Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no medical expert, but I don't think she would have developed hypothermia within 30 minutes. She was wearing a jacket. She would have been very cold definitely, but I wouldn't think semi-conscious due to hypothermia. I think she would still have appeared very drunk (an hour on from being turned away from Wellys) but mostly distraught at the situation generally.

Actually with a lot of alcohol in her system she would have become hypothermic faster than a sober person because the alcohol leads to an accelerated loss of heat through the skin.

I think the Sun have edited in a few seconds more footage to show the Police car unless I completely missed it? I don't think the car in front of that is involved.

The blue car is traveling too fast to make out its shape for me but the silver car is probably an Astra (with black wheels) but could be a Corsa. They are both travelling quite fast though and blur as they pass. FWIW the Police car is a Peugeot 308 I believe.

I think that the car in the sun video is possibly a complete different car to the itv cctv footage, uploaded a few shots for compa

Attachments

• 0589F82E-D3DE-43D7-A0D3-300C2DB5902C.jpeg
    0589F82E-D3DE-43D7-A0D3-300C2DB5902C.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 51
  • 5A6F2947-C729-4D20-BB25-50E24F0947C8.jpeg
    5A6F2947-C729-4D20-BB25-50E24F0947C8.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 48
  • D4E3E120-6BED-41AD-A2A8-030C0C8712AC.jpeg
    D4E3E120-6BED-41AD-A2A8-030C0C8712AC.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 47
At some point in the video, another car passes his parked car on the inside. That car must have come from even closer to the bollards at the dead part of the dead end, right?

Yes correct. Would like to know when that arrived, either before he was there or after and for how long and whether he had any interactions with the driver or other possible occupants. Renault Megane it looks like to me. I wonder what they saw as far as Libby is concerned.

With reports of screams and a door slam, could he not have his hand over her mouth? Its difficult to make out. I'm not sure if you can enable the lock on a passenger door manually I.e. child lock?

Possibly or could he have another person with him?

Also on my google map..howarth street is not a dead end but a loop?
Im confused and discombobulated now!
I see one end of the street feeding out onto cottingham rd and the other end feeding onto beverley road..,,what am i missing?

I can see where a satnav would be useful!!
Haworth Street is a dead end in that it has bollards across the Beverley Road end that stop cars driving through but it still allows pedestrians and cyclists to pass between the bollards

I can lock all doors from the drivers seat. Although I've not had a passenger wanting to leap out yet, so unsure if they're able to bypass it while I'm driving.

You are right that a driver can lock all doors if they have electronic door locks. For child safety reasons usually only the driver can control unlocking too if the driver locks it a certain way. They have to lock them a certain way for that feature. Thats my understanding of them in some of the cars I have been in.

How busy is this area at this time on a week night? Surely people would have questioned someone carrying an asleep or unconscious person or at least saw it? To me it looks like she was on a busy main road?
The cctv looks to me like someone gets in the car of their own occord, legs seem to move and bend in that way..

That was more or less what I am thinking I think he told her he was a taxi driver

Actually with a lot of alcohol in her system she would have become hypothermic faster than a sober person because the alcohol leads to an accelerated loss of heat through the skin.
Motionless, without a proper jacket, and drunk she may well have been suffering mild hypothermia in 30 minutes. I don't know the weather that night but if it was very humid or she was wet, 30 minutes is not too short at all.

The Sat nav / phone which most people use these days would provide an some concrete proof of where he's been. If he did just what he said then he would of been probally released. All satnav apps on your phone log your location, some even report them to aid traffic notices. I have a feeling they've got the guy, I just cant work out how she may of ended up in the woods (shudder). Without a body or blood I dont see how he will be charged thou.

Just bringing this forward with the more recent timings and information in blue.

Timeline:

11pm ish Libby gets in taxi at Welly
11:29 Taxi drops her near home on Wellesley Av. Neighbours saw her stumbling in street.
11:40 - 11:45 caught on CCTV on bench. Around this time grey beardy man stopped to offer assistance, she declined, police have cleared him
11:49ish PR? car arrives on Haworth Street (per ITV CCTV)
12:04-12:06 ish man smoking (CCTV)
12:08 passenger door opens (CCTV)

12:05 possible sighting Beresford Road (think this was discounted)
12:09 police say Libby had left the bench by now
12:19 the same car (tbc) seen Newland Av (per Sun CCTV)
12:15-12:30ish dark and eerie screams coming from park for 15 minutes
12:30ish man seen running from park
12:30ish scream and banging gate heard from Heathcote St near Libbys house.

Last edited:
I'm still having trouble with a workable theory.

did he see Libby on the bench as he drove past and on the spur of the moment decided to park up, have a smoke then approach her some time later? Not very likely IMO - how does he know she's drunk and incapable or simply waiting for someone

was he having a smoke anyway and somehow realised there was a vunerable woman round the corner and in a matter of minutes decided to abduct her?

was he sitting minding his own business and Libby was being noisy, calling for help or something and he's a genuine good samaritan who's innocently got caught up in this?

I'm really not sure what I think

JMO
If anyone drove past the lady whilst she was sat on the bench,which is on Beverley Road, there is no entry into Haworth Street where the car was parked because it has bollards across the Beverley Road end. The car driver would have had to enter Haworth Street from the Cottingham Road end

We still don’t know how long was she in his car? or in the worst case how long it took to dispose of her if that’s what happened to her

Very true, something seems odd about this though 21 minutes to get to a street that close, wonder where he took her in that time and how he will explain any journeys to police (lots of cctv at Bev road junctions and down Newland ave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ma1love