Deceased/Not Found UK - Leah Louise Ware (still missing) and Alexandra Morgan, May/Nov 2021 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh wow I forgot you are attending court.
What was everyone’s reaction when he said don’t be *advertiser censored**** stupid? To the KC?
Is his long-suffering girlfriend Lisa in the public gallery?
I feel for Alexandra’s family today whilst they had to listen to him clearly lying about the last moments of her life. It must be infuriating for them.

I have no doubt the jury will find him guilty and that justice will be swift.

I’m so sorry that these two young women ever got involved with him, and to the children and family they’ve left behind who’s lives are also ruined by this. It makes me so mad. What a complete ********
I did not stay for the afternoon session, I dont really have to as the reporting is so good on this site. I would be very surprised if Lisa Clark was in the public gallery. I could feel the hate directed towards Brown by those in the gallery who were mainly women, I would think relatives of those killed by Brown. Brown never once looked up at the public gallery while I was there, I think he knew there was no-one that was on his side there. I would like to add that I do feel desperately sad for his two victims who were just doing what they felt they had to do to survive and make a success of their lives.

A man accused of killing two women told a court one of them died after accidentally falling and hitting her head.

Mark Brown, 41, from St Leonards, East Sussex, denies murdering Alexandra Morgan, 34, in November 2021 and Leah Ware in May of that year.

He told jurors at Hove Crown Court Ms Morgan slipped on his farm near Hastings and "smacked her head".

He said he "panicked" and tried to cover up her death.

11:05

Brown explains events of November 14​

Brown tells the court: “We go inside, go over to the recovery truck.”
“Was Alex with you at that point,” Mr Henderson asks.
“Yes, right behind me, she shut the door behind me,” Brown replies.
“What did you chat about,” Mr Henderson asks.
“Just general stuff, ‘how was your evening, what were you up to,’” the defendant responds.
“Why did you go over to the recovery truck?” Mr Henderson asks.
“To put the kettle on, I needed caffeine. I'd been working all night,” Brown responds.
Brown says they then drank coffee and had a cigarette before he “went to open up the shipping container and put the heating on.”
Brown explains to the jury the location of the shipping container within the workshop.
“I went to open it but I didn't quite get that far. Alex had gone to get my cigarettes out of my gold Jag for me and slipped and fallen over. I got as far as lifting the lever on the door. “
When asked about how Alex would get into his car, Brown replies: “I don’t ever lock my car when I’m down at the farm. I very rarely lock my car anyway.”

11:26 KEY EVENT

'She's fallen over and smacked her head'​

Mark continues:

“What, is it that you actually saw?” Mr Henderson asks.
“A glimpse of mid air and then a crash,” Brown replies.
Mark is asked what made him turn back towards where Alex was: "A load of crashing. Like stuff falling over or going all over the place. I presumed she’d kicked something over or trodden on a box of tools. I literally span round and made sure she was alright."
Brown tells the jury he shouted: “Are you alright sweetheart are you alright?”
Asked by Mr Henderson what he saw, Brown says:

Brown adds that he did not see Miss Morgan land and that he was running at the time.
When asked what had happened to her, Brown tells the jury: “Obviously, she’s fallen over and smacked her head.”
Brown adds that he is not sure what she hit her head on but there were tools all over the floor.

11:33 KEY EVENT

'There was a lot of blood'​

Brown continues:

Brown adds that there was still an array of tools under her head at this time and that he “just wanted to stop the bleeding".

11:39 KEY EVENT

'Full blown panic'​

Brown explains further: "She was moving a little bit, I don’t know how to describe it, like quivering, then that stopped. After that, obviously she’d stopped moving. After that I tried CPR."
Asked how long it took Alex Morgan to stop moving, Brown says: “Within seconds of me lifting her head.”
In total, Brown says the whole ordeal from him hearing the noise to her stopping moving was about “a minute, a minute twenty.”
“That’s when I checked for a pulse.” Brown tells the jury this involved putting his fingers on her wrist and neck but says he concluded: “That there wasn’t a pulse or I couldn’t find one.”
Asked by Mr Henderson what he was like at this time, Brown adds: “Full blown panic I suppose.”
“I tried CPR. Breathing in her mouth and doing chest compressions.”
Asked how many compressions he did, Brown added: “Three, then a pause, then three again.”

