GUILTY UK - Kempsey, found in a septic tank, Jul'19, missing in 1982 - Brenda Venables *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
...The other thing that makes me wonder is that it was reported in '82 they ran a piggery and I was wondering what condition the bones were in when recovered? They were in a bag but were they a complete skeleton or only partial?

Perhaps they had a hired farm hand. I don't know whether they did or not, but it would be a common practice to have hired assistance.

That's what I'd be saying too if I was doorstepped by the Daily Mail et al. About anything.
I wonder if he will be saying the same thing to LE. What a weird situation if it is her - that's 37 years. Someone put those bones in the bag. Could there still be DNA or fingerprints or hair/fibres? I don't suppose it would last that long would it?

I am really happy when a cold case like this gets resolved (hopefully). But what about the statute of limitations? How many years it is in the UK for murder? i remember a case like this is Spain, and since the limitation is 20 years the guy got free anyway.

I am really happy when a cold case like this gets resolved (hopefully). But what about the statute of limitations? How many years it is in the UK for murder? i remember a case like this is Spain, and since the limitation is 20 years the guy got free anyway.

I think that the UK does not have a statute of limitations on serious crimes.

“No official statute of limitations on criminal cases,”—which are the only kind we’re talking about, here.

Statute of limitations

“No official statute of limitations on criminal cases,”—which are the only kind we’re talking about, here.

Statute of limitations

Thankfully.

It would be awful for someone to commit murder and then get away with it due to luck and good hiding skills.

Mr Venables told the Worcester Evening News in May 1982 how he had woken one morning to find his wife gone.

Describing how he had spent 48 hours anxiously waiting by the phone for news, he added: 'She has never done anything like this before and I haven't the faintest idea what has happened to her

One villager said: 'I remember well at the time, the police came along and they were looking through all the barns, and going through the hay.

They were looking for this woman about 48 hours after she disappeared. That went on for a while, and they had a helicopter up looking

Does that mean he did not report her missing for 48 hours ?
Rather limited reporting, so it is not clear.

Mr Venables told the Worcester Evening News in May 1982 how he had woken one morning to find his wife gone.

Describing how he had spent 48 hours anxiously waiting by the phone for news, he added: 'She has never done anything like this before and I haven't the faintest idea what has happened to her

One villager said: 'I remember well at the time, the police came along and they were looking through all the barns, and going through the hay.

They were looking for this woman about 48 hours after she disappeared. That went on for a while, and they had a helicopter up looking

Admittedly, not everyone knew about not having to wait until reporting someone missing, especially back then.

Admittedly, not everyone knew about not having to wait until reporting someone missing, especially back then.

Initially, I thought his comment re sitting by the phone for 48 hrs was a bit odd, but if he did not report her as missing for 48 hours, then it makes more sense.
He was possibly hoping she ,or a friend , might call to let him know what had happened. Then, when he heard nothing, he decided to go to the police.

Statute of limitations

Thats great. I think the law in Spain should change, TBH until that recent case i had no idea there was an statute of limitations for muder, seems dumb to have it.
Hopefully in this case they get enought proof to convict the person who commited the crime (whoever it is, althought i have my suspicion), its a shame because this seems a really easy case if the body was discovered on time. I wonder if the police back then maybe didnt knew about the existence of the septic tank? like maybe it was illegally built? because otherwise seems such an obvious place to look when you are searching for a missing person that was last seen on the property.

I'd be straight to the police if a loved one vanished, regardless of perceived protocol!

Oh me too Atoz, particuarly if my partner had recently suffered a bout of flu and was known to be depressed.
Again, I wish there were more news articles from 1982 - information regarding if any clothing / or suitcase were missing from the house.

Replying to myself ( I blame the heat :D ) but having re read that very basic news article again, it does seem that the time/date the newspaper article was published is 48 hours after BV has gone missing.

It also says - police helicopter was up * yesterday*.
So if BV went missing on Tuesday May 4, then she must have been reported missing by at least the Wednesday.

I wonder if she really had the flu, or if she had just not been seen out and about lately. Depression could be something said to make people think she would disappear.

I remember Ian Stewart told police Helen Bailey was anxious and menopausal when he reported her missing, having murdered her and shoved her in the cesspit.

Just found this case. The husband is of course always (or in most cases) a person of interest, but it could have been different too. I wait for the dna tests to come back and keep an open mind for now.

I wonder if he will be saying the same thing to LE. What a weird situation if it is her - that's 37 years. Someone put those bones in the bag. Could there still be DNA or fingerprints or hair/fibres? I don't suppose it would last that long would it?

Do we know whether only bones were put in the bag or a whole body (that disintegrated over time, leaving only the skeleton)? If there's no indication of decomposition having taken place in the bag, where was the body stored previously?

The bag will be as interesting to LE as the bones themselves.

DNA inside bones and hair can remain for a very long time, fingerprints not.

How was it established that the bones are many years old, and not a more recent death? Do we know that? I might have overlooked it ...

Just found this case. The husband is of course always (or in most cases) a person of interest, but it could have been different too. I wait for the dna tests to come back and keep an open mind for now.

Do we know whether only bones were put in the bag or a whole body (that disintegrated over time, leaving only the skeleton)? If there's no indication of decomposition having taken place in the bag, where was the body stored previously?

The bag will be as interesting to LE as the bones themselves.

DNA inside bones and hair can remain for a very long time, fingerprints not.

How was it established that the bones are many years old, and not a more recent death? Do we know that? I might have overlooked it ...
I don't think any of that has been released, only that it is a female. The fact the remains/bones are in a bag only really indicates it was not an accident IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back