GUILTY UK - Kempsey, found in a septic tank, Jul'19, missing in 1982 - Brenda Venables *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the bones are not connected to Suzy Lamplugh and happened to be found in the same area that Cannen's mother used to live...that's just creepy.
Did his mum live in Pershore before she moved to Sutton?

Human remains found in septic tank at marital home of farmer whose wife vanished in 1982

Has this already been posted?

Ah I see it has.

Just regarding old cesspits. We had one in an old house we bought in 2006. We replaced it with all new septic tank and connections in about 2009. We then just left the old one for about 4 years until we were renovating an old barn next to it so we figured we would have to lift up the cover and get it emptied and filled in. Bearing in mind we had never emptied it and previous owners told us they hadn't either we were expecting to have to get it emptied. Anyway, we removed the lid on the chamber and the run off chamber and they were both empty except for a bit of dried mud in the bottom and a few small snakes like grass snakes. We left the top off for a bit, with a plank for the snakes to get out. No problem, as they had gone when we went back to the chambers, and we then filled them with rubble.

This was obviously not the same with this one, as it seemed it still had liquid in to be drained off. Wonder how long DNA will take?

A few more little comments about cess pits.

I was often told that chucking a dead rabbit in a cess pit helps with enzymes to break down the effluent. (Never done that though). Bleach down the toilets is not recommended as it kills these enzymes. Farmers do often empty their own cesspits or just dig another one. I am surprised this wasn't ever done in this case.

Last edited:
I was often told that chucking a dead rabbit in a cess pit helps with enzymes to break down the effluent. (Never done that though). Bleach down the toilets is not recommended as it kills these enzymes. Farmers do often empty their own cesspits or just dig another one. I am surprised this wasn't ever done in this case.

RS&BBM

I don't think it specifically has to be a rabbit, if this is true then any decomposing creature may do. Perhaps this explains why that cesspit in Kempsey had been functional for all these years. :( :( :(

If he had dug another pit, connected to the old one or at a different location with new pipes, the bag would possibly never have been discovered.

When our area was connected to the sewage system, my old neigbour kept his cesspit and simply had the overflow connected to the big sewage pipe. (We never suspected him of hiding anything and no one here is missing.) Earlier on, someone asked if it was customary in rural areas to hide bodies in cesspits or septic tanks. IMHO it is not, although it happens and chances of discovery are high, unless you play it smart and then you might get away with it for many years.

My own cesspit was a bit of a mystery. Some years it would fill up with sediment, but when we opened it after the house had been connected to the sewage system, the disconnected pit was clean and empty.

RS&BBM

I don't think it specifically has to be a rabbit, if this is true then any decomposing creature may do. Perhaps this explains why that cesspit in Kempsey had been functional for all these years. :( :( :(

If he had dug another pit, connected to the old one or at a different location with new pipes, the bag would possibly never have been discovered.

When our area was connected to the sewage system, my old neigbour kept his cesspit and simply had the overflow connected to the big sewage pipe. (We never suspected him of hiding anything and no one here is missing.) Earlier on, someone asked if it was customary in rural areas to hide bodies in cesspits or septic tanks. IMHO it is not, although it happens and chances of discovery are high, unless you play it smart and then you might get away with it for many years.

My own cesspit was a bit of a mystery. Some years it would fill up with sediment, but when we opened it after the house had been connected to the sewage system, the disconnected pit was clean and empty.
Exactly and this is what makes me think he maybe didn't know.

TBH looking at the location of it, anyone local could have just opened the lid and dumped the body in couldn't they? Unless the bones have signs of trauma, or bullet holes this will be a hard one to work out I think.

(See photos of cesspit cover in my previous link)

Last edited:
TBH looking at the location of it, anyone local could have just opened the lid and dumped the body in couldn't they? Unless the bones have signs of trauma, or bullet holes this will be a hard one to work out I think.
Anyone could have dumped the bones there. The farm is next to the M5 and is near the main road from Birmingham to Bristol (A38)

Last edited:
Anyone could have dumped the bones there. The farm is next to the M5 and is near the main road from Birmingham to Bristol (A38)
They would have to know the location though to know there was an accessable cess pit lid. It would not be random IMO.
I also wonder if there are family to get DNA from eg. Sisters and brothers, or nieces and nephews. The article states they did not have any children.

From the DM article above:

"Mrs Venables and husband David, who is now 86 and still lives in the area, ran a nursery on the site, while Mr Venables was said to have a piggery nearby. They were not thought to have any children.

Mr Venables declined to comment yesterday. As he returned to his £300,000 bungalow after taking rubbish to the tip in his car, he said: 'I have nothing to say on the matter.' "

:-0

They would have to know the location though to know there was an accessable cess pit lid. It would not be random IMO.
I also wonder if there are family to get DNA from eg. Sisters and brothers, or nieces and nephews. The article states they did not have any children.
Also, the house is at the end of a long driveway. One way in and one way out. I can't see a random dump job here. It is only a short drive to the river. Moo.

It would be an amazing coincidence if it was someone else.

Unless of course she was abducted by aliens. *wink*

Normally speaking, the location tells a lot about the perp.

animated-smileys-aliens-090.gif

If the DM article is to be believed, did they follow behind his car to the tip? Also, I cannot see police even allowing him to take stuff to the tip.

The other thing that makes me wonder is that it was reported in '82 they ran a piggery and I was wondering what condition the bones were in when recovered? They were in a bag but were they a complete skeleton or only partial?

I agree re location....plus isn’t it at the back of the farmhouse so not easy access from the road

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dark spaces
Back