Flipping heck. I’ve been in hospital a few days and missed this until now. This is horrific.

The jury is also shown pictures of inside Little Bridge Farm, including the container at Brown's site. A photo is also shown a building at the farm with three locks on the door, one at the top, one in the middle and one at the bottom. These pictures were taken in November 2021.

Images also show a wooden door within one of the buildings at Little Bridge Farm which had a bolt fitted at the top and the bottom from the outside. There was also a bin that police found that included a used condom and wrapper that featured DNA of both Alex Morgan and Mark Brown.

So are we supposed to believe they somehow managed to squeeze in a sexual encounter whilst she’d suffered a fatal injury to her head and whilst it was bleeding heavily??
Big mistake. You’re quite right.

14:31

The days after November 14​

On November 17, the defendant went to work, telling the jury “I pulled up at work, I’ve put the barrel in the skip at work.” Brown adds that this was not the original plan.
The defendant now responds to questions about Darren Ripley. Brown had borrowed trade plates from Mr Ripley in the days after the alleged murder and Mr Ripley had helped move Alex Morgan’s Mini from Little Bridge Farm to Holmhurst Lane, where Brown says he has left cars in the past.
“I burnt the number plates, stupidly, and I needed somewhere to leave the car,” Brown says. The number plates were burned the day the defendant went to Alex Morgan’s house, Brown tells the jury.
Asked how long he planned to leave the car at Holmhurst Lane, Brown says: “I didn’t think that far forward but I've left things up there for weeks before.”

14:32

November 23, 2021​

On November 23, Brown arrived at Little Bridge Farm and police officers were there. Brown tells the jury: “They were already there, two unmarked vehicles, I thought they were dogging.”
The defendant gave a voluntary statement to police that day but tells the jury today that he didn’t tell the truth in all of it. He says he did not tell them about Alex falling over and hitting her head.
In his statement, Brown told officers that he and Alex Morgan had sex on November 14 before he threw the condom out of his car window in a baby wipe. He tells the jury today that they did not, in fact, have sex on that occasion.

14:53

November 24, 2021​

Mr Henderson asks Brown about his conversation with his boss Alan Downs on November 24.
Brown adds:

When Mr Downs gave evidence, he told the jury that Brown had used the term “double murder” in his conversation with Brown on November 24. Brown denies ever saying this.

14:54 KEY EVENT

November 25 - the day Brown was arrested​

On November 25, Brown was arrested in connection with Alexandra Morgan’s murder. In nine interviews, Brown gave no comment, telling the jury that he was told to take this approach by the solicitor.

15:02

Time after his murder arrest​

Brown is asked about a conversation he had with a member of staff at HMP Lewes on November 30, 2021, shortly after his arrest.
The member of staff had made notes of the conversation which has previously been read to the jury.
On January 5, 2022, Brown is arrested on suspicion of the murder of Leah Ware. Brown says the legal advice was again to reply to any police questions with ‘no comment'.

“Brown told officers that he and Alex Morgan had sex on November 14 before he threw the condom out of his car window in a baby wipe. He tells the jury today that they did not, in fact, have sex on that occasion.”

VERY VERY VERY UNRELIABLE WITNESS ALERT (!!)

I dont think anyone believed Brown's account in court today, it was a desperate defence and the timings didn't work. What was astonishing was Brown's demeanour as if he actually believed what he was saying. I would describe as about 6 foot and muscular. He was wearing a suit which did not hide his heavily tattooed hands. His hair was black, he had a long sallow face with lines under his eyes. He works in security, buying and selling cars and working on building sites. His speech is quite unusual, I would described it as South London with a rural twang, he drops his 'H's saying for example 'orses' instead of horses. He uses double negatives saying for example " I don't never lock my car when it's in the barn'. During the trial today, he tried to be over helpful to the judge (who seemed to act deliberated dumb on a few occasions, I am sure the judge was putting it on to draw out answers, on contentious points the judge really wanted it explained a couple of times over). Brown is intelligent, a ducker and diver and a controlling narcissist. But he is an impressive witness in the box even if the story is telling is hogwash.
Ducker and diver. Exactly. Poundland gangster wannabe by all account. IMO.

