Found Deceased UK - Lisa Hale, 40, Farnborough, 14 Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is so very sad. The army know the woods extremely well so I am surprised Lisa has not yet been found.
Is there anywhere else she might be?

I suppose between there and her house . She used to run around fleet pond too. Gather the route she took that night follows her usual running route. So while it seems odd it maybe her “auto drive” walk. In theory, based on her routes on Strava , she should have either walked round the pond and home or through the woods to home. There has been no new updates but her uncle assures is they are still actively searching.

Was Lisa known for going for night walks or runs?

Not that I’m aware of. But we were childhood friends as opposed to adult friends. The usual keep in touch we should meet etc. Her closer friends from recent might have more insight. But she’s a kind gentle and unassuming girl from my perspective. Which hasn’t really changed since we were 6 years old.

If that was her usual route, it makes sense that she was there, then. Like you said, possibly on autopilot. My goodness, she must have had some stamina, bless her heart.

Has there been any appeals for cctv or dashcam footage?

Is her last known movements the clip from the garage ?
Yes, as far as the public is aware. But people have been asked to check their home surveillance equipment, dash cams, etc. It may be that the police know more, but aren't saying (I don't know if they would do that? Seems counterproductive, but they are saying so little that it also seems entirely possible).

I'm a runner but I would never run or be walking around at that time of night. Especially woods!

Although most places here in England have their 'rougher' areas.....only in the bigger cities are there ares i would 'probably' avoid. I'm in Southampton and would happily walk at night anywhere.....Farnborough has a lot of military, but is far from a dodgy place!
I often think on here (guess your Scottish), when reading threads on the uk.....that (no offence to Americans) England is almost a safe haven compared to the US.

Hi - read through this thread with interest. I'm very local to where she lived and went missing - according to the police she walked 200 metres from my house on her last known walk. I don't know her, but I've been following the case closely, and wanted to clear up a few things:

1. It has been weirdly low profile. Other very similar cases have made the national news within a day - it's now been 3 weeks with no real escalation in news spread.
2. It's been quite widely shared on local Facebook groups, although there has been no-one sharing more than has been reported. There are definitely a load of flyers on lampposts and windows.
3. She may have had mental health problems, but this is only word of mouth.
4.Her route took her from the Shell garage at Farnborough Gate, and apparently up Hawley Lane to the crossroads and finally through or near Hawley Woods. How they know this without her having a mobile phone, I don't know. Maybe CCTV, not that I can think of any on that road? As others have pointed out, some if it doesn't have paths, and some doesn't have lighting. It's not the best route to walk at midnight on your own, especially when you live nowhere near.
5. 48 hours later, 2 men were arrested trying to abduct a woman at a McDonalds 1/2 mile from Hawley Woods. They have been arrested - but it makes you think.
6. The fact that clothing items (I believe a hat and a phone/scarf/gloves depending on reports) were found in the woods has never been officially released as information.
7. Fleet Pond is not near these last sightings, and in a different direction from her house.
8. It's a relatively peaceful area, and well populated - as others have said, Hawley Woods has a LOT of human traffic, hundreds of even thousands of people and dogs every day. Having said that, it has been home to a few suicides in the last few years. I'm highly surprised, if she is there, that she hasn't been found yet, despite the size of the woods.
9. As others have said, it's hard not to make assumptions on this when there is such little news or facts being released. Walking at midnight, often in pitch black, quite cold weather, on a circuitous route that goes in a radius AROUND her house, on valentine's night, not taking her mobile phone, with a partner at home - it's hard to draw any other conclusions than that she wasn't happy.
10. The weather 24 hours after her appearance until even today has been awful. If she was out in the woods, I doubt she survived. If she has survived, she must have had help, as there's no transport at that time of night. And how could she coordinate help without a mobile phone?

