Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #4 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PRs crimes seem to follow a pattern or arc explained in great detail in a book called Signature Killers, by Robert D Keppel.

Petty theft > Breaking and entering / burglary > minor sexual crimes > Sexual assault /rape > finally culminating in murder.

I just hope he is an anomaly, or is innocent.

I bet he was at the gym before, explains why he is wearing shorts, on one of the pics at the gym you see a number 4 on the wall, this is the xcersize 4 less gym on clough road,3 minutes from where the car was parked up on the cctv

My sons at Reading uni and when him and his mates took on a new rental they had a rear wall that had fallen down in the garden area and on signing contacts asked the landlord to fix it . The boys came home from uni one day and there was a random builder in the back garden fixing the wall ( there’s no access to it except through the house) so that builder had let himself in when all the lads were at lectures
The person on the uni site said the
worker had a master key for several of the properties I believe

I would assume that he took the standard paternity leave he was entitled to after the birth of both of his children. Would be interesting to know if burglaries/ flashing incidences etc increased in correspondence with these periods while he did not have to travel to and from work. His employer could obviously provide specific leave dates.

Im struggling to understanding the UK rules about the LE holding times. Can someone explain the "hold time" / release rules a little better for me. The question I have is lets suppose there were not these additional charges. What would have happened after the time limit was up and they had to let him go. Wouldn't they be able to re-arrest him anyway if they ended up finding additional evidence that pointed to his guilt?

I'm curious why police are so sure that she will be found near the area of the bench. She was seen getting into a car, which would mean that she could be anywhere including far away from the abduction site. Are police only searching the nearby area because that is the only place they know of right now, or is there another reason why police are certain that she will be near the bench?

I'm struck by the fact that PR was charged in court for the 19 Jan/Wellesley Ave public fiddling, but not (as Agme28 pointed out) for the Boxing Day/Ella St fiddling./QUOTE]

He WAS charged for Boxing Day but under voyeurism which will relate to him looking through the window. The victims said that they “saw him with his penis in his hand” when they returned home, didn’t say masturbating.

Last edited:
I'm curious why police are so sure that she will be found near the area of the bench. She was seen getting into a car, which would mean that she could be anywhere including far away from the abduction site. Are police only searching the nearby area because that is the only place they know of right now, or is there another reason why police are certain that she will be near the bench?
What makes you think they're certain she'll be found near the bench? They're searching in the park, not the abduction site.

Just guessing, but I think it may be down to the sat nav. We know he had it with him.

They record data on all journeys whether you plan a route or not. (There was a UK case in which a murderous lorry driver was caught out by that)

They should be able to narrow down a search area from that.

Im struggling to understanding the UK rules about the LE holding times. Can someone explain the "hold time" / release rules a little better for me. The question I have is lets suppose there were not these additional charges. What would have happened after the time limit was up and they had to let him go. Wouldn't they be able to re-arrest him anyway if they ended up finding additional evidence that pointed to his guilt?
they initially get 24 hours, if they need more time and the crime is deemed serious they can apply for it to be extended, If they still need more time they can apply for the maximum time of 96 hours, after this they either need enough evidence to charge them or release the, In this case they didn't have the evidence but luckily for them he had committed over crimes, so they could charge for them. If however he had been released they would need substantial new evidence before they could rearrest and start the process again.

Would there be a reason why they didn’t include the Boxing Day one if For Example ; it had been all over social media as I keep seeeing you shouldn’t discus things on social media that would prejudice a case ?
Maybe. The women he flashed off Ella St did say they'd shared the sketch ("Luckily, we a have a nice community around here and we have released descriptions to social media") - would that be enough to chuck a charge out? Police often release e-fits of prowlers etc. I'd more wondered if they had stronger evidence tieing him to the Wellesley Rd incident eg he was picked up in the vicinity at the time but not charged, something like that.

JMO
That is my fear too that she may have been taken away from the park altogether.

I think the reason they are focusing on the park area is remember the other day they searched extra benches in the park area (not the bench where she was known to have been last sitting). A separate bench within the park was searched and I bet LE got some information from the perp about that 2nd bench area in the park. So I think that is why they maybe focusing on the park area. They are trying to see if he had any truth to some of the lies he told them.

But you are right and I worry too that maybe she was taken completely away from there. I hope not.

Thanks. Isn't the park near the abduction site?
Not far away, but too far away to be called the abduction site. Judging from police activity, they suspect she was taken from the bench to the park. A witness described screams coming from the park and apparently saw somebody running away, although we don'yet t know for certain if those were related to Libby.

Yes. After they have had the maximum time granted for holding him at the police station for questioning, including any extensions, they would have to either charge or release. Although his original arrest was the suspicion of abducting Libby, they either didn't want to, or didn't have enough evidence to, charge him with anything. Once they have gathered all of their evidence from investigation and questioning, they have to present it to the Crown Prosecution Service, who will either say yes go ahead and charge, or no that won't hold up it's too weak, release him. So they either decided to or had enough evidence to bring the charges we heard today. It's actually a pretty good position to have him in because he is not free, and they can still question him about Libby. Once they charge him with anything in relation to Libby they cannot question him any more, it progresses to building a case to go to a trial. Although of course, I wish they could just find Libby

Edit to add: if they had to release him, they would have had to gain some pretty strong evidence to justify re-arresting him and questioning him further. This is only usually done at the accused's willingness to go voluntarily, but more often than not they would just wait until they had enough evidence to go straight to arresting him and a pretty swift charge follows

I get a little frustrated that they're "searching for Libby" in those brambles. I get it if they're searching for evidence but not for Libby. Are they expecting to find her alive in there after 11 days?

They have to find her no matter what.

If she is found in those brambles I am sure LE is just looking for her body by now unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelinazoomazooma