Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for that video. It was very helpful to better picture possible conditions where Libby was.

What is an allotment? Is it a rented garden space, I’m gathering? A community garden?

Allotment is like a community garden - you pay for your little space; you get a little shed and some room to dig / greenhouse. basically for people who have no garden or room to grow vegetables and want to do so. The gates are usually locked and secure compounds due to people trying to steal tools.

The reeds look absolutely treacherous. So much respect for the searchers.

My thoughts too - combined with the ice, its horrible.

I feel like it’s getting to that stage in the investigation where there are little updates and the journalists are looking for new ways to write the regurgitated news.

Woodlands search in missing student hunt

Like this one “it is thought a motorist stopped to offer help.” It makes it seem ambiguous rather than an established fact.

Frustrating.

Heres a video I just made local to me explaining the reeds / weed

video-1549459951 - Streamable
Thanks for the informative video. Even if the drain near Libby is half the width of that, I can see how so many people have accidentally ended up in there. Especially on a dark, cold night with impaired senses.

LE having seen any CCTV available must be dictating their searches, imo. They must be concluding she ended up in water...

I can’t count how many times there have been cases where missing people were missed in early searches by people, dogs, etc...even more than once only to have been right there all along. So many areas of the world still seem to be covered in brush, water, woods, etc when someone is missing anyway...even though it seems the opposite most times. Jmo

LE having seen any CCTV available must be dictating their searches, imo. They must be concluding she ended up in water...

I can’t count how many times there have been cases where missing people were missed in early searches by people, dogs, etc...even more than once only to have been right there all along. So many areas of the world still seem to be covered in brush, water, woods, etc when someone is missing anyway...even though it seems the opposite most times. Jmo
Precisely. This echoes my view.

It’s interesting that Hull police have asked for cctv and dashcam footage up until 3am. The gig in the Welly that night is advertised as being on from 10:30pm until 3am. I would have thought that there was a chance then of Libby’s friends/ flatmates being seen on camera returning to their homes after the 3am mark which would be of interest to them.

It’s interesting that Hull police have asked for cctv and dashcam footage up until 3am. The gig in the Welly that night is advertised as being on from 10:30pm until 3am. I would have thought that there was a chance then of Libby’s friends/ flatmates being seen on camera returning to their homes after the 3am mark which would be of interest to them.
This raises a question for me. Let's assume Libby's flatmates left Welly at 3am and got a taxi home/walked home etc. When they got home obviously Libby wasn't there. Did they not think this was unusual?? I'm assuming they checked if she was back and they already knew she didn't have her phone on her that night- meaning she never text them to say she was back safe. Would this not prompt them to immediately check her room when they got home? Or if her door was locked, did they at least knock? Maybe they thought she was asleep. But if I was one of her flatmates and she never text me to say she'd got back safe, I'd be banging on her door to make sure she was in there, and then if she wasn't, I'd immediately call the police or even go looking for her myself. But maybe that's just me. Just seems odd to me that no one realised she was gone until the morning.

This raises a question for me. Let's assume Libby's flatmates left Welly at 3am and got a taxi home/walked home etc. When they got home obviously Libby wasn't there. Did they not think this was unusual?? I'm assuming they checked if she was back and they already knew she didn't have her phone on her that night- meaning she never text them to say she was back safe. Would this not prompt them to immediately check her room when they got home? Or if her door was locked, did they at least knock? Maybe they thought she was asleep. But if I was one of her flatmates and she never text me to say she'd got back safe, I'd be banging on her door to make sure she was in there, and then if she wasn't, I'd immediately call the police or even go looking for her myself. But maybe that's just me. Just seems odd to me that no one realised she was gone until the morning.

I don't think it's that odd. If Libby's bedroom door was shut they probably just assumed she was asleep. I don't think they'd be 'banging on her door' in that scenario - most people wouldn't want to be woken up at 3am by flatmates banging on their door.

I'm going to assume the opposite and guess that they did not check her room. If her door was closed and the lights were off, wouldn't you assume she was in bed sleeping it off?

Also: I'm imagining they may not have been their most clear thinking selves when they got home. Maybe they even forgot she had ever been out with them. It depends how drunk they were.

But it's an interesting flag up. And definitely worth remembering, thinking about.

I lived with housemates throughout uni and beyond and almost certainly wouldn't have checked her room. She wouldn't have appreciated being woken up if she was there, and if she wasn't, they'd have probably assumed she'd gone to another party or friend's house. Plus the two housemates themselves might have pulled or gone to another party after the club. If the police were called every time a 21yo wasn't where he/she was supposed to be midway through a night out, they'd have no time for anything else.

If they have had too much to drink themselves then the first thing they will do is go straight to bed I guess but I do think someone should have thought among themselves to check seeming has she consumed a lot of alcohol the last time they seen her before she got put into a taxi

Not wanting to cause any upset or offence at all, but why on earth would you give the news two new photos to use - in one of which the missing person is wearing sunglasses that take up half her face? Just my opinion but I would have thought common sense suggests if someone is missing, release clear photos of their face.

Not wanting to cause any upset or offence at all, but why on earth would you give the news two new photos to use - in one of which the missing person is wearing sunglasses that take up half her face? Just my opinion but I would have thought common sense suggests if someone is missing, release clear photos of their face.

I think as her parents, they are perfectly okay to do and say and use whatever photos they choose ... thankfully, none of us can speak from experience but, I can imagine not thinking too logically by day 6 of my child being missing.

There have been clear facial photos of Libby released previously. I'd give the parents some leeway here, maybe these are photos that they particularly cherish for personal reasons?

There have been clear facial photos of Libby released previously. I'd give the parents some leeway here, maybe these are photos that they particularly cherish for personal reasons?
True, you're right. I'm sorry. I suppose I was thinking too logically and not thinking about the emotion and sentimentality behind their choices. I can't imagine what they're going through and choosing photographs for the press is probably not what they want to have to spend a lot of time doing. I apologise.

The only logical reason I can think of is if they think there's a possibly she's actually trying to evade detection and has willingly vanished. Which would fit with the direct appeals to Libby from friends of family perhaps.

I agree that the sunglasses photo wouldn't be helpful in locating her under the presumed circumstances of her disappearance--an accident. However, it could be helpful if there is any reason to believe she might have willingly left the area and doesn't want to be found, or she's been abducted and the abductor is concealing her identity. At this point, they may be considering any and all possibilities. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member