GUILTY UK - Kempsey, found in a septic tank, Jul'19, missing in 1982 - Brenda Venables *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Villagers said body parts were discovered in a bag in a cesspit being drained during routine maintenance."

It's in the Daily Mail and other articles. A bit vague.

Eeeek so... if they ARE the remains of the farmers wife ... she definitely didn't put herself in a bag in the septic tank then!
No accidental fall in and die or suicide!

Frustrating for all that it will take a good while to complete ID

Eeeek so... if they ARE the remains of the farmers wife ... she definitely didn't put herself in a bag in the septic tank then!
No accidental fall in and die or suicide!

Frustrating for all that it will take a good while to complete ID

But...Gareth Williams put himself in a bag and died...didn't he? :eek:

51 miles isn't particularly close. Melanie Hall has nothing to do with this. It's the age old "Husband gets rid of wife and says she's gone missing in the night".
How do you know it's nothing to do with it? If the perp lived halfway between the two that's only 25 miles for each murder. The bones in a bag are a valid similarity that was mentioned so I linked the thread for the poster and others interested. Has the husband been declared a POI in this case and I missed it? It could have been a worker on the farm or an affair or any possibility.

Just found this case. The husband is of course always (or in most cases) a person of interest, but it could have been different too. I wait for the dna tests to come back and keep an open mind for now.

Do we know whether only bones were put in the bag or a whole body (that disintegrated over time, leaving only the skeleton)? If there's no indication of decomposition having taken place in the bag, where was the body stored previously?

The bag will be as interesting to LE as the bones themselves.

DNA inside bones and hair can remain for a very long time, fingerprints not.

How was it established that the bones are many years old, and not a more recent death? Do we know that? I might have overlooked it ...
I haven't seen how they determined the age. Perhaps by the state of decomposition. Can they carbon date them or do they have to be centuries old for that? Would a cesspit conserve rather than speed up decomp?

you cant be certain of anything....police are tight lipped on this

anyones guess right now is as valid as the next persons....saying 'no, its nothing to do with that person, this person did it' is laughable at this stage

it could literally be anyone

I found this which explains how they can tell if the skeleton is male or female

Analysing the bones: what can a skeleton tell you?
Very interesting. I knew the pelvis could be used to determine sex but never knew the specifics beforehand. So they will be able to also approximately age the skeleton by the info in the article too as well as detect any blunt or sharp trauma.

Like trying to link a murder from 51 miles away?!
I've posted this link on Melanie Hall's thread too. Several unsolved cases discussed in the article from March 2019 regarding serial killer Halliwell and suspected other victims.

Christopher Halliwell: double killer linked to Claudia Lawrence murder

Just showing how far the police believe the Swindon serial killer could have been operating.

(ETA Swindon to York = 215 miles)

Re this case, I am wondering if the bones/skeleton still had clothes on it?

Last edited:
you cant be certain of anything....police are tight lipped on this
anyones guess right now is as valid as the next persons....saying 'no, its nothing to do with that person, this person did it' is laughable at this stage
it could literally be anyone
I don't agree that it could be "literally anyone", as the septic tank is on secluded private property. Most people would not even know it existed, and would not easily be able to gain access to it.

I don't agree that it could be "literally anyone", as the septic tank is on secluded private property. Most people would not even know it existed, and would not easily be able to gain access to it.

The farms in the partnership are very large farms and would have workers, especially for haymaking, harvest etc. ATM we don't even know for sure who the victim is so to immediately suggest it is a particular person is a stretch. Whereas suggesting a known SK is within TOS.

Early in the thread, Suzy Lamplugh was ruled out. She was 25 when she went missing and I wonder if they know the approximate age of the female, based on the article recently posted by Tortoise, and so ruled Suzy out based on the info from the skeleton eg. Height, age etc.
MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pennypiper
Back