10:25

Good morning - court to get under way shortly​

Good morning and welcome back. Proceedings in the trial are due to resume shortly.

10:48

Trial has resumed​

Everyone is now in place and the trial has resumed for today.
Mark Brown is in court wearing his usual dark blue suit jacket and tie, a white shirt, a pair of light blue jeans and a pair of black trainers. His hair is slicked back and he sits forward in his seat.

10:55

Mark Brown's first encounters with Leah Ware​

Duncan Atkinson KC commences with his questions in relation to the timeline of events. He begins asking questions about March 25, 2018.
Brown confirms this is the date he contacted Leah Ware on the adult website but he had previously met her at a junk shop where she was selling stuff “at least 10” years before. He had also seen her outside of a Domino’s pizza shop in the past.
Brown says he “stumbled across her” on the adult work website and had not instantly been attracted to her when they met in the past.
The defendant says he had a client based relationship, which was also friendly, with Leah until her admission into hospital - he said he cannot remember the date of this but assumed it is around July of 2018.
Brown says he had a conversation with the doctor when she was hospitalised for high THC levels but there is no record of her being hospitalised in her medical records. Brown says: “It was an off the record conversation.”

11:02

More on Brown's relationship with Leah​

Brown confirms Leah was living in the Avenida flat in Guestling at the end of 2018 that he had paid for and says “I was just giving her a bit of a leg up to get back on her feet.”
Asked why he did this, Brown replies: “I liked her, I always liked her, by then I had probably fallen in love with her and was trying to help.”
Leah had been claiming Universal Credit at this time and Brown says he was no longer paying for her services. She had been receiving £400 per month in housing allowance which was supposed to go to the defendant. He says he did not take the money from her as it was supposed to go towards solicitors fees.
By the time Leah had moved into the flat, Brown says he and Leah broke up after he discovered she was seeing her ex boyfriend again.
Mr Atkinson KC asks the defendant about two payments he made to Tara Casey in March and May 2019. Brown says he did not know Leah was using drugs at this time and that the first payment was to allow Leah to go on a night out. Brown says he did not know Leah ever had a Paypal account.
Brown admits there was a risk that the money could have gone towards drugs but he sent it anyway.

11:12

'She was never under my control, ever'​

Brown says that he rented the flat as the farm was not practical as it lacked a postal address and that she moved back to the farm as she wanted to.
When Mr Atkinson suggests it was instead so she was back under his control, Brown replies: “She was never under my control, ever.”

Last edited:
11:14

October and November 2020​

The defendant began working at SE Static Trader in November 2019. His employment there ended in December 2020.
Mr Atkinson KC points out that a previous witness, Mr Whiteside, said Leah was “lonely” and that’s why Brown took her out on jobs. He adds that she was lonely because: “You had taken her away from her life hadn’t you so she was just yours.”
“No,” replies Brown.

11:25

DWP interactions​

Brown is asked about a claim for Carers Allowance made on January 13, 2021, with Brown listed as the carer and Leah being listed as disabled.
There had been a previous occasion in which Carers Allowance had been paid into his account. Brown says he took her to appointments and did look after her but adds: “I didn’t set up any claims.”
Brown says he received a call from the DWP during which he said he was not entitled to Carers Allowance, nevertheless the money was paid into the account of Leah after this call had taken place.
On April 1, Leah received a little over £1,000 in Universal Credit. Some of this money was sent to another account to buy drugs. Some of the money had also been sent to Brown who tells the jury it was likely after she had borrowed money from him.
On March 3, 2021, Leah contacts her uncle to borrow money from him. Asked why she would need to borrow money if she had been receiving Universal Credit, Brown replies: “I’m guessing she had well and truly overspent on the drugs.”
Mr Atkinson tells Brown that Leah's uncle thought it was a strange request for money as she offered to pay back double and limited the number of kisses she usually sent. Mr Atkinson asks Brown if it was in fact he who requested this money, Brown says it was not.

