Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The water is less than 20 metres from her back door, the steps lead down to it from her garden.

Here have a look at this and see what you think. I know the water is close but I'm wondering about actual access. I can't think of a good reason a student house would have steps directly down to a storm drain?

rDed.png

Heres a video I just made local to me explaining the reeds / weed

video-1549459951 - Streamable

I recently walked through reeds such as these, on very wet, unstable ground, photographing wildlife. It's amazing how quickly I started to sink, and how unsteady I was on my feet!

If Libby had been drinking, and walking on these reeds, I can see how she easily could have fallen into the water.

Hoping and praying she is found soon.

If I've watched the same one I'm not sure how accurate she is, the details she gave about the woman who heard the scream aren't the same as those that I've read in MSM

Agree....

plus she talks about Libby's phone being found in the grass, outside her house - whereas the police have only said they found her phone at the house, but did not give a precise location

I would expect they have - although I'm very surprised they are doing the field search now. I would of thought these things would of been done properly first. As the lake its the second time they have looked.

I am very tempted to put on my fishing gear and offer to help. I used to roam forests like this as a kid and you can get through them pretty quick this time of year. A poor girl like Libby would be easy to spot I imagine as there is no weed growth currently due to the season.

We had a tv show on here called Missing. A guy went missing in summer and it wasn't until winter they found him. He had only walked a short walk from his house but the height and spread of the weeds they couldn't find him - it was only when it came to winter when the weeds died they found him.

Don't forget that if Libby became hypothermic, it wouldn't only be searching for a body, which could be well hidden, but also searching for clothes and shoes.

I wonder if going into water could be part of hypothermia, as an attempt to cool the burning skin sensation by going into cold water?

If I've watched the same one I'm not sure how accurate she is, the details she gave about the woman who heard the scream aren't the same as those that I've read in MSM

Yes it does seem a little sensationalised. But the people who were sharing it made me think there was some truth in it. Perhaps they were just excited, if that’s the right word to use. The video creator seems to have a cult following amongst that age group.

Here have a look at this and see what you think. I know the water is close but I'm wondering about actual access. I can't think of a good reason a student house would have steps directly down to a storm drain?

This picture looks a lot more overgrown, do you know when it was taken? Quite possible the steps are inaccessible now but I can't seem to see when the pic I posted was taken. So the steps can't be seen on your photo, but they are definitely there, even if under undergrowth. God knows why!

This raises a question for me. Let's assume Libby's flatmates left Welly at 3am and got a taxi home/walked home etc. When they got home obviously Libby wasn't there. Did they not think this was unusual?? I'm assuming they checked if she was back and they already knew she didn't have her phone on her that night- meaning she never text them to say she was back safe. Would this not prompt them to immediately check her room when they got home? Or if her door was locked, did they at least knock? Maybe they thought she was asleep. But if I was one of her flatmates and she never text me to say she'd got back safe, I'd be banging on her door to make sure she was in there, and then if she wasn't, I'd immediately call the police or even go looking for her myself. But maybe that's just me. Just seems odd to me that no one realised she was gone until the morning.
It is a good question. When I was that age, rarely would a flatmate have been left asleep if we had all been drinking for hours. The need to give that person a rundown of the night combined with drunken antics usually led to us bursting into their room or them bursting into mine! Perhaps none of the flatmates returned home but went onto a party or back to the pre-drinks party venue. Also, usually when we left for the night we would turn lights and tvs off. If one of us came home early, we would usually leave a hall light on and fall asleep with a tv on. If I came back to a house that was dark/ quiet/ no sign of my housemate having arrived back I would have found that odd, but that’s just me and how our digs worked back then!

Apologies if this is in bad taste but as a sufferer of depression and anxiety it can really mess up your view of the world and the way you feel people perceive you. Does anybody think Libby could have disappeared willingly after her mind convinced her nobody cared after her mates put her in the taxi and continued the night... maybe I’m wrong just a theory, hope she is found safe and well.

Have suffered anxiety and depression myself and was in a very similar situation to Libby at that age - drunk, refused entry, left alone to make my way home while friends and flatmates headed on into club. I was suffering at the time. The thing that stands out to me is that in that frame of mind and being visibly in despair, I wanted to get home/ get somewhere private as quickly as possible. Sitting on a very public bench with people walking by/ stopping to ask if I was ok would have been the last situation I’d want to be in. I went home, I cried and drank alone and passed out. In that mood, I also always became hyper vigilant/ anxious of strangers, noises in the house, dark alleys etc. So I just wouldn’t have wilfully put myself in danger or interacted with anyone unless I knew them. Of course that doesn’t mean that’s how Libby would feel/ react and we don’t know what her state of mind was.

