GUILTY UK - Kempsey, found in a septic tank, Jul'19, missing in 1982 - Brenda Venables *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On Tuesday, detectives arrested the pensioner in connection with the inquiry and officers spent much of yesterday at the bungalow where Mr Venables now lives in the village.

This morning, they were seen searching a Kia Ceed estate car parked on his driveway.

16712878-7305053-image-a-20_1564564330290.jpg

Police were today seen searching a car which was on the driveway of Mr Venables' home

16712884-7305053-image-a-21_1564564361400.jpg

Police remain outside Mr Venables' home this morning. He has been released from custody

Farmer arrested over body in septic tank is released pending investigation | Daily Mail Online

Searching car for what, I wonder? Traces of something he took to the tip following the discovery of his wife's body???

Wouldn't they rather search where he dumped whatever he dumped? I'm puzzled by the search of the car and the house. Maybe they determined a likely weapon during autopsy and are now hoping it is still in his posession?

Since she lived in the same house, it would not be surprising if her DNA was in that house or on items from that house, even after all these years. The search of the car is strange, it does not look like a model from the seventies / early eighties, or does it?

Since she lived in the same house, it would not be surprising if her DNA was in that house or on items from that house, even after all these years. The search of the car is strange, it does not look like a model from the seventies / early eighties, or does it?
Iirc he has only lived in that bungalow/ single story home for the past five years. So, unless he brought bits of her along with him when he moved, there probably wouldn't be any physical evidence of her in that home.
I wonder if LE have searched the farm house.

Iirc he has only lived in that bungalow/ single story home for the past five years. So, unless he brought bits of her along with him when he moved, there probably wouldn't be any physical evidence of her in that home.
I wonder if LE have searched the farm house.

I wasn't too clear ... I meant the farm where they both lived and the items he might have taken with him to the bungalow later. Moving is of course a great opportunity to get rid of things, and no one is surprised when you finally get rid of that old rug or couch, if that had not happened before already. Around here, single male farmers stick to their stuff, they just don't bother. I imagine it is the same in the UK.

The new owners may paint or rebuild a part of the house, new kitchen, new wiring, things like that but other areas remain untouched, you never know.

She didn't live in that house. He only sold the farmhouse and moved there 5 years ago. Unless he kept some of her belongings or still has furnishings - I don't know what they might be looking for. A weapon is the only thing I can think of too, as others have suggested. The car model is certainly not 80's either.
A tyre iron maybe?
You do tend to keep your tools when you move.
I can't help thinking their searches are 37 years too late.
MOO.

Last edited:
I suspect he was handling the emptying of the cesspit himself all these years and might have given quite specific instructions for its maintenance when he sold the property. This could have been the first time they drained it since they bought it. I can't imagine he hasn't obsessed over it. IMO.

I suspect he was handling the emptying of the cesspit himself all these years and might have given quite specific instructions for its maintenance when he sold the property. This could have been the first time they drained it since they bought it. I can't imagine he hasn't obsessed over it. IMO.

Makes sense....five years since the sale...about the average time ( so I’ve read ) to do a maintenance clean

He may well have expected to be dead by now. Held onto the farm house for as long as he could in his old age and then told the new owners he’d just done the cesspit when they moved in, thinking he might not be around when it was next emptied.

This is on the assumption he did it, of course.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back