11:31

Brown planned to leave his partner for Leah​

Brown confirms that in January 2021, he and Leah were in a sexual relationship and she was living on the farm: “She was living in a tourer caravan inside the barn.”
The defendant admits that he had been planning to leave his partner, Lisa, at this stage - text messages between Brown and Leah confirms this.
Brown tells the jury that he told Leah he would not leave Lisa until his eldest child was 16. This changed slightly when Leah was pregnant in February 2020, but at all other times, Brown says he made this point clear.

Last edited:
11:55

Texts between Brown and Leah​

Regarding the text in which Leah says Brown would “blow up” at her, Brown says this is in fact due to her drug use and him attempting to speak to her when she “didn’t even know I was there.”
In a later text, Brown apologises for “blowing up” and said the two would argue in relation to him not leaving his partner.
Despite Brown suggesting that their arguments were about her drug use, Mr Atkinson says that none of the texts refer to this and instead to Brown sorting out his own problems. Mr Atkinson adds that it appears Leah is tired of being “strung along.”
Lisa Clarke finds out about Leah around December 2020, according to the defendant. In February 2021, Lisa made a two second call to Leah Ware.

11:57

Brown 'would do anything to keep seeing his children'​

“You would do anything to keep seeing your children?” Mr Atkinson asks.
“Yes,” Brown replies.
When Lisa Clarke found out, Brown tells the jury he lied and told her that he had ended his relationship with Leah.
Mr Atkinson KC asks Brown about a visit from Wayne Jury to the farm. Brown denies Mr Atkinson’s claims that Leah had been locked up somewhere on this visit.
Two weeks after the initial call, Lisa again tries to call Leah. Lisa had seen Brown’s phone bill and was not happy with what she saw, the defendant tells the jury.
In March 2021, Leah texts Brown and says they should just use Whatsapp so they could continue their relationship. Mr Atkinson again says that Brown was willing to do anything to keep his children.
“Is that what you did on May 7 Mr Brown?” Mr Atkinson asks.
“No,” replies Brown.
“You did anything that needed to be done,” adds Mr Atkinson
“No,” replies Brown.

12:24

Court back under way after a short break​

Mr Atkinson KC resumes with his questions. He asks about the static caravan which was previously situated on Little Bridge Farm and points out its resale value of £1,500.
Asked if he burnt the caravan because he was cross, Brown responds: “No I don’t think I even set fire to it,” suggesting it was in fact two of his friends, before adding, “I wasn’t cross, why would I be cross.”
Brown adds that he, Leah, Chris Adams and Wayne Jury all had keys to the barn and that even if locked in from the outside, there was a hole to climb out of. The jury is shown photos of the barn’s interior with Brown pointing out where the hole is - several items were left in front of the hole including two doors, a crawler board, five tyres and various other bits.
The defendant tells the judge that these items were placed in front of the hole to prevent any potential intruder or at least slow them down. He adds that they could be moved more easily from the inside.
“Was Leah able to get out of the hole in the wall, in May, or is it blocked up?” Mr Atkinson asks.
“Yes,” replies Brown before referring to a text message in which Leah said she would crawl out of the hole to make it appear as though she had just arrived at the farm.

12:44

'Did you like to keep Leah locked up?'​

Brown admits it was possible to lock people in the container but that he did not do that.
“Did you like to keep Leah locked up?” Mr Atkinson asks.
“No,” replies Brown.
One door providing access to the container had three locks with Brown saying: “Yes, I used to keep my motorcycles in there.”
The defendant says he never put padlocks on the locks. Mr Atkinson points out that without padlocks, any potential thieves could just walk up to the door and unlock it themselves. Brown replies that they were “only there to slow people down".
“It was to stop Leah getting out wasn’t it?” Mr Atkinson suggests.
“No,” replies Brown.

12:50

Alleged pictures of Leah taken in boot of Brown's car​

The topic of Mr Atkinson’s questions has now shifted to the alleged pictures of Leah taken in the boot of Brown's car. Brown denies this ever happened but admitted he would watch online videos for topics including “forced” and “rape.”