These are my brief thoughts about it. Some interesting (although maybe unverified) facts in this thread - for example, that her parents may be connected to law enforcement (may show why this has been so tightly controlled), that the partner went for a local park run the morning after she disappeared, that there may have been a note with the clothing items (which may explain why the clothing find has not been announced) and that local hotels were told to let her stay (may indicate that they don't think she's died).

If there's someone that reads this and knows a lot more about the case than the public does - if you need our help there NEEDS TO BE MORE INFORMATION RELEASED! If the police are purposedly withholding information, it can only be because they have reason to believe she is still alive, or they believe that someone close knows more than they are letting on.

We hope there is more informtion soon. It makes the local area feel a lot less safe with this hanging over us.

Last edited:
Thank you,wibbler for joining websleuths and posting such a comprehensive summary of your thoughts,which certainly echo some of the concerns I have had, including the lack of media reports.
It is always a huge benefit to have people who can give detailed information about the local area.

Several large empty properties near Hawley Woods, such as Abercon House and Minley Manor. Presumably, without a warrant the police can't search them.....

Could they search the properties with permission from the owners? I'm sure they wouldn't object..

Interesting new information here: They know the route taken because she's shown on CCTV at the Blackwater and Hawley Leisure Centre. This must be the CCTV on the front corner of the building. I'd assume that means she walked along Hawley Green road, although there's a chance it caught her walking past up Hawley Road. Either way, for her to not be seen again, she must have entered the woods or still be close to that CCTV location ( otherwise she would have been picked up on further CCTV down both the roads).

They also don't believe there is foul play, indicating either (1) suicide, (2) fatal accident or (3) she is still in that area and alive. I don't fancy the chances of the 3rd option.

This is quite a mystery.

Assuming I'm looking at the right places, the distance between the shell garage and the leisure centre is about 2.7 miles. That alone is about a 40 min walk, plus the distance from her home too...

To be out walking around at that time seems to me to be a 'head clearing' type exercise. Sadly I don't think the outcome of this is going to be positive. I just hope they find her soon for the sake of her family.

Im a local and many of us talk and have concerns of her where abouts. The no news is terrible.
It all seems strange like the p0lice aren't telling us the full story. Had lisa and her fiancee had a argument that night? had she gone for a head cleaning walk on a poignant valentine's evening? Why walk through the woods? The way home via street lights is much safer. At the angle of the camera she could have crossed the road a bit further on and walked home via street lights. Why walk through woods at that time of night. No women would think of it alone! Was she meeting someone?

Did she stop at the shop? Did she buy anything? Where are the videos showing her walking past the leisure centre?

Unfortunately Hawley lakes is a suic#de spot, are we unaware of of an underlying mental health issues?

Why did the fiancee run his final run if she hadn't come home? Were they still living together? Did he scatter her things as a diversion on his morning run? Did she make it home that night.

I know we are all different but my partner present or past has never gone for a walk at midnight (maybe a midnight beer run) but if they didn't come home id worry, even more so if we had a argument.
I know this sounds cr@zy but how much was she worth? Was she the main breadwinner? and had she insured herself for their m0rtgage with life insur@nce.
I know im spinning the bottle but where is she! If it was suic#de have they been looking up in the trees....

Why did the fiancee run his final run if she hadn't come home? Were they still living together? Did he scatter her things as a diversion on his morning run? Did she make it home that night.

I'm still feeling a bit uncomfortable about the fiance, I have to say. I also find it odd that they find some random belongings of hers in the woods but no sign of her. Makes me wonder if they were put there as a red herring.

I could be way off the mark but my thoughts keep going back to this. MOO

Last edited:
I could be way off the mark but my thoughts keep going back to this. MOO[/QUOTE]

Believe it mate theres always a motive and money motivates, it can be the root of all evil. The police would definitely suspect the partner as part of the investigation. Thats normal. What goes on between 2 people stays with them but she would have had friends, did she confide in someone of her relationship worries.
We all still want to hear the news she will be found alive

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back