Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2019-8-29_4-24-31.jpegTributes and flowers in memory of Lindsay Birbeck (Image: Jon Macpherson)

Paying tribute to his mum on Twitter, Stephen Birbeck wrote: “I’ve always cherished the thought of seeing my mum smile.

“The fact that she will never see me and my sister grow up and not going to be there on our wedding days and never see her grandchildren deeply saddens us.”
How the death of a mum-of-two has shocked a community

Understood MOO
The boy Is an accessory just to shift the bin to the cemetary until night fall where the killer has gone to the body to bury. I’m not sure looking at the CCTV footage If the lad has been aware what was In the bin due to him looking to casual, sleeves rolled up to elbows, not wearing gloves and walking In broad day light. The lad hasn’t tried to cover his tracks at all so he’s definitely not the killer. <modsnip: Please read The Rules. Do not make accusations against persons who have not been officially named a POI/suspect.>
nder

“The town is in great shock, you don’t expect these things to occur. It brought the best of the community together.

This is the last thing any of these people who went out in the hour of need wanted, for it to end in a despicable act.”

Hyndburn MP Graham Jones said: “My thoughts are with the family of Lindsay and particularly her two children. It’s so shocking.

Her children have lost their mother. We are all left asking ‘Who would commit such a heinous act and take someone’s life in such circumstances?’”

'The town is in great shock': Community in mourning after Lindsay Birbeck murder

"THE heartbroken husband of a mum found strangled in a cemetery says he is "broken" by her murder.

Lindsay Birbeck, 47, was found dumped in Accrington on Saturday - 12 days after she first vanished.

A 16-year-old boy has now been arrested on suspicion of murdering the teaching assistant after a post-mortem revealed she was strangled.

Lindsay's heartbroken husband Tim has now revealed his pain on Facebook after a pal asked him how he was coping.

The dad wrote: "Broken mate, it certainly hurt mate".

He later replied to another well-wisher: "It is horrendous watching our children go through this as well."

Strangled Lindsay Birbeck's husband says he is 'broken' by her murder

"The couple's 19-year-old son SB also said whoever allegedly killed his mum had robbed her of the chance to become a grandmother, reports the Mail .

They also shared 16-year-old SB, who received her GCSE results last week.

SB added: "The fact that she will never see me and my sister grow up and not going to be there on our wedding days and never see her grandchildren deeply saddens us.

"All taken by some selfish person who deserves what comes around."

Husband of 'murdered' mum Lindsay Birbeck says he is 'broken' by her death

*Children's names changed to initials by me.

Is this type of extension normal? To me it implies they don’t have much physical evidence as surely he would’ve been charged if they did? Hope that isn’t the case and I’m wrong, I’m not very knowledgeable on this subject.

Is this type of extension normal? To me it implies they don’t have much physical evidence as surely he would’ve been charged if they did? Hope that isn’t the case and I’m wrong, I’m not very knowledgeable on this subject.

It is fairly normal.
24 hours is not really that long for questioning when you allow for the refreshment breaks required through the day, plus the 8 hour overnight break, which is mandatory.

So it is quite usual to see it go to at least 36 hours, because the additional 12 hours can be obtained with only the approval of a Superintendent needed.

After 36 hours - which is where we are now - they have to obtain Magistrates sign off for the next 24.
I expect, if they are waiting on forensics, they may release by tomorrow morning, under investigation - which allows them to recall with time still left on the clock.

( of course, now I've said that, they will go the full 96 ! )

It is fairly normal.
24 hours is not really that long for questioning when you allow for the refreshment breaks required through the day, plus the 8 hour overnight break, which is mandatory.

So it is quite usual to see it go to at least 36 hours, because the additional 12 hours can be obtained with only the approval of a Superintendent needed.

After 36 hours - which is where we are now - they have to obtain Magistrates sign off for the next 24.
I expect, if they are waiting on forensics, they may release by tomorrow morning, under investigation - which allows them to recall with time still left on the clock.

( of course, now I've said that, they will go the full 96 ! )

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks!

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

They won’t release his name. But a judge can lift the reporting restrictions after the trial or guilty plea which was the case with Aaron Campbell recently and today with Thomas Griffiths. Both under 18.

Last edited by a moderator:
"A special remembrance walk is to take place in memory of Lindsay Birbeck.

The family of the 47-year-old has requested the walk which will take place on Thursday, August 29, in The Coppice, Accrington.

It will start from the Avenue Parade entrance of the woodland at 6.30pm.

Members of the community are invited to join the respectful evening walk in remembrance of the mum-of-two.

A special place will be assigned for people to lay flowers in memory of Lindsay.

Organisers have requested that no one brings Chinese lanterns due to their danger factors."

Lindsay Birbeck murder: The facts so far as investigation continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member