Last edited:

February 13, 2021​

The court hears that on February 13, 2021, there is a cash withdrawal from Leah's second bank account - jurors hear that this has previously been confirmed to be the final time Leah withdrew cash from this account. From this point, the only use of this account is for transfers to her other account or to Brown.
On May 5, Leah orders a new card for her second account; it arrives at the defendant’s sister’s house on May 7. She texts Brown saying “Card is here.” On May 17, withdrawals for this account resumed.

13:05

'I didn't kill her'​

The court hears that the last time Leah used her first account was May 7, the day her new card for account two arrived. Money was transferred from her account to the account of the defendant via mobile banking.
“That’s when you killed her wasn’t it?” Mr Atkinson asks.
“I didn’t kill her,” Brown replies.

13:06

Court now breaks for lunch​

Court is now stopping for lunch. The trial will begin again in around an hour.

Last edited:
14:23

Trial begins again after lunch​

The trial has begun again after lunch.

14:28

End of April and beginning of May 2021​

April 30, 2021 was the end of Brown’s security job at Ashford Mecca Bingo. This had lasted two weeks with Leah being there throughout, the court hears. Brown says he had been at the Bingo hall day and night in week one, whilst in week two he had done nights and Leah had done the days. Duke and Lady had both been there with them too.
Asked who had been feeding the goats, Brown replies: “Leah was supposed to have been. Every evening of the second week she went out in the Peugeot to feed the goats. Turns out she wasn’t but…”
Mr Atkinson KC goes through cell site data which shows Leah’s phone at the bingo hall in Ashford all day on the Tuesday (April 28) and Wednesday (April 29) of that week. On Thursday, her phone was cell-sited in Hastings.
Brown says that when they returned from the job on Friday, he did not check on the goats but did return to the farm on Saturday (May 1) - Leah was probably there too, Brown adds.
On Sunday (May 2), Brown says he would have been at the farm, he tells the jury he works at the farm unless he has another job on, is out in the lorry, or is with his boys.
Monday (May 3, 2021), both Brown’s and Leah’s phone were traced to the farm. Brown later left the farm with Leah to pick up her prescription, he says.

14:40

Dead goats at Little Bridge Farm​

The defendant adds that he would have seen the goats were dead on the Saturday. He says the goats will have been eating hay and their death was probably “more a water issue than a food issue".
He adds that he didn't realise until now that they weren’t being fed and thought they either died of illness or some other issue.
On May 5, Leah purchases feed at an animal shop.
“Why was Leah buying feed for dead goats?” Mr Atkinson asks.
“She wasn’t, it would have been feed for the horse or the dogs,” Brown replies.

14:41 KEY EVENT

'This is you, trying to blacken her name in relation to animals'​

“Leah would never harm her animals,” Mr Atkinson says.
“I’m not going to comment on that as I saw what she did to lovebird,” Brown replies.
“This is you, trying to blacken her name in relation to animals,” Mr Atkinson alleges.
“I’m not trying to blacken anyone's name at all,” responds the defendant.
Brown adds that he later buried the goats.

14:58

May 6, 2021 - the day Brown claims to have found Lady dead​

This is the day Brown claims to have found the body of Lady
Asked if he saw Leah that day, Brown says: “I didn’t see her when I got there, I saw her before I left.”
Mr Atkinson is now asking about the chain and the weight found attached to the dog’s collar besides the lake on Little Bridge Farm. Brown says the weight belonged to Leah but that he does not recognise the chain connected to the weight - he adds that there are several pieces of chain on the farm.
After finding Lady’s remains by the lake, Brown said he saw Leah by the fuel sheds and said: “You’re *advertiser censored***** sick, you’ve lost it, I can’t cope your s*** when you’re like this”, and then left.
When asked by Mr Atkinson, Brown says he did not attempt to get Leah any help from anyone
Brown adds that he did not tell any friends or the police, saying he was told to give no comment during investigations. Brown denies Mr Atkinson’s claim that he has made this all up and denies that he killed Leah and Lady.

Last edited:
15:22

May 7, 2021​

Brown adds that he did not see Leah on May 7
Leah’s final transaction on her Lloyds banking app was a payment for £42 to Brown at 5.25pm.
“That was at 17.25, before you got back to the farm, and killed her,” Mr Atkinson says.
“No," Brown replies.

