Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is unsettling that they haven’t released a statement but there are things going on behind the scenes that must be preventing them from doing so.

I agree, I just found it odd because they would normally have announced if it was being extended, or a charge release. Maybe an update in the morning.

Has there been any update from LE? I can’t seem to see any, he would have needed to be charged/released or extended by now.
The only update I found from today is this one:

"Please continue not to speculate - any information should be passed to police. There are no further updates from police so far today."

https://www.facebook.com/pg/lancslive/posts/

Thanks for joining us. The rules take a little getting used to but you’ll get used to it. Even older members make the mistake sometimes!

We just need to leave rumours off the thread unless we can back it up with an article from MSM. There’s also private messaging if you want to discuss things with other members too.

Welcome ;)
for new members.If you want to send or you receive a pm ,scroll up to top of the page.Inbox is next to your name.

I agree, I just found it odd because they would normally have announced if it was being extended, or a charge release. Maybe an update in the morning.

I just found this on LawStuff. There may well have been delays getting an AA in place:
  • If you are under 17 years old, you also have the right to have an Appropriate Adult, a person over 18 who will support you if you are at the police station or are being interviewed by the police. They must be there by law if you are interviewed, searched, fingerprinted, photographed, giving DNA or being tested for drugs. If you are under 18 the police must try to contact your parents, guardian or carers.
If you are arrested – LawStuff

The thread will reopen after everyone has had a chance to read the following. Please “Like” this post to indicate that you have read and understand this post. If you do not understand, private message a Mod / Admin and we will clarify.

To new members, do not get discouraged. Websleuths’ rules are more strict than other “anything goes” type of sites. Our rules take a while to get used to and veteran members know that. We take your newness into consideration when reviewing the thread and we try not to be too tough on you.

PLEASE READ The Rules or face a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges. Websleuths TOS aka The Rules are linked in my signature.

Over 80 posts had to be removed due to TOS violations.

Sleuthing family social media and personal information is not allowed UNLESS they have been officially named a POI or suspect by law enforcement. You may discuss what they have said in MSM or what is said about them in MSM, but you may not sleuth out their personal information and post about it here.

If you state something as fact, you MUST provide an MSM or LE link to substantiate; if it is only your opinion, you must make that clear (MOO, JMO, IMO, etc); otherwise your post is considered rumor and will be removed.

No MSM links have been provided to support the statement that Lindsay was meeting her daughter for tea.

Do NOT bring names, initials and other social media comments or drama to Websleuths.

Do NOT make accusations against anyone who has not been officially named a POI or suspect by law enforcement.

Anything you have heard or read on social media (i.e. comments by the general public or by “locals”) is considered rumor. Do not bring rumors to Websleuths.

Your speculation here must be based on some known fact that is from MSM or LE. You may not use what you have read on social media to speculate here at Websleuths.

“Local knowledge” consists of the general flavour of the area, the weather, the geography, etc. It does NOT include any rumors, gossip, or any information related to the actual investigation or the individuals involved. If you know a major case player, you must be a Verified Insider to post any knowledge you may have.

All that aside, members can do all sorts of sleuthing behind the scenes and share all sorts of information with other members through private messaging. You just can’t post it all on the public thread.

I have to go out for a bit and will reopen this thread when I come back.

Please read the above and "Like" this post even if you don't like it :D

Thank you.

Qmfr:
My first thought goes to Jessica Ridgeway. She was 10 years old. Her killer was 16 when he was arrested. He had attacked an adult female jogger before abducting, assaulting and killing Jessica. Our Late Great @Foxfire used to talk about how some budding Serial Killers start as young as 14 years old. I won’t be surprised at all to learn the motive was sexual here.

(I just wanted to correct my mistake that ARS was actually 17, not 16, when he killed Jessica. )

Would they still put out an appeal for a name if the family had identified the person straight away ? What would they hope to gain from that?
I presume that they would. They may well gain valuable information from the public. Does that help?

I presume that they would. They may well gain valuable information from the public. Does that help?
Gathering information/witness statements helps the police to build a case against suspect/suspects for the court, and, presumably, the Crown Prosecution Service. Although, I'm no expert

Yes that makes sense ..I was thinking purely in regards to getting an identification

We don't know that they even showed the family that Cctv. TB certainly seems to be in the dark.

No we dont but LE would be pretty stupid not to ask the family first if they recognised him before a public appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC