Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What drugs would be relevant, though? I mean, it's possible but unless we're talking about GHB Rohypnol type drug then I'm not sure what difference it would make.
I have no experience of drugs so I honestly don't know. I do find it odd that there seemed to be quite a few friends out in a group and Libby was the only one so drunk she was denied entry. Most likely just low tolerance of alcohol though. However IF she is still taking antidepressants (which she might not be, but if she was) is there potential for the meds to have caused her to get drunk more quickly? I know in the past I've been on certain meds that you either shouldn't really drink on or absolutely not drink on. Again, most likely just low alcohol tolerance though.

I have no experience of drugs so I honestly don't know. I do find it odd that there seemed to be quite a few friends out in a group and Libby was the only one so drunk she was denied entry. Most likely just low tolerance of alcohol though. However IF she is still taking antidepressants (which she might not be, but if she was) is there potential for the meds to have caused her to get drunk more quickly? I know in the past I've been on certain meds that you either shouldn't really drink on or absolutely not drink on. Again, most likely just low alcohol tolerance though.
Or she just over-did it. I've seen this loads and still don't think it's odd at all.

Unless I'm unaware that it's already been ruled out, could there be a possibility that Libby wasn't JUST drunk? Perhaps she had also taken drugs. I'm not saying this to try and cause any unnecessary worry or to judge. But how do we know she didn't? Perhaps her friends know but don't want to say anything because they think they'll all be in trouble, either because they gave her the drugs, or were also taking them.

We don't know she did or didn't take drugs; when I was a student at that age it was pretty normal. Doubt anyone will admit to it publicly, though I'd hope they'd mention it to the police.

Hi All

I used to post on WS a few years back mainly on UK cases like Becky Watts but due to a safety issue of my own had to stop using the username/details and never got around to signing up again. This case has drawn me back in though.

Intially I thought Libby had just had a drunken accident after possibly being locked out and it seems the most obvious explanation. However there are a couple of things that feel off:

- How quickly the police started searching INSIDE people’s houses in the immediate area. I might have the timeline wrong but this seems to have happened even before they had searched the water.

- The witnesses who claimed to have seen her stumble outside her house. This could be my over imagination but the naming of them by the media seems off.

JMO

I really think she just over-did the alcohol, as opposed to drugs being involved. They most likely would have been pre-drinking before heading out for the night, and I've seen it myself with friends, some people just drink far too much in a short space of time.

Hi All

I used to post on WS a few years back mainly on UK cases like Becky Watts but due to a safety issue of my own had to stop using the username/details and never got around to signing up again. This case has drawn me back in though.

Intially I thought Libby had just had a drunken accident after possibly being locked out and it seems the most obvious explanation. However there are a couple of things that feel off:

- How quickly the police started searching INSIDE people’s houses in the immediate area. I might have the timeline wrong but this seems to have happened even before they had searched the water.

- The witnesses who claimed to have seen her stumble outside her house. This could be my over imagination but the naming of them by the media seems off.

JMO

I was surprised when the police appeared to be looking for blood on a front door, but then I brushed it aside and decided that it was probably normal procedure. Would they normally do outside searches before considering house interiors?

Does the media normally hold back witnesses' names?

Even though I like following these cases, I often miss oddities!

I was surprised when the police appeared to be looking for blood on a front door, but then I brushed it aside and decided that it was probably normal procedure. Would they normally do outside searches before considering house interiors?

Does the media normally hold back witnesses' names?

Even though I like following these cases, I often miss oddities!

Yeah I would say it’s unusual they were looking for blood on the front door so early in the investigation. Usually if they think accident/water you can tell by their search actions - this wouldn’t be one of them I don’t think.

R.E witnesses - not always and it could be because the witnesses have spoken to the media directly. But we also see cases where the police use the media to put pressure on potential suspects.

I'll try to find it soon, I'm sure I have read it in a couple of places. I remember one article stating that's the reason the driver checked on her but I'm struggling to find it at the moment.

The article may have been pulled or modified by journos if they realised their initial information was not completely accurate - I have been there many times, trying to find something that is no longer reported - can be frustrating

The article may have been pulled or modified by journos if they realised their initial information was not completely accurate - I have been there many times, trying to find something that is no longer reported - can be frustrating

I think you're right, I can't find it anywhere now. Must have been misinformation or they've just decided to edit it out for some reason.

Corrie's case is a huge lesson for us all in how NOT to use social media in a missing person case. There are still people clogging up the page wishing each other a good morning ffs.

Lol, don't get me started on the blue heart brigade! I migrated to Reddit to discuss that case as it provided a bit more freedom of discussion.

As for this case, hopefully the student friends can keep things rolling on social media and hopefully help towards a resolution. This case does seem coordinated more professionally so far.

In my extensive experience as a UK uni student (!), it's not unusual for one person to be singled out as too drunk and not allowed into a club by bouncers. It often happens if someone draws attention to themselves by being too loud in the queue.

I doubt she was on drugs. Cocaine would have sobered her up, ecstasy would have led her to accept help from the driver, Rohypnol would have made her pass out and ketamine wouldn't have lasted from the party to the club and home again. It sounds like she just got very drunk, which is easy to do if you're excited and free-pouring drinks at a party.

Do we know where she was pre-drinking? Her house or somewhere else?

I always remember the case of the young man called Adrian in Jersey. Everyone thought there must have been foul play, but in the end, he had wandered all over the place in a confused, hypothermic state, and had fallen in a reservoir. It was pitch black in the area. I wonder if it could be the same with Libby, although I'm not saying I don't believe it could be foul play. Obviously she was vulnerable to opportunistic predators :-(

Oh I remember Adrian Lynch well. Dropped off by taxi near his home..... then nothing. So many theories what happened at the time, but at his inquest his parents said 'his dignity had been restored... and it was just an unfortunate accident'.

In my extensive experience as a UK uni student (!), it's not unusual for one person to be singled out as too drunk and not allowed into a club by bouncers. It often happens if someone draws attention to themselves by being too loud in the queue.

I doubt she was on drugs. Cocaine would have sobered her up, ecstasy would have led her to accept help from the driver, Rohypnol would have made her pass out and ketamine wouldn't have lasted from the party to the club and home again. It sounds like she just got very drunk, which is easy to do if you're excited and free-pouring drinks at a party.

Do we know where she was pre-drinking? Her house or somewhere else?
According to her friends they'd all had pre drinks at another location. I live about a 10-15 minute drive from the area and it's heavily populated by students so it's likely she went for a party within tbat area.

Hull University has arranged for people to meet at the plaza outside Bynmor Jones Library at 5pm today in a show of support and solidarity to find Libby.

Hey, are you connected to the friendship group? You've said a few things now which have made me wonder.

You can get verified as an insider on here, and it allows you to post without supporting links from media. I'm not sure what counts as an 'insider' but it sure would be useful.

Hi All

JMO
Hope you got your safety issue resolved. Welcome back to WS.

I agree. Things feel off. I also agree about the neighbour witnesses.

Hull Uni Union‏ @HullUniUnion
The Student President Team will join staff, students and the local community today at 5pm to show solidarity and support of our missing student, Libby Squire. #HelpFindLibby More information: http://goo.gl/J1DyZs

DypWnTeX0AAdYzT.jpg

Hull Uni Union on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members