15:35

The note Brown claims Leah left at Little Bridge Farm​

The defendant confirms Leah had two phones, each with several sim cards meaning she may have had multiple phone numbers.
Mr Atkinson KC asks Brown about the note Leah is claimed to have left on the barn door at Little Bridge Farm on May 7, 2021.
Brown adds the note also included the term "do what we said". He says this means to wait for her to contact him and not the other way around. This relates to their time at Avenida flat in Hastings in early 2019 after they "formed a sort of pact".
Brown alleges the note said: "I'm so sorry boo I’m going to get this sorted, and I'm going to get help, please don’t let this be your last shot. Do what we said. Please can you pick up meds and money for me, cards at your sister’s and leave it in the Bert-mobile. I love you."
Mr Atkinson says that it is a big thing to have forgotten to tell the jury the first time round, Brown says he doesn’t have the power of hindsight.

15:40

'So you did the square root of nothing at all'​

Mr Atkinson alleges that Leah would have been unwell, had she killed her dog the day before as Brown alleges.
He then says to Brown: “You don't call her, you don't look for her, you don't go out in a vehicle to look for her, you don't see what she has taken with her, you don't call anyone to see if they know what happened to her. Did you call Woodlands? Did you call the police?”
“No,” replies Brown to all statements.
“So you did the square root of nothing at all,” Mr Atkinson says.
Brown says he went out in a lorry and drove to somebody’s yard in Battle.
“That vehicle managed to make that journey without activating any ANPR cameras at all?,” Mr Atkinson asks.

Last edited:
15:50

Cell site records from May 7​

The prosecution barrister now asks about cell site records from May 7. Both Leah’s and Brown’s phones disconnected from the network that evening, with the prosecution alleges is consistent with being in the shipping container - a past witness Mr Skeath has claimed this is the only place on site where there is no signal.
Asked what was happening with Leah, her phone and the shipping container, Brown replies: “I don't know where Leah was, nothing was happening with the container. And I’ve said I didn’t see Leah so I don’t know.”
Mr Atkinson reminds Brown of Chris Adams’ evidence in which he told the jury that, after picking up Leah from Ashford, Brown told him he and Leah were on a break. Asked if he showed the note to Mr Adams or asked if he had seen her, Brown says he did not.

15:59

'Leah’s body wasn’t in there'​

On the morning of May 8, Brown went to Little Bridge Farm, he spoke to Mr Adams on the phone and said the two later had a coffee on the farm.
Looking at cell site data, Mr Atkinson says that Leah’s phone begins “talking” with the network again at 8.57am on May 8 before stopping at 9.04am. It talks again with the network at 12pm and stops 9 mins later before starting again at 2.36pm and stopping at 2.38pm.
Mr Atkinson points out that this was consistent with Brown opening and closing the shipping container.
After Brown says he wouldn’t have any need to open or close the container, Mr Atkinson says: “You would if Leah’s body was in there wouldn't you.”
“Leah’s body wasn’t in there though so why would it matter,” Brown replies.
Asked why he was getting rid of Duke, Leah’s dog, so soon after Leah’s disappearance, Brown said he was “concerned” after what had happened to Lady.
He told his sister the dog belonged to a delivery driver he knew but that if she wasn’t happy, he could take him back.
The judge asks Brown to clarify some of his statements regarding the shipping container. Brown says there are two vents in the shipping container where you can get phone signal.
Brown points to two ventilation holes which he says you can put your phone near to get signal. The defendant adds that putting your phone on top of the microwave is also one way of getting phone signal.

16:15

Court has now finished for the day​

Court has now finished for the day, with the case set to resume again tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
A man accused of murder “strung his victim along” by telling her he would leave his partner to be with her, a court has heard.

Mark Brown, 41 of Squirrel Close, St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex, is charged with murdering Leah Ware, 33, and Alexandra Morgan, 34, six months apart in 2021.

On Tuesday at Hove Crown Court Brown continued to give evidence in his defence while being questioned by prosecuting counsel Duncan Atkinson KC.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744
Back