Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't post a link at it's not MSM but if you Google "Kingswood Hull" under the News option, it should be the first story regarding heavy police activity on a bridge in Hull. First reported around 3 hours ago and yet to be updated as to why the police are there. Probably unrelated to Libby but it's not confirmed nor denied at this point.

Police have confirmed it was because a man was seen on the bridge, it's been dealt with, and it was nothing to do with Libby.

I can't post a link at it's not MSM but if you Google "Kingswood Hull" under the News option, it should be the first story regarding heavy police activity on a bridge in Hull. First reported around 3 hours ago and yet to be updated as to why the police are there. Probably unrelated to Libby but it's not confirmed nor denied at this point.

I don't think it's related to Libby as it now says police presence is due to a man on the bridge.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hu...live-heavy-police-presence-called-2515845.amp

Police have confirmed it was because a man was seen on the bridge, it's been dealt with, and it was nothing to do with Libby.
Ah I'm so sorry, for some reason on my phone I could only see the main bulk of the article and not any of the updates. The main article had no mention of a man or that it wasn't to do with Libby, it just said police were on the bridge and no one knew why yet. I've managed to see the updates now and see that it's nothing to do with Libby, sorry for the confusion everyone.

Ah I'm so sorry, for some reason on my phone I could only see the main bulk of the article and not any of the updates. The main article had no mention of a man or that it wasn't to do with Libby, it just said police were on the bridge and no one knew why yet. I've managed to see the updates now and see that it's nothing to do with Libby, sorry for the confusion everyone.

Don't worry, I only saw the updates just as I was about to copy and paste the article, easily done!! One of these breaking news stories will be about Libby, hopefully soon.

Timeline video at link.

Everything that happened on 6th day of search for missing Libby

Today marks the sixth day since Libby Squire was last seen on a bench in Beverley Road, Hull, after going out with friends for a night out.

The search has continued tirelessly, with police and members of the public carrying on looking for the 21-year-old student, with the police helicopter also joining for the first time.

Libby’s parents, Lisa and Russ Squire, have also spoken out today about their “sociable and happy” daughter, who “fell in love” with Hull from the moment she arrived from her home in High Wycombe in September 2017.

[...]

"Ryan said the police had taken Libby’s phone from her room, among other items."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....-student-21-hundreds-join-search-8430111/amp/

Really bugging me about that video saying police found Libby's phone in the grass when the above article plus many others all state it was found in her room. I find it fairly annoying that someone with nearly half a million followers would upload a video with incorrect information in it. Unless she has a source close to the case that we don't know about.

The search has continued tirelessly, with police and members of the public carrying on looking for the 21-year-old student, with the police helicopter also joining for the first time.
[...]

Why didn't they have the helicopter out the next morning when reported missing? Surely if she was somewhere close by possibly sheltering the heat signature would of been spotted.

Do we know if the flatmates had single rooms or shared, many years ago when I was at university we had shared bedrooms for cost reasons although I know student accomadation has changed massively in recent years - do students still

Libby Squire’s parents have released more information about her today as our search to find Libby continues. It’s been six days since she was last seen in Hull. Please read our press release in full and share these brand new photographs #HelpFindLibby (link: http://ow.ly/arOL30nBu2g) ow.ly/arOL30nBu2g
just my opinion, but can’t help but feel this was written with a particular person in mind.

"Ryan said the police had taken Libby’s phone from her room, among other items."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....-student-21-hundreds-join-search-8430111/amp/

Really bugging me about that video saying police found Libby's phone in the grass when the above article plus many others all state it was found in her room. I find it fairly annoying that someone with nearly half a million followers would upload a video with incorrect information in it. Unless she has a source close to the case that we don't know about.

Completely agree. If you're going to do a video on such a current and sensitive event then you need to get the facts straight, and preferably not presented like some trashy fluff piece that would be more suited to a "My top 5 favourite lipsticks" video.

That’s the first time I’ve heard the phone in the grass info. That reminds me of a night out around years ago. I got home and realised I had left my phone in the taxi. It was a cab I had hailed outside the bar so I didn’t know the company or number (not smart I know, I’m wiser these days) The car was very distinctive though - more like a small white minivan, and I really wanted and needed my phone back so I got another taxi from a local company back to the bar and sat outside for a while looking out for the original cab. Luckily for me it wasn’t long before I spotted him, he hadn’t had anyone else in the back seat yet and my phone was on the floor of his car. Longshot, but perhaps Libby got to the door and in fumbling for the (perhaps lost?) key, she dropped her phone in grass. Couldn’t find it because of the dark - no phone to use as a torch. Made her way back to the bench to see if she can see her taxi driving up/ down the road again. Becomes upset at being locked out/ cold/ no phone/ no key/generally horrible night. Still has enough wits about her not to accept help from stranger in car. Then any number of possibilities after that...maybe someone she knew passed by and offered to help her look for the phone in the street - which could lead into the “scream” the neighbour heard if something went wrong.
Her friends said the phone was no good to the police because she hadnttaken it out anyway. So, if the phone was found in the grass, I guess either she HAD popped into the house, retrieved it and dropped it, or she dropped it there as she left. However, I'm conscious that guesses can easily fast become "fact", so I'm keen to point out that all the above could be rubbish!

Why didn't they have the helicopter out the next morning when reported missing? Surely if she was somewhere close by possibly sheltering the heat signature would of been spotted.

It's a very built up area so heat searching isn't a good method to find someone. Plus it was freezing that night so it's unlikely she'd survive the cold.

Her friends said the phone was no good to the police because she hadnttaken it out anyway. So, if the phone was found in the grass, I guess either she HAD popped into the house, retrieved it and dropped it, or she dropped it there as she left. However, I'm conscious that guesses can easily fast become "fact", so I'm keen to point out that all the above could be rubbish!
Plus, as someone said before, the police themselves said it was in her room. Duh me.

just my opinion, but can’t help but feel this was written with a particular person in mind.
Sorry I'm confused. Are you referencing the police article where Libby's parents are talking about her love for the city etc.? Do you mean that you think the article was written directed at a certain person? Or am I completely misunderstanding your comment?

Do we know if the flatmates had single rooms or shared, many years ago when I was at university we had shared bedrooms for cost reasons although I know student accomadation has changed massively in recent years - do students still share bedrooms?
I was at uni 2001 - 2004 and shared rooms wasn't a "thing" then.

Maybe the friends found it in the grass and put it in her room. I'd be surprised if they had just left it lying outside. The cold is also not good for phones. Maybe that's when they realized she'd not been to her room that night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic