Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I'm confused. Are you referencing the police article where Libby's parents are talking about her love for the city etc.? Do you mean that you think the article was written directed at a certain person? Or am I completely misunderstanding your comment?

Yes, I’m referencing the police article of updated information and photographs from Libby’s parents

Maybe the friends found it in the grass and put it in her room. I'd be surprised if they had just left it lying outside. The cold is also not good for phones. Maybe that's when they realized she'd not been to her room that night?

The press would have been all over that if it had been found in the grass. I think this woman on YouTube is just getting mixed up with the screwdriver, lip gloss etc.

Something else that's bugging me. This (what seems to me to be) contradictory information. Just my opinion, but I can't help having a really strong feeling that Libby's parents don't actually know their daughter as well as they think they do. Coupled with her previous flatmates saying she was in her room a lot, the scars etc., I either believe that Libby was good at putting on a facade around her family OR they were indeed aware of her self - harming and not being totally happy at Uni but just in denial about all of it. Again JMO. But as someone with a history of self - harm and serious suicide attempts, I can safely say that if I disappeared and my family had to talk to the police and media about me, most of them would either not have a clue about what I'm actually like, or just leave out the parts that they're secretly ashamed of and don't want anyone knowing about.

“Libby was quiet, and kept herself to herself. Her flat mates said she stayed in her room a lot of the time.” Student from The Courtyard.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...ssing-libby-squire-police-search-13941665.amp

"Libby moved to Hull in September 2017 to study Philosophy and has been really happy whilst living in the city. She has found herself a lovely group of friends at the University. Outside of family life and her studies Libby really enjoys reading and going to the gym. She is a very sociable person who loves going out and enjoys spending time with her friends." Libby's mum.
Libby Squire: From High Wycombe to Hull | Humberside Police

Something else that's bugging me. This (what seems to me to be) contradictory information. Just my opinion, but I can't help having a really strong feeling that Libby's parents don't actually know their daughter as well as they think they do. Coupled with her previous flatmates saying she was in her room a lot, the scars etc., I either believe that Libby was good at putting on a facade around her family OR they were indeed aware of her self - harming and not being totally happy at Uni but just in denial about all of it. Again JMO. But as someone with a history of self - harm and serious suicide attempts, I can safely say that if I disappeared and my family had to talk to the police and media about me, most of them would either not have a clue about what I'm actually like, or just leave out the parts that they're secretly ashamed of and don't want anyone knowing about.

“Libby was quiet, and kept herself to herself. Her flat mates said she stayed in her room a lot of the time.” Libby's previous flatmate.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...ssing-libby-squire-police-search-13941665.amp

"Libby moved to Hull in September 2017 to study Philosophy and has been really happy whilst living in the city. She has found herself a lovely group of friends at the University. Outside of family life and her studies Libby really enjoys reading and going to the gym. She is a very sociable person who loves going out and enjoys spending time with her friends." Libby's mum.

To be honest I think the family will have someone within the police force who are advising on what to say and not say to the media. If Libby is alive then what appears in the press can have serious implications on the outcome.

This sounds like a statement LE wrote for her to read out.

"Ryan said the police had taken Libby’s phone from her room, among other items."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....-student-21-hundreds-join-search-8430111/amp/

Really bugging me about that video saying police found Libby's phone in the grass when the above article plus many others all state it was found in her room. I find it fairly annoying that someone with nearly half a million followers would upload a video with incorrect information in it. Unless she has a source close to the case that we don't know about.

Notice how they keep describing the ‘witness’ who left his car and tried to help libby, who has since helped the police out with enquires he ‘has long grey hair and a beard’ it does not matter what he looks like it’s just good he come forward and give the police information but that’s the mainstream media for you

“Libby was quiet, and kept herself to herself. Her flat mates said she stayed in her room a lot of the time.” Libby's previous flatmate.

I don't really find that contradictory. She was out on the night she disappeared, so she does go out, and she definitely has close friends, as we've heard from them. She might have been generally quiet and kept herself to herself, but also had good friends and some form of social life.

Yes, I’m referencing the police article of updated information and photographs from Libby’s parents
I see. Do you think it's aimed at Libby herself? Or at one of her friends? Or someone who may have abducted her? I think I'm still not completely understanding, maybe just as I'm tired lol.

QUESTION!

I think we've always assumed Libby lived at no15, the house with the lovely black doors being seen getting searched and luminol'd. Do we KNOW that that's her house? Could she have lived elsewhere on the street? I think I saw confusion over bin numbers (29? 39?) and now I'm wondering if we know for sure?

Just wondering if the fact she self harmed has brought the police to conclude she has potentially jumped in the lake .... I have read about self harm but it doesn't always lead to suicide. I hope they have clues we are not aware of that is leading to a resolution

think I've solved the mystery of the google image of the steps. It appears people may have different versions of google satellite / google earth, so when some of you clicked my link you got the "other" image, not my original one. I can sleep better now I know nobody is losing their mind (or eyesight!)

Libby Squire  steps from Libby house.png

This is what I see. Some of you just see overgrown shrubs.

QUESTION!

I think we've always assumed Libby lived at no15, the house with the lovely black doors being seen getting searched and luminol'd. Do we KNOW that that's her house? Could she have lived elsewhere on the street? I think I saw confusion over bin numbers (29? 39?) and now I'm wondering if we know for sure?
Also questioning this now that The Sun posted an article with this photo and caption...
Screenshot_20190206-215745.png
Friends fear missing Libby Squire, 21, may have been 'abducted' six days ago

I see. Do you think it's aimed at Libby herself? Or at one of her friends? Or someone who may have abducted her? I think I'm still not completely understanding, maybe just as I'm tired lol.
Honestly, my first thought was this is aimed at someone who doesn’t know Libby and it goes against some of what we have heard in the press. My second thought was this is aimed at Libby herself. I could also see how it could be directed to a childhood friend aswell, although I think that’s least likely

It sounds to me like they're reading a CV/resume. No offence intended, JMO.
The tone is odd. I wonder if talking about her as a person and not just another missing person is designed to appeal to a potential kidnapper/murderer. I mean, I still think murder is less likely than an accident, but the police have to keep an open mind.

Notice how they keep describing the ‘witness’ who left his car and tried to help libby, who has since helped the police out with enquires he ‘has long grey hair and a beard’ it does not matter what he looks like it’s just good he come forward and give the police information but that’s the mainstream media for you
I think there are two reasons for his description still being included in media reports:
-Police have said he has been helping them with their enquiries, but they have not categorically cleared him. It would not be the first time that a person who had helped with enquires turned out to be the main POI.
-If a somebody saw Libby talking to someone who did not have grey-hair, the media reports contain enough information that a potential witness with new information could come forward.

.. I have read about self harm but it doesn't always lead to suicide.

You're right, it doesn't always lead to suicide, but since we're not aware of what mental health issues Libby actually had/has (aside from the blatant self-harming) and not knowing whether she had a history of suicidal thoughts or attempts, I would be willing to bet that if she does indeed still self - harm she is depressed, and depression + being wasted/so drunk you can't walk in a straight line is NOT good at all. Alcohol is a depressant, if you are already depressed it makes things worse, the more you drink the worse things seem, and after the initial "buzz" of feeling hyper and happy, things can go downhill extremely quickly. I myself still have to control how much I drink as anything more than a couple of units and I end up thinking awful things that I rarely think when I'm sober. Every single one of my suicide attempts has happened when I've been wasted and can barely remember how I even ended up in hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeganGarner