UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might a defendant clean their car if they had raped someone? And give a version to friends if they had committed rape as a singular offence? Might a criminal do that in hope the victim may not report it as one example?
The issue with the car cleaning is how often do you see people clean their cars- for many it is a once in a blue moon occurrence. If you live on a terraced street, it will be very rare that you get parked directly outside your house, unless there is generally enough parking for everyone. I’ve lived in a nice cup de sac for five years- I have seen every neighbour in that time clean their car, but probably once or twice only in the five years (and I worked from home even before Covid)- my neighbour brings his motorbike out of the garage and then cleans his motorbike at the beginning of every month without fail. He said she was in his car that night, he has been accused of rape at the playing fields (so not in the car)- what are we surmising get cleaned from his car and the purpose of its relevance?

The issue with the car cleaning is how often do you see people clean their cars- for many it is a once in a blue moon occurrence. If you live on a terraced street, it will be very rare that you get parked directly outside your house, unless there is generally enough parking for everyone. I’ve lived in a nice cup de sac for five years- I have seen every neighbour in that time clean their car, but probably once or twice only in the five years (and I worked from home even before Covid)- my neighbour brings his motorbike out of the garage and then cleans his motorbike at the beginning of every month without fail. He said she was in his car that night, he has been accused of rape at the playing fields (so not in the car)- what are we surmising get cleaned from his car and the purpose of its relevance?

My post was only to highlight its possible a rapist might clean their car after a crime same as a murderer might (or both)

The prosecution brought in the clean presumably ? ? To try and remove any fibres or DNA evidence of Libby

This has really shocked me too... with the current and river bed I’d have thought clothes and jewellery would have ripped off, especially if this was weeks later :eek:

This may be a really daft question, but if there was a possibility the body was put in at a later date then we’d have been told about that by now surely?
I’m assuming a pathologist would be able to determine the amount of time in the water? o_O
Pages behind, so answering, but may have been commented on before. It’s not a rough fast, straight river. It’s a slow flowing tide in and out that creates the movement. The fact clothes remain intact is not surprising and doesn’t indicate less time in the water.

How do you know it's definitely the lodge? The only information I've been able to find is it being described as on the edge of the playing fields and overlooking the playing fields

Surname / road name google search :)

The address is 'The Lodge', but it's privately owned. Not used by park staff etc. I'd agree that it's almost certainly where the witness was living.

It does look like she’s got her arm/thumb out, I wonder if she sees the bus coming the other way and thinks about getting on it for some reason. She crosses the road in front of it and it seems to slow a little, but then she carries on walking.
That part of the clip irritated me- it felt like she deliberately walked in front of the bus to make herself seen to it and then tried to get the bus to stop, and sadly as is common here- the bus driver drove on ( he should have stopped regardless as it’s a bus stop and someone was nearby and may have wanted to catch the bus).

It always frustrating when the cause of death is inconclusive...whatever side of the fence we sit we can take our bits from the pathologist and it will fit ...imo it will be his past convictions, lies and behaviour that will get his conviction
There’s a large portion of me feels that isn’t enough- pure frustration. I want (and I am stamping my feet at this point) people to be convicted on evidence. Arrrrrggggghhhhhh- that CCTV from Oakland’s via the yeast factory-I have my fingers crossed it caught something.

Richard Wright QC, prosecuting, asked what the screams conveyed to him.

Mr Alford replied: “Like, desperation.”

He said the screaming went on for an estimated four to seven minutes.

After going to the toilet briefly, he looked out of his window, on to a skate park, but could not see anything initially.

Mr Alford said there was a full moon and snow, so the visibility was good, and after a few minutes he saw a man crossing the park.

He told the jury: “There was an urgency about the way he was moving.

“He was moving with a purpose, he didn’t look back once.”

Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media
He acknowledged he went to the toilet briefly (assume a wee- max 1 minute)- I’m not sure he has anything to gauge his times on- 7 minutes looking out a window and wondering in the middle of the night is a massive amount of time. I would struggle to focus for 7 minutes without distractions during the day- at night I would be either asleep before 7 minutes is up or clock watching. Perfect example last night- storm Charlie was pounding our windows. I couldn’t sleep, so dozed on our couch until 2.00ish then went back to our bed, Hubbie got up as couldn’t sleep (looked at clock 2.17) and went to lounge. Sometime after youngest can in had a nightmare. It felt like it was spaced over a good hour that this happened. Reality- the storm woke us all up around2.15 and we all shifted beds within a few minutes of each other. I had checked my phone (all up it was less than 10 minutes)

My post was only to highlight its possible a rapist might clean their car after a crime same as a murderer might (or both)

The prosecution brought in the clean presumably ? ? To try and remove any fibres or DNA evidence of Libby
That to me is clutching at straws, it doesn’t sit well with me as a point that needs making, rather it appears desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123