It is a good question. When I was that age, rarely would a flatmate have been left asleep if we had all been drinking for hours. The need to give that person a rundown of the night combined with drunken antics usually led to us bursting into their room or them bursting into mine! Perhaps none of the flatmates returned home but went onto a party or back to the pre-drinks party venue. Also, usually when we left for the night we would turn lights and tvs off. If one of us came home early, we would usually leave a hall light on and fall asleep with a tv on. If I came back to a house that was dark/ quiet/ no sign of my housemate having arrived back I would have found that odd, but that’s just me and how our digs worked back then!

Do we know if the flatmates had single rooms or shared, many years ago when I was at university we had shared bedrooms for cost reasons although I know student accomadation has changed massively in recent years - do students still share bedrooms?

This picture looks a lot more overgrown, do you know when it was taken? Quite possible the steps are inaccessible now but I can't seem to see when the pic I posted was taken. So the steps can't be seen on your photo, but they are definitely there, even if under undergrowth. God knows why!

I don't unfortunately. Google Maps don't show the date of the zoomed in overhead image that I can see.

I can't post a link at it's not MSM but if you Google "Kingswood Hull" under the News option, it should be the first story regarding heavy police activity on a bridge in Hull. First reported around 3 hours ago and yet to be updated as to why the police are there. Probably unrelated to Libby but it's not confirmed nor denied at this point.

Has it been mentioned if there was any lighting behind the house...along that lane in particular?

Unlikely there'd be street lighting or anything, there may well be security lighting on the back of one (or more) of the houses. I think it's known as an unadopted road, ie the council aren't responsible for it. My friend has one very similar behind her house, she and about 6 neighbours chip in for it to be re gravelled every few years.

Regarding the housemates checking on Libby when they returned home, she had only lived there for a few months, so maybe wasn't close enough to most of them except the friend who had also lived with her previously and who put her in the taxi that night. I would assume that she definitely would have had a peek into Libby's room, or knocked on the door. Either she did not come home herself till mid-morning, or she was too drunk herself to think of Libby when she got home. jmo

Agree....

plus she talks about Libby's phone being found in the grass, outside her house - whereas the police have only said they found her phone at the house, but did not give a precise location

That’s the first time I’ve heard the phone in the grass info. That reminds me of a night out around years ago. I got home and realised I had left my phone in the taxi. It was a cab I had hailed outside the bar so I didn’t know the company or number (not smart I know, I’m wiser these days) The car was very distinctive though - more like a small white minivan, and I really wanted and needed my phone back so I got another taxi from a local company back to the bar and sat outside for a while looking out for the original cab. Luckily for me it wasn’t long before I spotted him, he hadn’t had anyone else in the back seat yet and my phone was on the floor of his car. Longshot, but perhaps Libby got to the door and in fumbling for the (perhaps lost?) key, she dropped her phone in grass. Couldn’t find it because of the dark - no phone to use as a torch. Made her way back to the bench to see if she can see her taxi driving up/ down the road again. Becomes upset at being locked out/ cold/ no phone/ no key/generally horrible night. Still has enough wits about her not to accept help from stranger in car. Then any number of possibilities after that...maybe someone she knew passed by and offered to help her look for the phone in the street - which could lead into the “scream” the neighbour heard if something went wrong.

Unlikely there'd be street lighting or anything, there may well be security lighting on the back of one (or more) of the houses. I think it's known as an unadopted road, ie the council aren't responsible for it. My friend has one very similar behind her house, she and about 6 neighbours chip in for it to be re gravelled every few years.
Reason I asked is because if she was disoriented and scared, would she have gravitated towards light or darkness. I just don't know, that is IF she was even there in the first place.

This is such a sad case. I hate hearing how she was so vulnerable and nobody was around to help make sure she got back home safely. Lots of us have been in similar situations when we were young but usually we had at least one other person that would stay with us until we got in the front door at least. Except for the time I awoke on my front lawn with my father standing over me. :)

I just feel so bad for her and it doesnt sound like this is going to end well. I just hope nobody else saw her and took advantage of her in her state. And yeah, that water around there is a good place to be searching. Unfortunately it is very hard to find a body if she ended up falling into that water or was put in the water. If they have not already they should use sonar imaging and take a boat up and down that canal. The fishing sonar units and graphs they show are really detailed and accurate these days and not real expensive to get one. I have one of the older ones for my john boat and it does a pretty good job but the newer ones are amazing the amount of detail you can see on the bottom of the water.

The theory of hypothermia and wanting to get near the water to cool down may have come into play here. We have heard stories how when someone gets hypothermia that they feel really hot instead as hypothermia sets in.

Just praying she can be found very soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member