains unsolved

A YEAR on from human bones being found in the village of Kempsey the case of a missing woman still is unsolved.

And police have said there are no updates regarding the case of missing Brenda Venables.

Last December police said they had finished DNA testing of the bones, but did not confirm the remains found were those of Mrs Venables.

Councillor David Harrison, who has lived in the village for more than six decades, said: “I would want to see this one solved, but it is like any police investigation, it is very difficult to get closures on some cases.”

A West Mercia Police spokesman confirmed there was no further updates, but the investigation remained ongoing.

The spokesman said one current line of enquiry was looking for aerial photographs from the time. The spokesman added an 86-year-old man was released under investigation, and that still remained his status.

BBM

More at link.

This bit concerns me: "Last December police said they had finished DNA testing of the bones, but did not confirm the remains found were those of Mrs Venables." Why????!

Thanks for sharing this update but OMG why does it all seem sooo wishy washy?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back