Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a strange feeling that it might be his car but not necessarily him driving it and that's why it's been released. Though why he'd not tell the police who it is in that case, I have no idea.

I'm unable to discern anything much at all from the cctv. I wonder if the spider has been evicted now.

Very good question, and I really really wonder too why it was released. There is definitelly some reason behind it...

UK police is notorious for not releasing much to media or public in many of the cases. Libby's case is already high profile, so, it was not released for publicity or public satisfaction. This video is part of the evidence... reason must be something else in my humble opinion...

If you all notice full length video is around 7 min long. BUT what we see or was released to us is around 1 min and half of it only. All the rest (5 and half min) is cut out. And not cut out in one place but in different and multiple places from that video. Then some bits of video are slowed down and some made faster.

Who's job was to do all that editing? What is the point? What is the reason to release this version to public?

Small note - guy sits down around 2.20 and gets up around 5.20 but time he sits is edited,cut from video too so it appears short time. So he sat there for around 3 min, clearly waiting for someone.

Five and a half minutes are missing from the video? That is interesting. What are we not seeing?

I have a strange feeling that it might be his car but not necessarily him driving it and that's why it's been released. Though why he'd not tell the police who it is in that case, I have no idea.

I'm unable to discern anything much at all from the cctv. I wonder if the spider has been evicted now.

Yes and this fits in with the neighbour saying he often saw two men in that car and indicated he didn't know which one owned it.

i dont think think libby was assaulted on the bench. Its not a high traffic area but a cyclist, bearded guy, car all past by in a short period of time.

I can see why libby would have trusted someone her own age more than the bearded older gentleman. Maybe the older guy freaked her out a bit and then when someone younger has offered to help she has accepted.

At the start of the cctv he is approaching the car from the bench side , is this when he first made contact with libby?! im interested in finding out how long he was parked there for.

He certainly looks directly at the camera and turns his back to it.

OR had he just come from the house in that street that was reported to be searched this week?

i dont think think libby was assaulted on the bench. Its not a high traffic area but a cyclist, bearded guy, car all past by in a short period of time.

I can see why libby would have trusted someone her own age more than the bearded older gentleman. Maybe the older guy freaked her out a bit and then when someone younger has offered to help she has accepted.

At the start of the cctv he is approaching the car from the bench side , is this when he first made contact with libby?! im interested in finding out how long he was parked there for.

He certainly looks directly at the camera and turns his back to it.
:

I noticed that, he looked like he had entered view from the bench side , either had made conversation with her , or was watching her , then went back to the car , rolled his cigarette and went back again , this time with Libby

I think his sister’s comment about him entering her postcode into his SatNav is significant. Remember she says, “why would he put in her postcode if he didn’t intend to take her home?”

Satnavs save postcodes under ‘last searches’. To me this sounds like the police have found her postcode in his, firmly linking him to the CCTV. As an occasional taxi driver (has that been confirmed?) he would ask for a podcode rather than directions, even though it was so close.

If she was able to give her postcode, she would have been conscious and got into the car willingly.
My fear is this will turn out to be something similar to Joanna Yeats. She goes trustingly and willingly, he makes an aggressive pass at her, and when she resists he ends up harming her to get his own way.

Morning all.

Couple of thoughts before I start:

1, I'm not convinced the the Newland Avenue CCTV is the same car.
2, If the CCTV is a last ditch effort by Police to get say the cyclist before their time is up with suspect then wouldn't it be more useful to place the appeal on the mobile billboard etc locally?

Also the Hull Daily Mail are saying Police have to charge or release by 21:11 tonight? I thought this could be extended a further 24 hours if needs be or is it the Police will keep that in reserve for later use?

They can have a maximum of 96 hours in total. So I think you are correct, that would leave another 24 hours available to Sunday evening.

Attachments

• 1A3697B0-EBE6-4FDC-9AA1-C28F0F17105E.jpeg
    1A3697B0-EBE6-4FDC-9AA1-C28F0F17105E.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 1
Correct. It is coming from the where the bollards are, yes.
So the car that passed must have been parked almost directly opposite him before it pulled away and passed him. He appears to get up from sitting as soon as this car has passed, goes somewhere for 2 mins, returns and drives off. I wonder if the other car has been traced/tracked. Could it be an accomplice?

He had plenty of time to key her address into the satnav, there's about 40 seconds between the passenger door shutting and the car driving off.

Furthermore, IF the car shown round the corner on Newlands is him, it took almost 10 minutes to get there. Why?

EDIT Sorry, there's about 20 seconds between the driver door shutting and him driving off. Maybe not enough time to do the satnav after all?

Last edited:
I cant help but think thst its unlikely libby will be found. If the person arrested is gulity of harming Libby he had plently of time to cover his tracks. In the samantha eastwood case they were pretty much on to Stirling straightaway yet they only found her body after he led them to under whilst on bail

Five and a half minutes are missing from the video? That is interesting. What are we not seeing?

I'd suspect they have probably just cut out the "boring" bits so that people only look at the bits they are interested in getting information on. Additionally it may be that they feel releasing the whole thing might mean some not watching it through properly or concentrating on irrelevant bits. Probably keen only to get responses on the particular important bits.

So the car that passed must have been parked almost directly opposite him before it pulled away and passed him. He appears to get up from sitting as soon as this car has passed, goes somewhere for 2 mins, returns and drives off. I wonder if the other car has been traced/tracked. Could it be an accomplice?

Yep. I would hope both the car driver and cyclist already came forward especially as there is no appeal for them with the release of this CCTV. Maybe they just didn't notice him there?

I think his sister’s comment about him entering her postcode into his SatNav is significant. Remember she says, “why would he put in her postcode if he didn’t intend to take her home?”

Satnavs save postcodes under ‘last searches’. To me this sounds like the police have found her postcode in his, firmly linking him to the CCTV. As an occasional taxi driver (has that been confirmed?) he would ask for a podcode rather than directions, even though it was so close.

If she was able to give her postcode, she would have been conscious and got into the car willingly.
My fear is this will turn out to be something similar to Joanna Yeats. She goes trustingly and willingly, he makes an aggressive pass at her, and when she resists he ends up harming her to get his own way.
Would she even know her postcode by heart after living there for a few months and being so drunk? Something tells me she was unlikely to be wanting a taxi to take her home, she had just walked from home to get to the bench. I think she thought she was heading back to the club. If he told his sister he put her postcode into his satnav I think it's likely to be a lie.

Yep. I would hope both the car driver and cyclist already came forward especially as there is no appeal for them with the release of this CCTV. Maybe they just didn't notice him there?
The car must belong to a resident living there, or a person visiting a resident as it's not a through street and leaving at that time of night? Maybe overthinking, but he seems to use the car leaving as a signal to get up and make his move.

in my opinion the passenger enters the car freely. The driver is stood by her, i can make out his head above the car and two legs are clearly visable on the person getting in the car. It would be difficult to put something forcefulky into a car without bending over it.

Thinking of my family with youngsters, I would say a child car seat is too big to be moved into the back between the 2 front seats. Plus there's all the straps to unclip it, which takes time and maybe not a one-handed job if you're trying to support/help someone into a passenger seat.

Might be a jacket or bag that he needs to move to the back seat to make space on the passenger seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke