GUILTY UK - Kempsey, found in a septic tank, Jul'19, missing in 1982 - Brenda Venables *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Husband of missing Worcestershire woman Brenda Venables charged with murder

''The function of the CPS is not to decide whether a person is guilty of a criminal offence, but to make fair, independent and objective assessments about whether criminal charges are appropriate.

"Criminal proceedings are now active, and there must be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could prejudice these proceedings."
rbbm.
Husband charged with murdering wife after remains found in septic tank
''Mr Venables will appear at Worcester Magistrates Court on 15 June.''

_108119338_hi055591234.jpg
The remains were found in a septic tank during a routine emptying, police said
"The alleged offences occurred between 2 May 1982 and 5 May 1982."

Farmer, 88, is charged with murdering wife, 48, whose remains were found in septic tank | Daily Mail Online

Well, better late than never.

"An 88-year-old farmer has been charged with murdering his wife whose remains were found in a septic tank 37 years after she went missing in 1982.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said David Venables is accused of killing Brenda Venables, 48, who was reported missing from the couple's then home at Bestmans Lane in Kempsey.

West Mercia Police launched a murder investigation after the grim find at the address in the Worcestershire village on July 12, 2019.

Mark Paul, head of the CPS' complex casework unit, said: 'The decision to authorise the charge against the defendant was made after careful consideration of all the available evidence of this complex case and determining that a prosecution is required in the public interest. "

Venables will appear at Worcester Magistrates' Court for the first hearing on June 15, the CPS said.

Took long enough! I wonder what the delay was, I guess they did presumably need to find some clear evidence to support the conclusion most of us reached when the body was first discovered and we heard about the farmer's missing wife... ok, I do realise putting two and two together isn't actually sufficient evidence for a court! ;)

I just hope this one reachs trial quickly, given his age, it'd be preferable if a conclusion could be reached while he's still around; even if he's found guilty, he's unlikely to live the length of any sentence that's given, but justice for Brenda by determining if he is guilty or not is the important thing. (Hopefully caveated that with enough "ifs" to be appropriate for the sub judice rules, after seeing other threads go a bit wrong lately)

Took long enough! I wonder what the delay was, I guess they did presumably need to find some clear evidence to support the conclusion most of us reached when the body was first discovered and we heard about the farmer's missing wife... ok, I do realise putting two and two together isn't actually sufficient evidence for a court! ;)

They probably also wanted to make sure the accused could be tried in a court of law. You can't successfully try someone who's incapable of understanding the charges or defending themselves; obviously an 88-year-old is more likely to be non compos mentis than the average accused. Imagine the hundreds of thousands of pounds they'd otherwise waste.

The article mentions the accused used to have a piggery on the farm. Are they alluding to that being involved in her death? Do pigs eat everything but the bones? Sorry to ask this.
Well according to my research on the matter pigs will eat bones, but they can't manage long bones and skulls, so they would need to be broken up first. So there you go, (runs off to delete search history)

Farmer, 88, is charged with murdering wife, 48, whose remains were found in septic tank | Daily Mail Online

Well, better late than never.

"An 88-year-old farmer has been charged with murdering his wife whose remains were found in a septic tank 37 years after she went missing in 1982.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said David Venables is accused of killing Brenda Venables, 48, who was reported missing from the couple's then home at Bestmans Lane in Kempsey.

West Mercia Police launched a murder investigation after the grim find at the address in the Worcestershire village on July 12, 2019.

Mark Paul, head of the CPS' complex casework unit, said: 'The decision to authorise the charge against the defendant was made after careful consideration of all the available evidence of this complex case and determining that a prosecution is required in the public interest. "

Venables will appear at Worcester Magistrates' Court for the first hearing on June 15, the CPS said.
It seems like a long lead-in to the first court date, and then it will be referred to crown court. I bet he's not in custody.

Do we think he's entitled to special consideration for his age? It feels so half-hearted to me, they obviously sat on the results of the identification of the bones for well over a year. IMO

It seems like a long lead-in to the first court date, and then it will be referred to crown court. I bet he's not in custody.

Do we think he's entitled to special consideration for his age? It feels so half-hearted to me, they obviously sat on the results of the identification of the bones for well over a year. IMO

I had no idea he might be treated like this

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back