GUILTY UK - Kempsey, found in a septic tank, Jul'19, missing in 1982 - Brenda Venables *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
3​
T20217099​
david venables​
Details:Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 13:00 - 10:36
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 12:49
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:00 - 12:54
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 14:00
Trial (Part Heard) - Jury retire to consider verdict - 14:04

what is happening? 4 minutes to instruct a jury seems rather short.
I suspect it's someone different updating the system and they are using the correct option, rather than just 'adjoured' all the time :rolleyes:

This quote by the family seems to have been missed from most of the media articles

I have taken it from Ched's link above

They spoke of their wish she had been able to leave the marriage and emphasised the support available to victims of domestic abuse,

Only sentence for murder: Life

The starting point for minimum jail time for murder in such circumstance is fifteen years. The sentence is then adjusted to take into account aggravating and mitigating factors.

Aggravating factors are then considered. Concealing the body of BV is the obvious one and possibly the length of time. The effect on family/friends not knowing, the impact on DV's nephew having been sold the farm by DV complete with BV's body and giving BV's ring to an unsuspecting family friend must have caused significant distress. These last two demonstrate a callousness, such as he treated BV in life and in death. All may be considered to be aggravating factors. I suspect the offence may have been pre-meditated but there was no solid evidence of this presented. So maybe +8 years.

The only mitigation I can see is DV's age. He looks to be in in excellent health for his age, so the infirmity with age seems to apply far less. So maybe -3 years

So in the order of twenty years less a few days on remand from today until sentencing.

All rather irrelevant though as life will mean life in this instance, no doubt.

This individual has all but cheated justice. For a man who enjoys the fresh country air and wide open spaces it will likely be a big shock to the system....like being thrown into a human cesspit....ironic justice!

MOO

Last edited:
Oh good, finally. I was thinking they might have been stuck. Will be interesting to see his sentence.
Well, whatever his sentence might be, we can be sure that at his age, it will be literally "life" one.

He practically "got away" with the murder.
Lived his life as he pleased.

I would think that the septic tank should have been the first to check by Police then.
Oh well...

RIP to the poor Lady.

Last edited:
Well, whatever his sentence might be, we can be sure that as his age it will be literally "life" one.

He practically "got away" with the murder.
Lived his life as he pleased.

I would think that the septic tank should have been the first to check by Police then.
Oh well...

RIP to the poor Lady.
Lousy police work....agreed. All I can say is that homes are, on the whole, thoroughly checked now before missing person investigations expand outwardly. Obviously some high risk reports will be 'action all areas' from the word 'go'.

RIP indeed Brenda Venables. Your story is now known.

Looking at the aerial image in the Daily Mail (link above), I can imagine that if the area around the septic tank had been allowed to get overgrown, rather than tidy and well-tended as it is now, it might have gone unnoticed. The concrete may have been completely covered with grass with only the inspection cover showing - and that could have been disguised in soem way.

Looking at the aerial image in the Daily Mail (link above), I can imagine that if the area around the septic tank had been allowed to get overgrown, rather than tidy and well-tended as it is now, it might have gone unnoticed. The concrete may have been completely covered with grass with only the inspection cover showing - and that could have been disguised in soem way.
But that would mean that Police only find bodies left in the open for everybody to see.

Why to attend Police Academy then?

Good detectives are never outsmarted even by the cleverest criminals.

And the more concealed place, the more suspicious.

Last edited:

Now Brenda's family have released a heartfelt statement paying tribute to her and revealing their 'utter horror and despair' at her murder.

They hit out at her killer's 'repugnant attitude to women' and expressed sorrow that the 'gentle' woman became 'increasingly cut off from her friends and family' during her marriage with him.

Venables, who was required to sit in the dock after previously being allowed to sit beside his legal team, remained composed but blinked several times after hearing the guilty verdict and then stared back towards the jury bench.

But that would mean that Police only find bodies left in the open for everybody to see.

Why to attend Police Academy then?

Good detectives are never outsmarted even by the cleverest criminals.

And the more concealed place, the more suspicious.

Well, they didn't find the septic tank, did they?
I'm imagining it naturally overgrown with grass.

Close to my house is a storm drain which runs from the road, past the whole of my garden and into a grassy field beyond, where it discharges into a ditch further down. There are inspection covers similar to the one on that septic tank, but they get completely overgrown by the grass. You need a spade to dig the turf off. I've had to show people where they are more than once, if you didn't know they existed you would be none the wiser.

Now obviously the cover can't have been that overgrown, because DV lifted it to hide the body. But if all of the concrete surround was under grass, it wouldn't have been that difficult to hide the rest.

For some years now the UK have had what are known as PolSa (Police Search Advisors). They are officers specially trained in how items of all sizes, including bodies/abducted persons can be concealed. This also includes items relating to criminal conduct and explosives. These days a PolSA would most likely be consulted by the officer with responsibility for the missing person investigation.

In terms of searching for people and bodies I would say that the UK's voluntary Mountain and Lowland Search and Rescue Teams are highly skilled. Using various search techniques depending on the terrain, search dogs and drones in close liaison with the Police, who always have primacy with missing persons.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiosities
Back