GUILTY UK - Kempsey, found in a septic tank, Jul'19, missing in 1982 - Brenda Venables *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From Tortoise's link above re. age.

"You might face a similar problem when looking at the skeleton. Until the age of about 30, your bones are still growing, and the ends of the shafts are fusing to short bone caps called epiphyses. Different epiphyses fuse at different stages of growth, so by looking at these an accurate age can be determined.

Just like the teeth, however, once adulthood sets in age is determined by wear and tear instead of growth. In particular, the pelvic bones and ends of certain ribs erode and deteriorate over time. However, these bones changes are quite slow, so the age estimates are less precise than for younger people. They are often categorised as either ‘young’ (20-35 years), ‘middle’ (35-50 years) or ‘old’ (50+ years)."

So the female is not aged in the first category "young" it seems.

The farms in the partnership are very large farms and would have workers, especially for haymaking, harvest etc. ATM we don't even know for sure who the victim is so to immediately suggest it is a particular person is a stretch. Whereas suggesting a known SK is within TOS.
This is not on the farmland or in a farmyard though, it is on the farmhouse private premises. It's a long way off the road, up a long driveway. The chances of this having any connection with the Melanie
Hall case, as suggested, are remote.

Capturevk.JPG

This is not on the farmland or in a farmyard though, it is on the farmhouse private premises. It's a long way off the road, up a long driveway. The chances of this having any connection with the Melanie
Hall case, as suggested, are remote.

View attachment 195138
It is the police that are linking and looking at these cases miles apart, including Melanie Hall. That is my point. Initially police thought this might be Suzy Lamplugh, so police obviously didnt think it was remote at that point. I am guided by those thoughts FTB at least until the identity is confirmed.

It is the police that are linking and looking at these cases miles apart, including Melanie Hall. That is my point. Initially police thought this might be Suzy Lamplugh, so police obviously didnt think it was remote at that point. I am guided by those thoughts FTB at least until the identity is confirmed.
I haven't seen anything that suggests the police are linking it to Melanie Hall. Can you give a link to that, please?

And they explicitly said that they didn't believe it to be Suzy Lamplugh. That was just public speculation because people were connecting it to another search in the area which was linked to the main suspect in her disappearance.

"We are also aware there is some speculation that this discovery may be linked to the disappearance of Suzy Lamplugh who also went missing in the 1980s. Although we don't believe it to be, until we have the post-mortem results we are not in a position to link the bones to any particular person at this stage and are keeping an open mind."
Human remains found in village could belong to woman missing since 1980s

I haven't seen anything that suggests the police are linking it to Melanie Hall. Can you give a link to that, please?

And they explicitly said that they didn't believe it to be Suzy Lamplugh. That was just public speculation because people were connecting it to another search in the area which was linked to the main suspect in her disappearance.

"We are also aware there is some speculation that this discovery may be linked to the disappearance of Suzy Lamplugh who also went missing in the 1980s. Although we don't believe it to be, until we have the post-mortem results we are not in a position to link the bones to any particular person at this stage and are keeping an open mind."
Human remains found in village could belong to woman missing since 1980s
I don't need a link for my opinion that this could be a SK victim. I have given links showing Melanie Hall could be linked to Halliwell and other victims.
YMMV

I don't need a link for my opinion that this could be a SK victim. I have given links showing Melanie Hall could be linked to Halliwell and other victims.
YMMV

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Cherwell is referring to you suggesting that police are linking it to Melanie Hall: "It is the police that are linking and looking at these cases miles apart, including Melanie Hall."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Cherwell is referring to you suggesting that police are linking it to Melanie Hall: "It is the police that are linking and looking at these cases miles apart, including Melanie Hall."
I was talking about Halliwell being linked to many in the area including Melanie Hall only 50 miles away and Claudia Lawrence 215 miles away. I did not say police were linking this case to Halliwell. It is my opinion it could be Halliwell, a SK responsible. I did not say police are linking this case to Halliwell. Please let me know my post that gave that impression and I will correct it.
Another poster initially mentioned Melanie Hall's bones being in a bag too, which is why I looked at it in the first place. Then I was struck how close it was. Another poster disagreed 51 miles was close so I then provided the Halliwell example, as how far a SK can travel. That was it.

I was talking about Halliwell being linked to many in the area including Melanie Hall only 50 miles away and Claudia Lawrence 215 miles away. I did not say police were linking this case to Halliwell. It is my opinion it could be Halliwell, a SK responsible. I did not say police are linking this case to Halliwell. Please let me know my post that gave that impression and I will correct it.
Another poster initially mentioned Melanie Hall's bones being in a bag too, which is why I looked at it in the first place. Then I was struck how close it was. Another poster disagreed 51 miles was close so I then provided the Halliwell example, as how far a SK can travel. That was it.

YMMV

No - I never mentioned Halliwell. You specifically said that the police were linking it to other cases including Melanie Hall, and I queried your source for that.
Here is your post:
It is the police that are linking and looking at these cases miles apart, including Melanie Hall. That is my point.

As for Halliwell, it's been discussed many times on here that he may be linked to other unsolved murders. In fact the thread on Melanie Hall was prompted by those discussions.

It would seem it's a misunderstanding of your post then. No offence intended, was just trying to get to the crux of what was being said.

You specifically said that the police were linking it to other cases including Melanie Hall, and I queried your source for that.

SBM

You misunderstood my post. I have fully explained this in my responses to you and Atoz above. If you want to believe I said the police linked this case to others, that is up to you.

No offence taken. We are just sharing opinions after all. I was just trying to explain to another poster 50 miles was nothing to a serial killer like Halliwell.

It would seem it's a misunderstanding of your post then. No offence intended, was just trying to get to the crux of what was being said.

Nothing new here - just some thoughts on what we know already.

May 4th 1982 was a Tuesday

Police had previously said one of their multiple lines of enquiry into the unexplained death is that it is linked to a woman who went missing in 1982. Although police have not officially said it is Mrs Venables, the 48-year-old disappeared from her farmhouse home in the early hours of May 4 of that year.

“I just woke up to find that she had gone,” he said.

‘I woke up to find that she had gone’ - how we reported on Brenda Venables' disappearance in 1982

I thought it might be useful to establish whether or not it was a weekend, but I suppose if it was by design that she disappeared overnight when employees might otherwise have noticed her leaving during the day, then I don't suppose it makes that much difference being that business was farming and growing. I would think those kinds of businesses don't just operate Mon - Fri.

The other thing I've been thinking about is whether they have dental records for her. Would they have been destroyed by now, and what kinds of records were kept in 1982? It's a possibility at least that they were able to exclude other missing people by dental records.

37 years farmer's wife vanished, body parts found at marital home | IOL News

A little more info in this early report.

"A relative of Mrs Venables said: "We have had no developments for 37 years. To suddenly be confronted with this major development is quite a lot to process." They added: "Brenda’s bank account remained untouched and there were no positive sightings of her after she disappeared."

One local said: "When the wife disappeared it was big news here. Police searched my outbuildings and deployed tracker dogs. There was a suggestion that she may have ended up in the River Severn, which is only a few fields away from their farmhouse."

After the disappearance of Mrs Venables, the case was treated as a search for a missing person and did not become a murder inquiry.
Police used a helicopter to search the countryside, including the banks of the Severn. Last night a nephew of Mrs Venables said he hoped the family might now get "closure" but the discovery of the bones raised questions over the initial investigation.

Mark Sheppy, 58, said: "If you go and dredge a river... why didn’t they look a bit nearer?"

He added: "It’s always been a mystery and now it might finally be solved. It’s not confirmed yet – but if it’s not her, who is it?" "

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back