Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caroline Brockelbank‏ @CBrockelbank
Lots of police coming and going on this street as it’s announced a 24-year-old man on Raglan Street in Hull has been aressted on suspicion of abduction in connection with the disappearance of Libby Squire

DyytpSmX0AE_V-u.jpg

Caroline Brockelbank on Twitter

he had someone with him a passenger another person with him? or did Libby get in the car which would suggest she knew him?
Missing Libby Squire police identify man seen 'helping drunk student'
“We’d like a man who got out of his car and helped Libby on Beverley Road near to Beresford Avenue around 11.45pm to get in touch with us.
"He was driving a silver Citroen car, possibly a Xsara or Picasso model, and has been described as having long grey hair and a grey beard. He could also have been travelling with a passenger in the car.

Have searched back through all msm and can no longer read a description of the driver who stopped to offer help. Fairly sure initial reports indicated he was an older man but nothing available to back up that description now.

It's quoted again in one post above yours.

While I thought hypothermia/water were most likely, and statistically I think they would be most likely, I don't remember hearing about house searches before. And then that article that said Libby's closest friends had gone home to their parents so they couldn't attend the vigil, that made me wonder if LE were suspecting an abduction.

Do we know what time the arrest occurred? How long do they have to question someone under arrest in the UK before charges or release?

Oh here we go. I'm afraid now I don't expect a good outcome at all :(

I'm just trying to think where and how she was taken from/near the bench undetected. Unless Police have held back key details trying to figure that out themselves?

I guess they did. It explains the somewhat odd wording by Libby's mom in the last presser. They might have hoped he is holding her and she's still alive.

It's quoted again in one post above yours.

Thanks Elainera - I saw the bit about grey hair and beard but was trying to find an article that might have quoted his age - I did think it was quoted, initially, but perhaps it was only the grey hair description which might have given the impression of him being an older man.

This could be an Alexander Pacteau type situation but there is still the chance it could end up like the Gaia Pope circumstances. I'll wait for actual charges.

This was my first thought and I think my first post on the thread although I couldn't remember AP's name at the time, I think if it was a Gaia type situation Libby's body would have been found by now

Thanks Elainera - I saw the bit about grey hair and beard but was trying to find an article that might have quoted his age - I did think it was quoted, initially, but perhaps it was only the grey hair description which might have given the impression of him being an older man.

Oh I see.

I don't remember his age ever being mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member